Logos, landscape, clearart, etc, not showing up
I recently did a reinstall of xbmclive on my HTPC hdd and I realized that none of the extra images such as logos, landscape, clearart, banner.jpg's, etc, are showing up now. The tv shows and their respective images are all located on an NAS shared over smb. Nothing has changed in the NAS since yesterday and the images all showed up fine then before I did my reinstall, however xbmc wasn't at the newest revision (but I was running a pre-eden build). I have successfully navigated using XBMC's file manager to several of the images in question and it can view them all perfectly. Officially supported artwork such as fanart, episode thumbs, and so on all show up. Is this a known problem, or is something screwed up on my end? This problem exists for me in all skins I've tried that support this type of artwork, including neon and night.

EDIT: I should mention I have also tried deleting textures.db, but it did not help.

Debug log: http://pastebin.com/jKN03SRA

What I did in the debug: I started XBMC (using skin "Neon"), auto video library update began, and I navigated to the TV section where I changed first to the landscape view mode. All the landscape images showed up empty. Then I changed to the fanart viewmode which uses logos. None of the logos appeared at all. I then navigated to an episode of "Bones" and began it and brought up video info, the clearart did not show up.
your share is read protected?
It uses a password, but xbmc has that username/password. I am able to watch tv shows from those folders just fine. As I mentioned in the post, I also succesfully navigated to a few of the logos and cleararts using xbmc's file manager and viewed them as pictures without problem, so it can certainly read the files. It's odd. I noticed after I posted this script that it's having the same problem with TvTunes theme.mp3 files. None of the themes are playing, and when I try running the script to scan for themes for a couple new shows, it doesn't recognize that I already have themes for most of my shows and tries to download it for all of them (and no, I did not select replace old themes)
timdog82001 Wrote:It uses a password, but xbmc has that username/password. I am able to watch tv shows from those folders just fine. As I mentioned in the post, I also succesfully navigated to a few of the logos and cleararts using xbmc's file manager and viewed them as pictures without problem, so it can certainly read the files. It's odd. I noticed after I posted this script that it's having the same problem with TvTunes theme.mp3 files. None of the themes are playing, and when I try running the script to scan for themes for a couple new shows, it doesn't recognize that I already have themes for most of my shows and tries to download it for all of them (and no, I did not select replace old themes)

have you activated protected share and enter your username and passwords in tvtunes options?

does it work after doing it?
Are you sure the files are there?

From your log:

Code:
17:51:47 T:2927618928 M:2853756928  NOTICE: ### Try authentification share
17:51:47 T:2927618928 M:2853756928  NOTICE: ### smb://admin:<removed>@192.168.1.177/video/TV/Bones/Bones - Season 1/
17:51:47 T:2927618928 M:2853756928  NOTICE: ###[color=Red] no theme found for[/color] smb://admin:<removed>@192.168.1.177/video/TV/Bones/Bones - Season 1/theme.mp3 or smb://admin:<removed>@192.168.1.177/video/TV/Bones/theme.mp3
-stoli-
Regarding TvTunes, yes I already activated protected share and entered my details (and so no, it doesn't work after entering it). And yes, I am certain that the theme file is there for "Bones," I just now navigated to the file using the xbmc filemanager and it played fine. I have themes in there for about 99 percent of the shows I have and all were working well before my reinstall.
same problem here, seems to be smb related.
If I add the shares in fstab and mount them, then it'll show landscape and logo just fine. But when shares are added with smb it's a nogo.
ynwa
I'm having a problem with smb too, my extra images (logo clearart and such) shows alright, but when I try to grab new ones from the logo downloader script, it fails when trying to save the file (also using neon btw). i know it is not permission related (because it was working before and I even tried to give full access to everyone (on windows) and I still get the same error.

might not be related to this thread tho, but it's worth a shot Wink
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

logo downloader is not pre-eden compatible.
ppic Wrote:logo downloader is not pre-eden compatible.

thanks PPIC,

that explains a lot Wink
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

I downloaded all images, logos etc manuelly and created a few myself.
They work when mounted via fstab, but not when shares are added via build-in smb.
I use a build compiled from git 18/5.

The script doesn't work no and I don't use it either, but the "problem" persists.
ynwa
Interesting about them working with fstab but not smb. I never sorted this issue out myself so am just living without logos and themes for the time being. But yeah, I also am using SMB.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Logos, landscape, clearart, etc, not showing up0