XBMC vs. Powerdvd for Blu-ray playback
Are you using AnyDVD-HD for the menus?
(2012-10-19, 19:05)thewhiteknight Wrote: Is there any work being done for XBMC to use BD-J menus with Blu-ray's?
Short answer is no as there's no open source library available to provide the support.

There is work being done by VLC to support BD-J menus, as their work is also open source and XBMC shares some of the same libraries as VLC if they were able to do something then there's a chance it could be incorporated into XBMC.

(2012-10-20, 12:18)alfredo Wrote: Are you using AnyDVD-HD for the menus?
I'm using AnyDVD HD, however I still don't get any menu's when opening the movies in XBMC, as I understood XBMC doesn't provide any menu's, and the only way to get them is to edit the playercorefactory file and use a program like PowerDVD 12. Is that information incorrect?
(2012-10-20, 12:41)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2012-10-19, 19:05)thewhiteknight Wrote: Is there any work being done for XBMC to use BD-J menus with Blu-ray's?
Short answer is no as there's no open source library available to provide the support.

There is work being done by VLC to support BD-J menus, as their work is also open source and XBMC shares some of the same libraries as VLC if they were able to do something then there's a chance it could be incorporated into XBMC.
Thanks for the answer jjd-uk, at least someone is working on it, and if there is any way possible it can be merged into XBMC I'm sure one of the brilliant developers will figure it out. Very reassuring!
(2012-10-20, 18:11)thewhiteknight Wrote: I'm using AnyDVD HD, however I still don't get any menu's when opening the movies in XBMC, as I understood XBMC doesn't provide any menu's, and the only way to get them is to edit the playercorefactory file and use a program like PowerDVD 12. Is that information incorrect?
+1......the only way to enjoy BD original menu, extras, scenes, chapters, etc is by using external player (TMT5/PDVD12).....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-10-20, 12:41)jjd-uk Wrote:

From what a vlc developer said work to support the BD-J menus is coming along, but its a slow process, this comment was made a month or two back. SO I am not sure of the time frame, da-anda said on the first page they are waiting on them to finish their research on it. So I think its mainly a waiting game on vlc to see what they come up with.

I can also confirm the hdmv bluray menus are working fine right now, in the latest nightly. I do need to test skipping forward and fast forward, and rewind, and skip back, xbmc couldnt properly do that with some seamless branch titles.

Side question I dont mean to hijack but whats the status of vc-1 1080i bluray? I tried BBC planet earth and it was working, but seemed to be sluggish...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC vs. Powerdvd for Blu-ray playback0