• 8(current)
Python Inside
script can be uploaded in file format here (upload url link) (please compress the script file/s with zip or rar before upload, thx)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
hi
i uploaded one of my script (tvguide) last week there and it's not in the cvs... also how to update them once they are uploaded?
Sad 
where can i get these scripts?

i am just curious how they work.
check the scripts included in the cvs on sourceforge.
mine are not available yet
(alx5962 @ feb. 20 2004,10:44 Wrote:hi
i uploaded one of my script (tvguide) last week there and it's not in the cvs... also how to update them once they are uploaded?
i thought you told darkie not to put your scripts in the cvs yet? to send in "update" just upload complete new script with date
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
(gamester17 @ feb. 20 2004,12:41 Wrote:i thought you told darkie not to put your scripts in the cvs yet? to send in "update" just upload complete new script with date
it was about the scripts l linked in this topic only for tests.
so i'll upload my new scripts with a readme included.
hi darkie!

would it be possible to include a version number in the future releases? as you added more (nice) features in the latest versions but some scripts don't work anymore. and so with a version number we could alert people their python version is too old to run the script.

thanks

alex
should this work? or am i doing something wrong?
xbmc.player().play("[url]http://www.somesite.com/playlist.pls"[/url])
this does not seem to work for me either
xbmc.player().play("q:/scripts/playlist.pls")

or should i use
xmbc.playlist().play

thanks,
brian
never used a playlist but if you apply the same to an mp3 file it only works using \\ rather than /

xbmc.player().play("q:\\scripts\\playlist.pls")

as for playing a playlist on the web you have to download it first, look up some of the examples on how to do this or ask and i'll post one
xbmc.player().play("q:\\scripts\\playlist.pls")

does not work either. no error is generated, just does not play. the only thing i've gotten to work is playing the actual stream. also how should i handle playing a different stream. stop the first.

xbmc.player().stop() or something
and then play new stream

i'm having issues with subsequent play requests hanging.

thanks for the info.
when you play a new track, the one already playing will stop.

if you want to play the next track in a playlist you can use

xbmc.player().playnext()

edit: tried the code with playlists, it didn't cause an error but also didn't play the playlist. the python readme suggests you might have to create a playlist object which you can then play using the play() function but i've never tried it
just a quick reply, playlist support in python is written but i did not have the time yet to test / complete it. this is the first thing i'll do when i have some time left for xbmc

Quote:would it be possible to include a version number in the future releases? as you added more (nice) features in the latest versions but some scripts don't work anymore. and so with a version number we could alert people their python version is too old to run the script.
will do that.

i've been trying to close a script using sys.exit(), but it just seems to freeze xbmc. is this a known issue?

is there another way to stop a python script during execution?
(burriko @ feb. 26 2004,13:27 Wrote:i've been trying to close a script using sys.exit(), but it just seems to freeze xbmc.  is this a known issue?

is there another way to stop a python script during execution?
del <name of the class> should work
or close() if you are using the xbmc library
Quote:i've been trying to close a script using sys.exit(), but it just seems to freeze xbmc.  is this a known issue?
known issue and it is not a bug. sys.exit() just exits the process in which the script is currently running, and since xbmc and python are both running in the same process xbmc will freeze to.

and you don't have to exit scripts, it is all done automaticly. but it would be nice to clean up everything that is used in the script with del in the end

• 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Python Inside0