Possible to have simultaneous SPDIF (pass-through) and HDMI output?
I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 (x64) with ALSA and it's running perfect through my SPDIF using pass-through. I'm also using HDMI for video-only (since my receiver is too old to support audio over HDMI).

Is it possible to simultaneously output the audio to SPDIF and HDMI so I can share my XBMC box?

Another snag is that I need the HDMI audio decoded since it's being passed straight-through to a couple of TVs that can't decode it.
I am pretty sure it is possible... but for some reason I can't find the post/thread that discusses it (found this post while looking for that other one).

My issue is slightly different. I have a Revo 1600. I am using a Turtle Beach USB TOSLINK adapter for my DTS/Digital audio. I haven't been able to figure out how to get audio (digital) through the USB AND downmixed or digital audio out of the HDMI as well. I have an old receiver that doesn't have HDMI (only optical) and my TV wont decode digital. I need audio from both outputs because I have several wireless speakers throughout the house that get stereo audio via the TV output (I know, sounds a little wierd... but didn't have any other options with my old receiver)

I saw a thread a while back that detailed modifying your ALSA config to add a "XBMC" device that was setup to use both outputs... can't seem to find it now.

Anyone available to help out? I can manually switch between audio outputs in settings (works fine both ways), but I can't get both....
Found that other thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...mi+optical

Will see if I can post my question in that thread... seems like it has most of the details regarding configs....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Possible to have simultaneous SPDIF (pass-through) and HDMI output?0