• 7(current)
Python Inside
(darkie @ feb. 07 2004,23:42 Wrote:you can't load external dll's (.pyd) yet. i'm busy with that atm.
only problem is that the dll has to be compiled for the xbox, and _sqllite.pyd is probably not.
great!
some more new possibilities soon!
darkie are you interested to see the scripts written using your python port? as i wrote 2 and you could see what's done thanks to you Image
also no special site is planned for them ?
as to share our scripts is not very easy and only few people can access them so for now.

is there a tutorial to compile our own pyd for the xbox? as i really wish to see the pil library ported to our nice console
Quote:darkie are you interested to see the scripts written using your python port?
sure, if you upload them to www.xboxmediaplayer.it/upload i will add them into cvs. this is the only way, cause there isn't a webpage for python scripts yet.

Quote:is there a tutorial to compile our own pyd for the xbox? as i really wish to see the pil library ported to our nice console
first i need to create some working examples myself before i can create a tutorial Smile . another problem is that pil has to be ported to the xbox first (if it is needed) before you can create a pyd at all
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i don't think my scripts deserve to be in the cvs as they are ealry version and only useful for france for now (weather info and tv guide).
and do you plan to create a specific webpage for them anytime soon?
hi darkie!
i need your help again Huh

i'd like to create a 'pop-up' like window and being able to close it to easily. but i have no idea if we are able to do it using xbmc and also how to do it Sad

thank you again for your patience with me darkie Smile
i guess you have no time to reply to my previous post darkie...

i just noticed settext has to be named setlabel in the new cvs compile. the buttons are a great feature so i really have to include them in thefuture.

if you want to see of one my scripts, check the french tv guide here:
tv guide france
you can't create custom dialogs (if that is what you mean?)

what you can do is create a new window and close it after pressing "ok?". after pressing ok the window will be destroyed and you will automaticly return to the old window.

just tried your script, very nice.. to bad it is only useful for france Smile
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

thank you darkie, without your help i wwould never have started to work on scripts and even learnt python in fact. so thank you again for all!
your idea about the dialog window is very nice, i was more on a new window idea but the dialog could fit well for my need

:d
darkie, i just noticed sometimes when a python script crash, xbmc is totally frozen and so i need to restart the xbox.
is this a known bug?

and what do you think about adding a debug log for python? so it would be easier to know where is the problem when the script crashes the xbox.
Quote:darkie, i just noticed sometimes when a python script crash, xbmc is totally frozen and so i need to restart the xbox.
is this a known bug?
if python crashes xbmc will crash to, can't do anything about that. but python shouldnt crash at all  :d

Quote:and what do you think about adding a debug log for python? so it would be easier to know where is the problem when the script crashes the xbox.

good idea. will do that.

Quote:import xbmc, xbmcgui

dialog = xbmcgui.dialog()

list = ['kieren','nickname2','nickname3','nickname4', 'other...']
selected = dialog.select('rename xbox', list)
if selected != -1:
if selected == len(list)-1: list[selected] = 'osk'
if dialog.yesno('rename xbox', 'are you sure you want to rename your xbox', list[selected]):
nickname = open("e:\\udata\\nickname.xbn","w")
nickname.write('\x08\xe0\xac\x0f')
for character in list[selected]:
nickname.write(character + '\x00')
remainingbytes = range(0, 3400 - len(list[selected])*2 - 4)
for count in remainingbytes: nickname.write('\x00')
nickname.close()

is there or will there be any support for the on screen keyboard so i could add a custom names option to the above code?
hi darkie!
i just created a new script that reads the google news (every countries work) and display them by categories.
i would be honoured if you accept to be a beta tester for it :d
darkie,
are you planning to modify the windowexample script soon?
as some functions are not documented like :
setnavigation, removecontrol, setfocus for the window object are not very clear for me and the example is the only way to have infos about how to use them...

also, in my script i'm doing a dirty thing : i just add one more controlimage over the previous one to erase the screen in the same class. it uses memory for nothing so and it's too dirty. so how can i do that please?
Quote:is there or will there be any support for the on screen keyboard so i could add a custom names option to the above code?
no. but i can always have a look at it to add it.

Quote:darkie,
are you planning to modify the windowexample script soon?
as some functions are not documented like :
setnavigation, removecontrol, setfocus for the window object are not very clear for me and the example is the only way to have infos about how to use them...
no don't have it planned Smile . but what still needs to be done is writing better documentation for python (there is none currently).
but since i don't have time at all now, i can't add/create any new code / documentation for python.
maybe someone else is willing to make a start at this?

Quote:also, in my script i'm doing a dirty thing : i just add one more controlimage over the previous one to erase the screen in the same class. it uses memory for nothing so and it's too dirty. so how can i do that please?
you can use removecontrol to remove all the controls.
you can also delete the window and create it again to start with a new clean window.

cool, thanks

btw i just made a dvd ripper if anyones interested

edit: i'll upload it to cvs
thank you darkie!
i figured out how to use removecontrol and it works very nicely now!

do you have an email where i can send you my scripts?
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Python Inside0