Nightly July 02 guisettings.xml settings not saved
Jester, it's not our patch and I have no idea whether it actually works or not. All of my attempts to compile the xbmc build depends on OSX have failed so I've been unable to patch/test.

As I can't produce a proper bug report either as xbmc doesn't produce ANY errors for this issue I'm not certain how to create a trac ticket. Subsequently, I believe there is already a ticket outstanding HERE but it seems to be more focused on Linux/X11 builds and I'm not certain if it will fix the problem on iOS and Windows.
@manxam,

Thanks for the trac ticket, as you can see, I've updated it to point the dev's to the patch...
Thanks Jester. Can you edit or post a followup on the trac? This is platform independent and has the same issue on Windows and OSX as well as the mentioned Linux and IOS/ATV.

Cheers!
Any news on this issue? I have been seeing on other threads that the issue is gone for other platforms.
Its gone for other platforms? Not that i know of. Link me please.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-07-20, 11:00)Memphiz Wrote: Its gone for other platforms? Not that i know of. Link me please.

I checked win32, still an issue, the "fix" they mention in one of the threads is related to a video driver setting, NOT xbmc

As there seems to be a patch for this (see the trac ticket update http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13114 ) somebody ping Fernetmenta and ask him to create a PR on github, or upstream it to XBMC from openelec
again patch here: http://pastebin.com/bgdyMQVd if any of the dev's want to copy and paste Wink
Sorry I dont have a link. Thought I had seen it over at the openelec forums and was playing with a new build on my raspberry pi where it had been fixed.

Does anyone have a build with the path from http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=...ter_branch ?

I would compile on my own but I guess it cant be done without a Mac and xcode.
(2012-07-21, 19:46)Steini Wrote: Sorry I dont have a link. Thought I had seen it over at the openelec forums and was playing with a new build on my raspberry pi where it had been fixed.

Does anyone have a build with the path from http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=...ter_branch ?

I would compile on my own but I guess it cant be done without a Mac and xcode.

it's fixed over at openelec as that's where the patch came from....duh!
this patch need to be merged into xbmc master on github and that needs to be done by one of the dev's (pref. fernatmenta as the original creator) until that one, relax, grab a drink and wait for it to be fixed Smile
Glad I found this thread, this issue has been nagging me a lot. Have tried everything like repairing permissions, restoring my ATV2 and set everything up again. Wish I had went to the forums first Smile
I also have this same issue with the video calibration. I keep setting it the way I like and then after a while I have to re set it all over again.

When will this be fixed in the nightly builds?

Also in the mean time how do you install the patch?

Thanks
When someone goes into the forest and gets this banana straight...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
This issue actually made me realise I can fix it in TV. No need to adjust in XBMC.

On my Samsung, the setting was 'Just Scan' , instead of setting to 16:9 .

I suggest others go looking at their TV settings, you may find you don't need to adjust overscan at all!

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
(2012-07-25, 11:38)Cranial Wrote: This issue actually made me realise I can fix it in TV. No need to adjust in XBMC.

I suggest others go looking at their TV settings, you may find you don't need to adjust overscan at all!

I do not have "Just Scan" mode or anything like it on my Pioneer 5070 Plasma.

Some of my smaller LCD TV's have "Just Scan" mode and I always use it on them.

But my 50" Pioneer Plasma does not have this great feature Sad

The Pioneer is a great TV but I hate the fact that there is no "Just Scan" Mode!

So I hope this will be fixed in XBMC pretty soon.
(2012-07-25, 15:07)gate1975mlm Wrote:
(2012-07-25, 11:38)Cranial Wrote: This issue actually made me realise I can fix it in TV. No need to adjust in XBMC.

I do not have "Just Scan" mode or anything like it on my Pioneer 5070 Plasma.

Some of my smaller LCD TV's have "Just Scan" mode and I always use it on them.

But my 50" Pioneer Plasma does not have this great feature Sad

The Pioneer is a great TV but I hate the fact that there is no "Just Scan" Mode!

So I hope this will be fixed in XBMC pretty soon.

That sucks.

But, have a look on page 69 of your manual, "Adjustments and Settings" -> "Selecting a screen size manually"

There's a few options there that might work. Every manufacturer calls the same things by different names. On yours there's even a "dot by dot" setting in PC mode, so something might work for you.

Maybe.....

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
I have a old LG plasma (lg42pc1rr) which does not have that setting. I have even looked in the hidden system menu. Its just a minor irritation but still excited when the patch will be intergrated.

However this is making me crazy: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=136610

I always tell myselfe "when a stable xbmc comes out you stop being on the bleeding edge, never again!" but then something new and exciting comes in the nightlies. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nightly July 02 guisettings.xml settings not saved0