Bug Fire TV Stick: upnp option not listed
In my quest to get access to my PVR (which has DLNA server functionality) I have successfully installed Kodi 19.4 on my Fire Tablet (by sideloading) and can add a new upnp share, which shows me my server.

On my Fire TV Stick I installed the same version (Android armv732bit iirc) via Downloader app. When I go to add a new source, the upnp option is missing entirely. I can try to manually configure "add network location" but everything upnp and the IP address, it can't see the server.

I found this older thread reporting the same problem in v18... Is it still an open issue, is there a workaround? https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=339904
A DLNA client is all I want Kodi for. I did have similar issues with VLC so wonder if it could be some sort of firewall issue or even a fundamental hardware issue: my device is 2nd gen, fireos 5.2.9.2.

Thanks
I wonder if the 2nd gen FireStick is just pretty old and should be retired. Wikipedia suggests it is limited to an older version of Android & FireOS. It works fine for basic stuff but I would happily replace it to get the ability to watch my recorded TV programs from my PVR.

Then the choice is Fire or Roku - is there any big preference from a Kodi perspective?
(2022-11-02, 14:15)MisterLawnBoy Wrote: Then the choice is Fire or Roku - is there any big preference from a Kodi perspective?

Considering that Kodi is not available on Roku devices I would say there is a very big difference, yes. Smile
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fire TV Stick: upnp option not listed0