IPad
(2016-01-18, 20:16)DanTheMan827 Wrote: What is the need to send a PM?

Just ask your question in this thread
Sometimes it's a little easier do you don't flood a thread that's why
Continuing the topic of the thread wouldn't be flooding it... In fact, you made the thread...

If the question is on another topic just make a new thread or find an existing one...

You've also posted 9 times, 6 of which were you trying to get PMs to work...
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
Please don't ask for support by pm, this is a public forum for a very good reason.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
OK I think the point was made don't need 100 people saying the same
(2016-01-18, 20:50)DanTheMan827 Wrote: Continuing the topic of the thread wouldn't be flooding it... In fact, you made the thread...

If the question is on another topic just make a new thread or find an existing one...

So Dan if I want to use Xcode do I need the phone or can I build kodi than transfer it after?
yeah - the device is the key... you can't spread a presigned binary for a device which is not physically attached to xcode...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2016-01-19, 08:07)Memphiz Wrote: yeah - the device is the key... you can't spread a presigned binary for a device which is not physically attached to xcode...
Thanks so the will work on 9.2 etc....
Oh, I'm sorry... I just realized that instead of replying I actually edited your post MobGod...

Sorry bought that Blush

Sorry for any confusion

Here's the bit I added accidentally (I took it off now)

Quote:You can build Kodi from source at any time

If Xcode doesn't know about your phone though you won't be able to sign the application to transfer it to the device

The key thing is that your device is registered with Xcode so that you have the provisioning profile to sign the application with
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
(2016-01-19, 02:12)MobGod Wrote:
(2016-01-18, 20:50)DanTheMan827 Wrote: Continuing the topic of the thread wouldn't be flooding it... In fact, you made the thread...

So Dan if I want to use Xcode do I need the phone or can I build kodi than transfer it after?
Just trying to get this right so can I get the iPad from my brother and register it with Xcode than give him the iPad back, if so can you give me a good link for the how to
(2016-01-18, 20:46)MobGod Wrote:
(2016-01-18, 20:16)DanTheMan827 Wrote: What is the need to send a PM?

Just ask your question in this thread
Sometimes it's a little easier do you don't flood a thread that's why
(2016-01-19, 14:30)MobGod Wrote: Just trying to get this right so can I get the iPad from my brother and register it with Xcode than give him the iPad back, if so can you give me a good link for the how to

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=245978

As soon as you get past step six the iPad will be registered with Xcode

At that point you can sign any new version (step 7) of Kodi and just send him the IPA file that my program generates

You can add multiple devices to the same provisioning profile as well, that way you don't need multiple profiles for each device and you can use the same IPA file for all of them

You could also use a site like diawi.com and that would send him a download link to install it

But regardless of if you send him the IPA or upload to diawi it needs to be signed using the provisioning profile that Xcode generates (which is tied to the device)

And yes, as long as Kodi is compatible this method should work for any iOS version
(2016-01-19, 14:41)DanTheMan827 Wrote:
(2016-01-19, 14:30)MobGod Wrote: Just trying to get this right so can I get the iPad from my brother and register it with Xcode than give him the iPad back, if so can you give me a good link for the how to

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=245978

As soon as you get past step six the iPad will be registered with Xcode

At that point you can sign any new version (step 7) of Kodi and just send him the IPA file that my program generates

You can add multiple devices to the same provisioning profile as well, that way you don't need multiple profiles for each device and you can use the same IPA file for all of them

You could also use a site like diawi.com and that would send him a download link to install it

But regardless of if you send him the IPA or upload to diawi it needs to be signed using the provisioning profile that Xcode generates (which is tied to the device)

And yes, as long as Kodi is compatible this method should work for any iOS version
Dan I think I got it working but how do I check the error logs in kodi? Telling me I need to check the log file

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IPad0