• 6(current)
Remote Launcher - start XBMC/Kodi remotely from your Android device
If anybody here is using a Honeycomb device and would be willing to try out the upcoming version of Remote Launcher, please let me know and I'll send the apk.

I've done some major refactoring to make it work in HC. All IO is now on a separate thread (required for HC) and the UI should feel snappier. I'm sure I've introduced a bug or two though...
hey nice app but it only works with wifi and not with 3G and I always use 3G so if apps can be launched with 3G I would be verry happy
sompie Wrote:hey nice app but it only works with wifi and not with 3G and I always use 3G so if apps can be launched with 3G I would be verry happy

Hi!

It does work well with 3G but depending on your network setup you have to configure your router to forward the port that Remote Launcher uses.

The default port is 4444. So you need to forward that port to the IP of your PC in the router configuration. Then you point the app to the IP of your router and it should work.

If you have a public ip on your PC then that should work without any configuration, please let me know if that's the case and maybe we can debug the issue.
Dear users,
I install Remote-server-launcher on linux Gentoo.
When it start the application, I receive a message :
"Error parsing gtk-icon-sizes string: ''
The graphic interface does'nt work.
So, I can't modify the setting.

Second question : I start the application using two differents users (root and xbmc). But, I do error entering the password for xbmc.
Is it possible to reset all configuration to restart at the begining ?

third Questions :
Is it possible to launch remote-server automatically for a specific user on a specific terminal.

Thanks for your help.
esa66 Wrote:Dear users,
I install Remote-server-launcher on linux Gentoo.
When it start the application, I receive a message :
"Error parsing gtk-icon-sizes string: ''
The graphic interface does'nt work.
So, I can't modify the setting.

Second question : I start the application using two differents users (root and xbmc). But, I do error entering the password for xbmc.
Is it possible to reset all configuration to restart at the begining ?

third Questions :
Is it possible to launch remote-server automatically for a specific user on a specific terminal.

Thanks for your help.

Even if the graphical interface doesn't work you can still configure your launchers by editing the file /home/<username>/.remotelauncherserver

Can you please check the remotelauncherserverlog file in your home directory to see if there is a more detailed error when trying to start the server? I guess you've already noticed that you can start it with the "-d" option to start it without a GUI?

You can reset the password by deleting the /home/<username>/.java/.userPrefs/RemoteLauncherServer/ directory. Then you will be asked to enter a new password when you start the server again.

Here is some information about how to add programs on startup in gentoo (if you want to be able to start it without going into X. If you want to do it after logging in to Gnome for example you can just add it to the startup programs in gnome):
http://www.wiredrevolution.com/gentoo/ru...ith-gentoo

Remember to start it with "-d" if you're not using X and to add a "&" sign to the end of the command so that it starts in the background.
Remote Launcher 0.2.14 is now out.

Changes include a new Wake On Lan widget and a crash bug fix.
to kill tasks within windows Vista or 7 write this in advanced mode:

taskkill /im xxx.exe

for example:

Close XBMC
Close XBMC Media Center
taskkill /im xbmc.exe
lurchie85 Wrote:to kill tasks within windows Vista or 7 write this in advanced mode:

taskkill /im xxx.exe

for example:

Close XBMC
Close XBMC Media Center
taskkill /im xbmc.exe

Cool, thanks for the tip!
0.2.15 of the app has just been released!

This release adds support for Android Shortcuts. Besides being nice to have on the home screen for easy access to launchers (basically the same as the widgets that are already available but slightly different look), this makes it really easy to use Remote Launcher together with Llama to automate tasks, e.g. "shutdown computer when leaving home" or "send wake on lan package and start xbmc when I get back home".

Enjoy!

http://remotelauncher.owtroid.com
Hi - love the app!

Just thought I'd share how I'm using it to get complete control of my XBMC via my Android (Galaxy S II), in Windows 7 x64 bit environment using WGET, with this app.

The XBMC remote control apps out there for the Droid are great - but don't provide the functionality to get to the Recently Added Episodes window, Recently Added Movies Window, Pandora, or 8 tracks audio plugin.

I use those pretty much exclusively.

So, I used the background setup from my Harmony One Remote control setup post - combined with yours to get Nirvana!

First, I turned on the XBMC webserver (Systems/ Network Settings), and installed WGET.

Downloaded your Windows server , java, and made a launcher pointing to each one of these shortcuts to .cmd files. .

Downloaded this app on my Droid - put in the password - booya!

Any detailed questions on WGET or the .cmd files please refer to my Harmony One setup post where I cover those in detail in the first part of that post.

Cheers!!
owtroid Wrote:0.2.15 of the app has just been released!

This release adds support for Android Shortcuts. Besides being nice to have on the home screen for easy access to launchers (basically the same as the widgets that are already available but slightly different look), this makes it really easy to use Remote Launcher together with Llama to automate tasks, e.g. "shutdown computer when leaving home" or "send wake on lan package and start xbmc when I get back home".

Enjoy!

http://remotelauncher.owtroid.com

Thanks for making this!

Really like the shortcuts, however, half of the time I use one, it leaves the program screen open after use?
steppedup Wrote:Hi - love the app!

Just thought I'd share how I'm using it to get complete control of my XBMC via my Android (Galaxy S II), in Windows 7 x64 bit environment using WGET, with this app.

The XBMC remote control apps out there for the Droid are great - but don't provide the functionality to get to the Recently Added Episodes window, Recently Added Movies Window, Pandora, or 8 tracks audio plugin.

I use those pretty much exclusively.

So, I used the background setup from my Harmony One Remote control setup post - combined with yours to get Nirvana!

First, I turned on the XBMC webserver (Systems/ Network Settings), and installed WGET.

Downloaded your Windows server , java, and made a launcher pointing to each one of these shortcuts to .cmd files. .

Downloaded this app on my Droid - put in the password - booya!

Any detailed questions on WGET or the .cmd files please refer to my Harmony One setup post where I cover those in detail in the first part of that post.

Cheers!!

Awesome! It's really fun to see the creative ways people are using this. Much more creative than what I do with it myself Smile
greyghost Wrote:Thanks for making this!

Really like the shortcuts, however, half of the time I use one, it leaves the program screen open after use?

Hmm, there's quite likely a little bug there somewhere then... If you have the possibility to help debug it please contact me on contact at owtroid dot com.

Thanks!
sam9s Wrote:Ok installed the tools and it works flawlessly, however .....

Putting the PC in to hibernation is supported by XBMC skin natively, so point one solved, can you point me in right direction as to how to wake the PC from hibernation using Remote launcher. I have less idea as to how wake on lan works. My pc config os as follows ....

C2D E6300 Proc
ASUS P5B Delux wifi mobo
4GB ram

I could not find "wake on an" in my official XBMC android remote.....

Use to hibernate this code

Hibernate
Hibernate
Shutdown /h

However if i hibernate my pc cant use wol any one having similar problem or a solution?
warlion Wrote:Use to hibernate this code

Hibernate
Hibernate
Shutdown /h

However if i hibernate my pc cant use wol any one having similar problem or a solution?

I assume you have entered the mac address in the server config?

You also need to check your bios configuration to make sure that WOL is enabled. Some mainboards allow you to configure if it should be enabled when powered off, when in hibernate or when in suspend etc so it could be that you need to enable it there.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote Launcher - start XBMC/Kodi remotely from your Android device1