[Apple TV] Shutdown / Standby
Hello,
resuming this old thread. Is there a way to have XBMC able to put ATV in sleep mode?

Thanks
il_ferra Wrote:Hello,
resuming this old thread. Is there a way to have XBMC able to put ATV in sleep mode?

Thanks

A few posts down has the final answer. This will never change.

"standby/sleep/suspend is not possible on the ATV. The power supply cannot be controlled."
davilla Wrote:A few posts down has the final answer. This will never change.

"standby/sleep/suspend is not possible on the ATV. The power supply cannot be controlled."

To be fair, I think the question was more whether XBMC can call the existing FrontRow "sleep" function, as if you'd picked it from the rightmost menu in the normal ATV interface. The best you can really do in XBMC is having it activate the black screensaver and disable the video hardware after a period of inactivity. That's not too different to what Standby does on the ATV menus anyway. It just stops outputting video and shuts off the video hardware - the rest of the machine is running at full throttle.

This doesn't change the fact that the actual power supply is lacking any hardware to control it. It runs a little cooler with the video off, but as Davilla says, there's no way to implement a "proper" sleep mode because the hardware simply isn't there.
So what does the shutdown option really do in XBMC and Nito TV?
I use both and after about 10 to 15 seconds my Drobo box turns off and the TV screen goes black and then I just flip the switch off on my APC power strip then fire it up next time I want to use it.
devastator Wrote:So what does the shutdown option really do in XBMC and Nito TV?
I use both and after about 10 to 15 seconds my Drobo box turns off and the TV screen goes black and then I just flip the switch off on my APC power strip then fire it up next time I want to use it.

ssh in, "sudo shutdown -h now"
davilla Wrote:ssh in, "sudo shutdown -h now"

Good so it is shutting down properly before I kill the power...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Apple TV] Shutdown / Standby0