Replacement for my Asus Radeon HD 6450 for a bit of gaming?
(2012-12-04, 01:15)Dougie Fresh Wrote:
(2012-12-04, 00:11)T800 Wrote: I've ordered a low profile 7750. I will report back after installation.

Which one did you get? I am very interested to hear about the LP 7750.

This one:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/VTX3D-Radeon-Gra...9986691-21

I was going to order the Sapphire one but after reading one of the reviews on amazon this one seemed slightly better.
It has a full size HDMI port instead of mini HDMI and apparently it's a little bit quieter.
(2012-12-04, 09:30)T800 Wrote: This one:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/VTX3D-Radeon-Gra...9986691-21

I was going to order the Sapphire one but after reading one of the reviews on amazon this one seemed slightly better.
It has a full size HDMI port instead of mini HDMI and apparently it's a little bit quieter.
I never heard of the brand in your link, but the spec seem to be the same as Sapphire....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I've had a little play with the 7750 and so far so good. Idle or playing a movie it's very quiet. Hard to tell if I can hear the case fans, the PSU or the 7750.

I've only tried Far Cry 3. On the old 6450 I had to have it on 720p and all low settings with some turned off. It used to slow down when a lot was happening.

On the 7750 I can have it on 1080p with low settings or 720p and high settings. If I mute the receiver during heavy gameplay I can hear the fan on the card. As soon as the game lightens I can't hear it again.

So far I can say I'm quite happy with it. I will report back when I have more to add.
(2012-12-07, 11:48)T800 Wrote: On the 7750 I can have it on 1080p with low settings or 720p and high settings. If I mute the receiver during heavy gameplay I can hear the fan on the card. As soon as the game lightens I can't hear it again.

So far I can say I'm quite happy with it. I will report back when I have more to add.
I'm glad that you are happy with your new HD7750. You'll enjoy it....Nod

Hmmm,

I installed 8GB of RAM before so I could try a RAM Disk. When I selected 'System Info' in XBMC to check it's telling me the 7750 is 5770!!
When I go into Device Manager it also says it's 5770!!

Can anyone tell me whats going on?

I fitted the new card when I got it. Download the latest CCC and installed. That's it.
(2012-12-07, 19:24)T800 Wrote: Hmmm,

I installed 8GB of RAM before so I could try a RAM Disk. When I selected 'System Info' in XBMC to check it's telling me the 7750 is 5770!!
When I go into Device Manager it also says it's 5770!!

Can anyone tell me whats going on?

I fitted the new card when I got it. Download the latest CCC and installed. That's it.
Maybe it is due to crossbreed....HD5770 have a slight performance edge over HD7750 according to "Radeon HD 5770 vs Radeon HD 7750".....have you update the latest driver from here- AMD Driver Autodetect?

I've tried uninstalling all AMD drivers and CCC plus used Driver Sweeper. Removed the card and re-installed it and it will only show as a 5770.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Replacement for my Asus Radeon HD 6450 for a bit of gaming?0