what remote are you using with your NVIDIA shield set top box?
i'm picking up one of these bad boys soon. I don't want to use the controller for a remote. Does anyone out there have a good suggestion with what they are using. I am reading that Harmony's are good. just wondering if there are other choices. Also,.....not sure if i can spring the extra hondo for the 500gb.....anyone having storage issue withe the base unit?
I use the Android TV remote control app on my phone, it's free & works like a champ.
I'm using the harmony touch which works very well the only thing not working on it at the moment is the x button so not able to get the context menu up but there are a few workarounds using an it receiver

I didn't go with the pro version and storage is not really a problem as you can just plug use 3.0 hard drives into it I've just stuck a 32gb micro sd card into it for games and emulators as all of my films and bits are stored on a micro server
Harmony 650. X button still missing but not a big problem for me
Harmony Smart Control Hub.

Requires a 2 device Activity setup (Shield and a Windows PC), but gives you the most control using this chart.

NOTE: The button for "SKIPFORWARD" should actually read "FF/SB (long press)".
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Anyone found a way to programe any Key in the Harmony remote/hub for the shield while the movie is playing :

Next Audio track
Nex Subtitle
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

(2015-10-28, 09:04)couto27 Wrote: Anyone found a way to programe any Key in the Harmony remote/hub for the shield while the movie is playing :

Next Audio track
Nex Subtitle

http://addons.kodi.tv/show/script.keymap/

If you're using the Harmony Hub, if you go by the chart above any of the commands marked as "Anything" can be used for anything you want.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2015-10-28, 09:35)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2015-10-28, 09:04)couto27 Wrote: Anyone found a way to programe any Key in the Harmony remote/hub for the shield while the movie is playing :

Next Audio track
Nex Subtitle

http://addons.kodi.tv/show/script.keymap/

If you're using the Harmony Hub, if you go by the chart above any of the commands marked as "Anything" can be used for anything you want.

I can't make it to work (tried Keymap editor -Global settings)

The buttons available on the remote are the Record or DVR none of them work
If i assigned any other Key will mess with some functions..
Example if i assigned the Guide button for Next subtitles or Next audio the OK button doesn't work any more..

Gone try to add a PC to the activity and use IR.
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

All,

thanks for all the infor so far....
KARNIS....does that app work from an iphone?

TINWARBLE....excellent chart...i presume the windows /pc portion will work with MAC?

FANNI have you tried cards larger than 32?
I am keeping a watchful eye on this thread as I am planning on getting a shield for my birthday in a couple weeks. I don't want the nvidia remote as it looks next to worthless, yet expensive. I currently am using a MCE r6 remote (the one with the programmable power and volume buttons) with my htpc and have always loved it. I plan to try to see if I can get it up and running with the shield, anyone had much experience with it yet? I'm also contemplating putting this: Inteset 4-in-1 If I can't get the rc6 to play nice I may give this a try and put it on my xmas list. I've never owned a harmony remote before, but they always seemed like they had too many buttons/expensive. I only have a TV which I only need to turn on and off, receiver, and the soon to be mine nvidia shield. I don't have any cable boxes, blu ray or dvd players that I need to control.
(2015-10-28, 12:35)couto27 Wrote: I can't make it to work (tried Keymap editor -Global settings)

Example if i assigned the Guide button for Next subtitles or Next audio the OK button doesn't work any more..

You can't use "Global" settings for everything. That will make that button work the same way no matter what screen you're on.

If you want something to work only when you play a video, then you need to edit the commands in "Fullscreen Video".

Again, "Global" settings is so that button will work the same throughout Kodi and if you want the button to only work a certain way for a certain feature, then you need to set the command specifically for that.
(2015-10-28, 21:41)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2015-10-28, 12:35)couto27 Wrote: I can't make it to work (tried Keymap editor -Global settings)

You can't use "Global" settings for everything. That will make that button work the same way no matter what screen you're on.

If you want something to work only when you play a video, then you need to edit the commands in "Fullscreen Video".

Again, "Global" settings is so that button will work the same throughout Kodi and if you want the button to only work a certain way for a certain feature, then you need to set the command specifically for that.

It works...well now the OK is also subtitle when playing the video Big Grin
Thanks...

update : So i added in the Harmony remote
channel up Next Subtitles
channel down Next audio stream

Brilliant...works but i lose chapter change up/down

I think the best option is to use the Keys <<<< and >>>> on the top of the remote for next subtitles and next audio, they don't interfere with nothing else..

The navigation Keys remain has they are.

Just keep in mind that (and referring to the chart) anything under the "Keymap" column that starts with "6" already has a predefined function in Kodi. You may be able to use it for something else, but it may also cause unwanted actions. It has nothing to do with the button, it has to do with the command and there's nothing you can do about that because the SATV will only recognize a certain number of commands.

Also, and I thought I'd already fixed this but apparently not Sad , the button shown for "Skipforward" should be "FF/SF (long press)" not "RR/SB (long press), which is the >>, >>| button.
I'm using a Amazon Fire Stick remote. Connects flawlessly, just added one of the Fire TV custom keyboard profiles so the back button stops media.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
what remote are you using with your NVIDIA shield set top box?0