• 2(current)
Coming soon to Alaska Revisited

Thumbs Up 
Excellent work, Hitcher, my fav XBMC skin by far. Nod

Quick question: how do I remove the red "play" icon that appears on the posters?
I'm pretty sure I saw the option somewhere but can't find it now that I need it. Huh

Edit: I found it, under Settings > Alaska > General. Big Grin

I quite like the idea behind the icon though, I just find it a bit too intrusive. Eek
I would personally prefer (and use) it if it was 3/4 of its actual size and placed on the bottom left of the poster. Nod
Ok, I'm a convert... ...almost. I've installed "Alaska Revisited" and "Alaska Revisited Mod" (don't know the difference) and the only thing I can't do, is figure out how to use the different "Colour Themes"... Did I read correctly, that they're not in there as yet? Or, possibly, someone hasn't updated/created them for the new 'Revisited/Mod' packages? Secondly, can we still use our own "HomeIcons" in the same way as we're used to? Thanks, in advance!
You rock!
Those last screen shots are beautiful.

One more question. I found a bit strange that the watched icon is on top on the selected item and on the bottom on the non selected one. Is it a bit odd?

When I hit next, does the icon dispare from the top and repares on the bottom?

Thx again.
Discaciate Wrote:...I found a bit strange that the watched icon is on top on the selected item and on the bottom on the non selected one. Is it a bit odd?...
I think it's so the icon doesn't overlap the title. Nod
I think I read it in the original "[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited" thread.
I use "Banner" for tv shows and "Episode" for episodes but there is isen't any good options for seasons that use the same behaviour or design and I would love to se that as one of the new viewtypes.
DurhamDev Wrote:Ok, I'm a convert... ...almost. I've installed "Alaska Revisited" and "Alaska Revisited Mod" (don't know the difference) and the only thing I can't do, is figure out how to use the different "Colour Themes"... Did I read correctly, that they're not in there as yet? Or, possibly, someone hasn't updated/created them for the new 'Revisited/Mod' packages? Secondly, can we still use our own "HomeIcons" in the same way as we're used to? Thanks, in advance!
Mod uses unicode fonts for foreign use.

No themes yet but someone is working on one.

Yes, skin.alaska.revisited/extras/homeicons

Discaciate Wrote:You rock!
Those last screen shots are beautiful.

One more question. I found a bit strange that the watched icon is on top on the selected item and on the bottom on the non selected one. Is it a bit odd?

When I hit next, does the icon dispare from the top and repares on the bottom?

Thx again.
Here's the reason -

BobbyOne Wrote:I use "Banner" for tv shows and "Episode" for episodes but there is isen't any good options for seasons that use the same behaviour or design and I would love to se that as one of the new viewtypes.
When in season view XBMC ignores any season folders you might be using so using images stored in them is impossible.
Hitcher Wrote:When in season view XBMC ignores any season folders you might be using so using images stored in them is impossible.

I don't think I made myself clear enough, I want another viewtype to complement episodes and banner that use vertical scrolling and a picture for the selected season. I made a quick paint mock up to illustrate what I mean.

I see now. Maybe you'll like using Info List -

Question 
How about moving the "watched" icon under the title for the out-of-focus banners/posters...? Wink

...or have the text at the bottom in all three images
Well I've been meaning to change the code for the Watched status for awhile now to make it more efficient and now seemed like a good time.

By the way, the next update will be a little longer than I originally stated because I'm changing a lot more than I'd anticipated - it's a big update. Wink
Thumbs Up 
I think that's much better, Hitcher, nice one. Wink

A big update?! Cool. Cool
When can we expect this to be released? Smile And will it be available as a new Alaska version or as an update of the existing one?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Coming soon to Alaska Revisited0