Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Remote for Android
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Great app Smile

and I have a feature suggestion, nice would be a integration of tvheadend (like the iPhone app on the tvheadend homepage), so it is possible to view epg and setting timers to record a program (without a running xbmc) Smile
The remote is for XBMC not tvheadend. Maybe someone else will do this app for tvheadend, I don't see it fits into ours. Sorry.
..unless the PVR features make it into the trunk, which will be probably soon. Then we can talk again. Wink
freezy Wrote:..unless the PVR features make it into the trunk, which will be probably soon. Then we can talk again. Wink

Which is still no tvheadend remote which will work without a running XBMC Wink
First of all, thanks for a wonderful app!Big Grin
Everything works perfectly except for no. 3 in the list and the occasional force close with no appearent reason.
On with the questions/requests!:
[LIST=3]
[*]Is there any possibility to add a "Party mode"-button for the music? (maybe a big red button with the text "PARTY!!!" and a party hat on the buttonBig Grin)

[*]Maybe an option to adjust the screen brightness when the app is being used? Would save some battery after a long night partying Smile

[*]Is the resolution-problem for QVGA devices (Remote control mode) getting any attention? I would really appreciate if it did. This is how it looks on my HTC Tattoo:
Image Image
[/LIST]
Could you open an issue with your third point here?
I'm experiencing a bug that I've read on here about but I cannot resolve.

I'll start XBMC (windows) then start the android app (Hero) and everything is fine. Scroll thru my movies and music no probs, use as a remote no probs.

Then I'll start a movie/song playing and thats fine. When I stop the film (or song if I'm on the music section) and go back to either Movies or Music I just get the No movies found or No music found message.

It will find absolutely nothing until I restart the app.

Any ideas?
Official Tattoo support is coming. The "no media found" issue is known, it's an problem of the response format.
I have a feature suggestion. I was thinking that maybe when using the app in remote control mode that when you pick the phone up the screen automatically comes on. I don't know if this is possible but it would be really cool because it gets annoying having to press the power button on my droid every time I want to use the remote again. Cheers and thanks for all your hard work on this great app.
You mean you want the phone to check the motion sensors for motion and come back to life when you move it?
Im sorry for the noob question.....but,

is there a readme on the setup, or any help with setting up a host?

And yes, I do admit that I did not read the entire thread..Wink

Thanks,
http://code.google.com/p/android-xbmcrem...structions

There are still screens of the old XBMC skin, but you get the idea Wink
I knew I posted to soon.

Very easy setup, App works great.
Only suggestion is to add a volume control for those of use that use the volume control within xbmc.
Use the hardware volume buttons of your phone.
I have a problem: Could it be that the ShowMix 2.5 skin isn't fully supported? The remote & now playing works fine, but when I go to Movies it says 'No movies found.'. When I scroll to file mode in that view, it shows my move folders though.

I run XBMC PRE-10.5 r26540 on ubuntu (xbmclive)

Edit: it works when I restart the remote app (using a task killer, otherwise it's still started), strange!