XBMC crash while playing music if HDTV is off
(2014-03-27, 20:51)Clonimus74 Wrote: Please clarify one thing regarding the pin 19 thing. do i need to enable the pin 19 after every boot? or is it one time setup?

XBMC supports different profiles? I didn't know that. I use Yatse for Android, is that what you mean by remote? can the remote change the profiles? each one with different skin, did I understand you correctly?

If all else fails I think using winamp as external player will fix the issue and I'll be done with it.

I appreciate all your help, thank you
If your computer, AVR and TV can handle it (if you want to play with the TV off) - then is should be a one-time thing. Wouldn't suggest doing and undoing this at every boot or wake, that would be aweful. With setup: Computer -> AVR -> TV , then you want to do this with the cable from AVR to TV.

Yep - XBMC supports multple profiles - pretty nice way of having personal layouts, settings, even different audio/video databases etc - for either different users or different circumstances. Can also lock features under individual profiles. Tons of possibilites. Also a nice way of doing a "Kid-friendly" XBMC, if you don't want the kids fiddling with settings, adding contents without supervision, filtering out R-rated or other adult content... Have a read here: Profiles (wiki)

I'm not sure Yatse supports changing profiles, there is, AFAIK, no API for that at the moment. Yatse buffers your databases and reads from that buffer - so it won't automatically notice that you've changed databases (if you log on to a different profile, and that profile uses a different database). You can force a refresh though.

When refering to remote, was thinking more in the direction of a MCE remote or similar - that can easily be mapped perform keystrokes or advanced actions. If you can do this with Yatse is beyond my knowledge, haven't gotten around to dig into Yatse yet. These people, however - should know such things: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=117885
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
(2014-03-27, 23:53)pr0xZen Wrote: If your computer, AVR and TV can handle it (if you want to play with the TV off) - then is should be a one-time thing. Wouldn't suggest doing and undoing this at every boot or wake, that would be aweful. With setup: Computer -> AVR -> TV , then you want to do this with the cable from AVR to TV.

Yep - XBMC supports multple profiles - pretty nice way of having personal layouts, settings, even different audio/video databases etc - for either different users or different circumstances. Can also lock features under individual profiles. Tons of possibilites. Also a nice way of doing a "Kid-friendly" XBMC, if you don't want the kids fiddling with settings, adding contents without supervision, filtering out R-rated or other adult content... Have a read here: Profiles (wiki)

I'm not sure Yatse supports changing profiles, there is, AFAIK, no API for that at the moment. Yatse buffers your databases and reads from that buffer - so it won't automatically notice that you've changed databases (if you log on to a different profile, and that profile uses a different database). You can force a refresh though.

When refering to remote, was thinking more in the direction of a MCE remote or similar - that can easily be mapped perform keystrokes or advanced actions. If you can do this with Yatse is beyond my knowledge, haven't gotten around to dig into Yatse yet. These people, however - should know such things: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=117885

Wow, Thank you for your help, I truly appreciate it.
I will try this for sure. If I understand correctly you suggest the cable from AVR to TV to trick the AVR that in turn will "tell" the mini PC the TV is on, right?
Thanks a lot
Smile 
Thank you all for your help.

Everything works now, though I can't tell what exactly did the trick. I did a few changes:
1. Disabled power settings in windows to never enable the screen to go off.
2. Disabled the streamsilence option in advancedsettings.xml.
3. Disabled the "give exclusive mode application priority" option in the audio device properties in windows.
4. Disabled all GUI sounds in XBMC

Thanks again Wink
Depending on what the initial issue really was, any combination of these could have solved our issue. The most important thing is, that it worked out well Smile

Just for future record; Yes, the thought was that if wired PC -> AVR -> TV - and you do this with the HDMI cable that goes between AVR and TV.. then the AVR would not register wether the TV is on or off, thus the same wuld go for the PC... and just pass on the signal regardless.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC crash while playing music if HDTV is off0