Trying to compile mplayer.dll
i have a question for any of the developers about compiling mplayer.dll i can't seem to get the mplayer_source_patch to compile correctly. i can compile mplayer correctly through mingw and it plays my movies fine. matroska,mad,ogg, and vorbis are in and working fine. then i put in all the files from the rar and do the make distclean and make. i figure it works at this point because it does winmain16 undefined reference. i create the mplayer.def from the dlltool in the makedll. when i run makedll, not all the symbols are defined from the mplayer.def and it gives me undefined references that seem to refer to <vorbis//codec.h> (which i are there) and an undefined reference to xboxopendvdrom();

can someone help me fix this or at least help me understand what i am doing wrong?

thanks
think the patch isnt up to date
i'll upload the entire .rar-ed patched mplayer source tonight
to cvs

frodo
XBMC Project Founder (Retired), now head programmer of MediaPortal
thanks frodo, that really helped....i'm working on getting timecode search to work with the remote...
nice,
please add a timeout to the timecode thing
so that when a user doesnt enter anything for > 2 seconds
it disappears
frodo
XBMC Project Founder (Retired), now head programmer of MediaPortal
i've got some ideas for implementing keyframe/speed-aware rewind handling in mplayer, but unfortunately can't get it to compile for xbox under mingw/msys.

i'm using the latest mplayer source package from cvs. after configure, at the end of make i get:

Quote:libvo/libvo.a(video_out.o)(.data+0x60):video_out.c: undefined reference to `video_out_gl2'
libmpdvdkit2/libmpdvdkit.a(device.o)(.text+0x4c3):device.c: undefined reference to `xboxopendvdrom'
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/mingw32/3.2.3/../../../libmingw32.a(main.o)(.text+0x97):main.c: undefined reference to `winmain@16'
make: *** [mplayer] error 1

is this normal for such xbox code? anyway, when i run makedll i get:

Quote:c:\mingw\bin\..\lib\gcc-lib\mingw32\3.2.3\..\..\..\..\mingw32\bin\ld.exe: cannot find -lmatroska

is it indeed necessary to first install an external matroska library? if so, which one should i get and how should i install it?

a mini-xbmc-mplayer-compilation guide would be immensely appreciated Smile

thanks for any help you can give,

ezd

(ps i didn't install libraries such as libogg etc as i don't need them for testing, and configure correctly disabled support for ogg so that shouldn't be a problem)
i'm also trying to compile mplayer.dll
i got following errors similar with ezd's
anyone can help me to remove errors, even though i can still make dll with this errors.

Quote:gcc: unrecognized option `-rdynamic'
vobsub.o(.text+0x8d4):vobsub.c: undefined reference to `pf_open'
vobsub.o(.text+0x1be8):vobsub.c: undefined reference to `pf_close'
vobsub.o(.text+0x2efc):vobsub.c: undefined reference to `pf_reserve'
vobsub.o(.text+0x2f7a):vobsub.c: undefined reference to `pf_open'
vobsub.o(.text+0x2f9d):vobsub.c: undefined reference to `pf_reserve'
vobsub.o(.text+0x2fb1):vobsub.c: undefined reference to `pf_write'
vobsub.o(.text+0x2fcd):vobsub.c: undefined reference to `pf_write'
vobsub.o(.text+0x300c):vobsub.c: undefined reference to `pf_write'
vobsub.o(.text+0x3077):vobsub.c: undefined reference to `pf_seek'
vobsub.o(.text+0x309f):vobsub.c: undefined reference to `pf_read'
vobsub.o(.text+0x30b7):vobsub.c: undefined reference to `pf_seek'
vobsub.o(.text+0x30c4):vobsub.c: undefined reference to `pf_open'
vobsub.o(.text+0x3181):vobsub.c: undefined reference to `pf_seek'
vobsub.o(.text+0x319b):vobsub.c: undefined reference to `pf_read'
vobsub.o(.text+0x31ea):vobsub.c: undefined reference to `pf_read'
vobsub.o(.text+0x2fdd):vobsub.c: undefined reference to `pf_close'
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/mingw32/3.2.3/../../../libmingw32.a(main.o)(.text+0x
97):main.c: undefined reference to `winmain@16'
make: *** [mplayer] error 1

i've notice that /docs/mplayersource.rar outdated since april.
would be good to make it match with mplayer.dll.

thanks in advance
iirc there is a extry branch for mplayer in the cvs that should be uptodate. Smile
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
i too searched long and hard a month ago and didn't find any definitive building instructions. so here is a howto. it properly builds today's cvs checkout. enjoy. jake

http://10k.org/jake/xbox/howto-build-xbm...yerdll.txt
great post, jake.

i've just added it to the online wiki, though haven't bothered formatting it nicely...

cheers,
jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

thanks for the encouragement, jonathan. i will put together some more documentation once i finished debugging those new codecs codes. jake

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trying to compile mplayer.dll0