what remote are you using with your NVIDIA shield set top box?
(2015-10-29, 14:45)Dangelus Wrote: I'm using a Amazon Fire Stick remote. Connects flawlessly, just added one of the Fire TV custom keyboard profiles so the back button stops media.

And this works on the NVIDIA Shield?
Yuck, can't stand the amazon remotes. The layout isn't too bad for a minimal remote, but I can't stand the double-triple-quadruple clicks it seems to do randomly when I am skipping through commercials.
Flirc remote and logitech k400 wireless keyboard.
(2015-10-28, 20:22)wardio666 Wrote: All,

thanks for all the infor so far....
KARNIS....does that app work from an iphone?

TINWARBLE....excellent chart...i presume the windows /pc portion will work with MAC?

FANNI have you tried cards larger than 32?

Apologies i'm using a 64gb card in it
(2015-10-29, 16:30)fanni Wrote:

TINWARBLE....excellent chart...i presume the windows /pc portion will work with MAC?

FANNI have you tried cards larger than 32?

Apologies i'm using a 64gb card in it

Bitchen! thanks Fanni

Not being a an iphone kinda guy, I would say doubtful. Check the istore or whatever they call it. I wouldn't think they have too many android apps. Wink

iRule is an excellent remote control app for iOS (and Android), I use it on my Nexus 7 tablet to control my home theater.
(2015-10-29, 15:14)wardio666 Wrote:
(2015-10-29, 14:45)Dangelus Wrote: I'm using a Amazon Fire Stick remote. Connects flawlessly, just added one of the Fire TV custom keyboard profiles so the back button stops media.

And this works on the NVIDIA Shield?

Yep, that was the question. Smile
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
(2015-10-29, 15:42)Spellman Wrote: Yuck, can't stand the amazon remotes. The layout isn't too bad for a minimal remote, but I can't stand the double-triple-quadruple clicks it seems to do randomly when I am skipping through commercials.

I've never had a problem. It's a good thing we have a choice though isn't it?
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
I am using this, with FLIRC:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/18188997043...ps&lpid=82
Hate to out myself.....but I have a 70" vizio with the same remote. Using the FLIRC to integrate the Shield and the TV would be pretty sweet.
man im glad i asked. thanks guys!/gals!

(2015-10-29, 21:01)ozkhan1 Wrote: I am using this, with FLIRC:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/18188997043...ps&lpid=82
(2015-10-29, 20:18)Dangelus Wrote:
(2015-10-29, 15:42)Spellman Wrote: Yuck, can't stand the amazon remotes. The layout isn't too bad for a minimal remote, but I can't stand the double-triple-quadruple clicks it seems to do randomly when I am skipping through commercials.

I've never had a problem. It's a good thing we have a choice though isn't it?

I've got a 2014 aftv and a stick, both had remotes that double pressed right out of the box, so I just kinda figured they were all like that. I do like how simple they are to use, I just wish they had a few more buttons for my purpose. For my bedroom tv it works fine though. It is cool to know they work.
(2015-11-02, 15:09)dsm52 Wrote: hi guys,

Looking for the best Kodi & general Shield TV remote that costs around £10-20.

Just wanted to ask if anyone has tried using Xbox 360 media remote (the slim black one) with the Shield? This would be great if it worked, as it also controls the basic TV functions too.

I currently use an old Ortek MCE remote which works well with Kodi (along with it's USB IR receiver) but the back button doesn't seem to map to the Shield back button.

thanks

Just to add to the my above post from the other thread that the Ortek MCE R6 remote's "Clear" button works as the SATV "Back" button. It's not ideal, but ok.

I'd be very interested to hear if anyone managed to get the the Xbox 360 media remote (the slim black one) working nicely with Kodi & SATV.
Well now that I've finally had the shield for a bit and tried testing stuff, I can tell you that the Microsoft MCE RC6 Remote does not work. I even tried using the MS IR receiver but no luck. I don't believe the Ortek remote is a true RC6 compliant remote, some of those off brands merely send keyboard commands, which is probably why it does work. With that in mind, I doubt the xbox 360 remotes will work. I'm sure you could get them up and running with a flirc, but I don't have one at this time for testing. I have a number of things on my christmas list to get something up and running, and am refraining from buying now because my wife would shoot me as I need small items for my list. For now I am using a combo of the controller, logitech k400 keyboard, and...a firetv stick remote. I plan on getting both the inteset 4 in 1 and a flirc for other testing with my current remote.
I'm trying to use the included shield gamepad, but am noticing that the analog triggers and left analog stick aren't registering in Kodi as the usual FastForward/Rewind and analog seeking that I'm used to with the Xbox 360 pad on Windows. The right analog stick does work however for volume, and the left analog stick does work for menu navigation. Is this a problem specific to the Shield gamepad, or is it a problem with Android gamepads in general?

Apologies if this was covered elsewhere; I just migrated from Windows and am trying to get everything set up, but couldn't find any info about dead analog controls when I searched. Also, I just wanted to say that this port of Kodi is amazing. Refresh rate switching to 24p works as expected, and Hi10p @ 1080 plays back flawlessly-- better even than my old C2D E8400.
flirc and a Harmony 900.

flirc with a Kodi profile allows me to map any button on the remote for extra things easily. i have the dvr buttons set to do things like subtitles on/off, etc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
what remote are you using with your NVIDIA shield set top box?0