Keybind for resolution change
I have been Using XBMC for ~4 years now. I finally took the time to upgrade from my Xbox to a HTPC running Windows Vista64. I have a MCE IR remote dongle receiving signals from a Logitech Harmony 890 and it is Mostly working.

I have two minor issues I need help with.

1. My TV is a first generation 4:3 HD TV that tops out at 1080i. I found two resolutions that work for me to display wide-screen / full-screen content. I would like to easily toggle between the two of them without going into the system menu. I poked around and found this:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Lis..._Functions

The "Resolution" function says "Change XBMC's Resolution." Fantastic! That's exactly what I want to do. Bind a key to to 1920x1080 and a separate key to 720x480. How do I do this?

I already have a custom Keyboard.xml file for the suspend command and it works perfectly.

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <f12>Suspend</f12>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

What is the syntax needed for the "Resolution" function?

I looked at some other functions and hoped that the below would work, but it does not.

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <f1>Resolution(1920x1080)</f1>
      <f12>Suspend</f12>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

I also saw the "NextResolution" command in a sample Keyboard.xml is it possible to remove all the resolutions I don't want and just use this to next from one to the other?

2. I am having issues returning my device from Suspend. It works 60% of the time. In my Harmony setup I have:

Device: Media Center PC
Manufacturer: Microsoft
Model: MCE Keyboard

For the power on command (wake from sleep?) I am using "PowerToggle"

When I hit the Off button on my remote I am putting the PC to sleep by sending the F12 keystroke to call the "Suspend" function as set above. The system sleeps just fine but it has problems waking up.

I can force it to wake up by hooking up a USB keyboad and hitting any button so I know the PC is not locking up, its an issue with either the IR command or IR interface itself.

Any help on either of these issues would be amazing!

Thanks!
Looking at https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...iltins.cpp starting line 398, the valid arguments for the resolution function are:

pal
pal16x9
ntsc
ntsc16x9
720p
1080i

JR
I've tried to map a specific resolution like

<r>Resolution(1920p)<r>

but it won't work that way.

There's no more information on how to use this "Resolution" function. Any help please?
I found this old topic, but still no solution.

I want to toggle FullHD / 4K.

(needed, because the TV does not allow 3D video at 4k resolution. So I have to switch between 4k (standard) and FullHD (3D))

Here is something written about custom_res, but I dont have any idea how to get it work
https://codedocs.xyz/xbmc/xbmc/_resoluti...c43b2cc828

I tried several alternative strings for 720p...but nothing works... ;-(

<keymap>
    <global>
        <keyboard>
            <U>Resolution("720p")</U>
        </keyboard>
    </global>
</keymap>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keybind for resolution change0