• 2(current)
CBC Sports "Stream Not Available" Error
(2020-08-17, 19:02)barney63 Wrote: MetalChris

Just wondering if you will still be working on this great addon.  I often share the news about it and think it is a very popular and useful addon

Sorry for the delayed response. Unfortunately, I no longer have access to the content on the CBC Sports website and can no longer maintain it. I've marked it as broken on my add-on webpage and it will be marked as broken in the next update to my repo. It was fun while it lasted, and I'm happy others enjoyed it, but I guess all good things do come to an end...
Kodi Nexus (20.2) on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix (19.3) on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: LG Channels | Xumo Play | DistroTV | Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
(2020-08-18, 00:24)MetalChris Wrote: Sorry for the delayed response. Unfortunately, I no longer have access to the content on the CBC Sports website and can no longer maintain it. I've marked it as broken on my add-on webpage and it will be marked as broken in the next update to my repo. It was fun while it lasted, and I'm happy others enjoyed it, but I guess all good things do come to an end...
Thanks for clarifying and all your work on it.  Sorry, if I misinterpreted, is it just you who can't get access or everybody.

Would it be available for someone else to continue maintaining it.
(2020-08-18, 00:54)barney63 Wrote:
(2020-08-18, 00:24)MetalChris Wrote: Sorry for the delayed response. Unfortunately, I no longer have access to the content on the CBC Sports website and can no longer maintain it. I've marked it as broken on my add-on webpage and it will be marked as broken in the next update to my repo. It was fun while it lasted, and I'm happy others enjoyed it, but I guess all good things do come to an end...
Thanks for clarifying and all your work on it.  Sorry, if I misinterpreted, is it just you who can't get access or everybody.

Would it be available for someone else to continue maintaining it.

If someone with a Canadian ISP wants to fork the add-on and bring it back to life and continue maintaining it, I'm all for it.
Kodi Nexus (20.2) on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix (19.3) on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: LG Channels | Xumo Play | DistroTV | Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
(2020-08-18, 02:18)MetalChris Wrote: If someone with a Canadian ISP wants to fork the add-on and bring it back to life and continue maintaining it, I'm all for it.
Thanks for your generosity with this.  I only wish I knew what to do to fix it.  Hopefully someone can carry on what you have started because it is too good a resource and addon to fade away and not be continued.
(2020-03-09, 17:26)kodaksmith Wrote:
(2020-03-09, 00:07)barney63 Wrote: Is this something that can be made to work in Kodi?
My guess is that it could be made to work.  If you have interest then you might try digging into the source code starting with the addon.py file to see if you can get it to work.  this on
This addon seems to install ok on Leia 18.9 and seems to output the events to the screen ok, but when you click on one it wants to go but then dies.  Not sure what to look for in the addon.py.  Desperate for help on this one, too good a free resource to give up on when there are so many pay/subscription addons.

CBC Sports Addon
(2021-02-21, 20:32)barney63 Wrote:
(2020-03-09, 17:26)kodaksmith Wrote:
(2020-03-09, 00:07)barney63 Wrote: Is this something that can be made to work in Kodi?
My guess is that it could be made to work.  If you have interest then you might try digging into the source code starting with the addon.py file to see if you can get it to work.  this on
This addon seems to install ok on Leia 18.9 and seems to output the events to the screen ok, but when you click on one it wants to go but then dies.  Not sure what to look for in the addon.py.  Desperate for help on this one, too good a free resource to give up on when there are so many pay/subscription addons.

CBC Sports Addon
I too would like to see this addon working again preferably on Matrix
(2021-02-21, 22:40)rocko Wrote:
(2021-02-21, 20:32)barney63 Wrote: This addon seems to install ok on Leia 18.9 and seems to output the events to the screen ok, but when you click on one it wants to go but then dies.  Not sure what to look for in the addon.py.  Desperate for help on this one, too good a free resource to give up on when there are so many pay/subscription addons.

CBC Sports Addon
I too would like to see this addon working again preferably on Matrix
I realize MetalChris no longer maintains it but it seems close to working (not that I know anything).  Would just appreciate it if someone who did know something could have a look.  I have a test machine I use with Matrix but some of my favourite addons aren't compatible with Matrix (or maybe ever will be) and it may take some time before some other still useful addons are.

I am hoping to create addons someday and take care of things like this myself but presently I  have no idea where to begin, but that's a story for another day
(2021-02-21, 23:00)barney63 Wrote: I realize MetalChris no longer maintains it but it seems close to working (not that I know anything).  Would just appreciate it if someone who did know something could have a look.

I've managed to make it work on Leia. From the error log, it looked like the base URL for video streams changed at some point.

Steps to fix:
  1. Open addon.py
  2. Line 122: remove "mp4base +" from the line
    Code:
    stream = mp4base + stream
  3. Save
  4. Restart Kodi

The only part that doesn't seem to work for me are the Live Events, but they're all post-dated at the moment so I think that's just a case of the stream not being available yet.
Thanks for your efforts, much appreciated.

Should the line 122 now read
stream = stream

I've asked before and I don't think there was an answer so I'll ask again Smile

How difficult is it to convert an addon to Python 3.  I would like to know how simple or complex or time consuming it is.  I think for me to really appreciate what the developers do it would be good to know.
(2021-07-23, 01:56)barney63 Wrote: Thanks for your efforts, much appreciated.

Should the line 122 now read
stream = stream

I've asked before and I don't think there was an answer so I'll ask again Smile

How difficult is it to convert an addon to Python 3.  I would like to know how simple or complex or time consuming it is.  I think for me to really appreciate what the developers do it would be good to know.

Correct, line 122 should now read "stream = stream".

Can't answer your question about converting an addon to Python 3. I'm not a developer at all, just a dabbler.
(2021-07-23, 02:23)Shoehorn Wrote: Can't answer your question about converting an addon to Python 3. I'm not a developer at all, just a dabbler.

I understand but I wish someone would answer
(2021-07-23, 04:03)barney63 Wrote:
(2021-07-23, 02:23)Shoehorn Wrote: Can't answer your question about converting an addon to Python 3. I'm not a developer at all, just a dabbler.

Here's the general steps I use to convert an addon to Matrix / Python 3:

1.  Run the Python 2to3 script against all .py files
2.  Update any Kodi 18 deprecated calls and changes (including logging)
3.  Update the addon settings file to the new format using the conversion script
4.  Update the addon.xml file for the Python 3 dependency

Items 1 & 2 are generally the most difficult, especially removing the UTF-8 stuff often found in Python 2.x.  Where is a link to the latest version of the addon ?   If it isn't too complex I might be willing to assist.  I don't have a lot of spare  time right now so complexity will be the determining factor.

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
(2021-09-21, 01:58)jbinkley60 Wrote:
(2021-07-23, 04:03)barney63 Wrote:

Here's the general steps I use to convert an addon to Matrix / Python 3:

1.  Run the Python 2to3 script against all .py files
2.  Update any Kodi 18 deprecated calls and changes (including logging)
3.  Update the addon settings file to the new format using the conversion script
4.  Update the addon.xml file for the Python 3 dependency

Items 1 & 2 are generally the most difficult, especially removing the UTF-8 stuff often found in Python 2.x.  Where is a link to the latest version of the addon ?   If it isn't too complex I might be willing to assist.  I don't have a lot of spare  time right now so complexity will be the determining factor.

Jeff
I also miss this addon.

The latest version I see is is 0.0.3 under his addons , click on addons in Metalchris signature. I couldn't open his repo.
(2021-09-21, 01:58)jbinkley60 Wrote: Here's the general steps I use to convert an addon to Matrix / Python 3:
Thanks for the headstart, reading the instructions, it's a little above my pay grade at this time. Hopefully someone can pick it up and get it working because it's starting to add some good content to what is already pretty good (see Request thread)
I pulled down the addon and the latest version is 0.0.2, even thought he says 0.0.3 on his webpage.  I took a quick look at it and it is not very complicated.  I'll take a run at step 1 sometime in the next few days.  I am in the US so I'll try to get it working on Matrix with no Kodi errors but someone in Canada will need to test and provide logs on failures of usage / functionality..

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CBC Sports "Stream Not Available" Error0