• 24(current)
Canadian Broadcasting Corp (CBC.ca) Video Addon
Thanks for all the info on this...I'm a newbie... does that mean CBC has to be played on a laptop and no longer through Kodi? Is this a stupid question? ;p
(2016-07-14, 04:07)downtowndawn Wrote: Thanks for all the info on this...I'm a newbie... does that mean CBC has to be played on a laptop and no longer through Kodi? Is this a stupid question? ;p

Until someone is able to modify this addon, or create another one, that can use the watch.cbc.ca site, I'm afraid that is correct. I would do it if I had the ability, but my current skills only extend to some rudimentary analysis and modification of existing code.
I'll be in Canada in the next few weeks and I'll see what can be done to fix this add-on.
(2016-07-14, 15:31)learningit Wrote: I'll be in Canada in the next few weeks and I'll see what can be done to fix this add-on.

Thanks! Once the framework is in place, it should continue to function for a long while without maintenance.
Again, thanks for the info.... wish i knew more about this stuff... coding wise.
learningit - you caved in! :-) Very nice of you to revisit it regardless though. Thanks!
(2016-07-14, 15:31)learningit Wrote: I'll be in Canada in the next few weeks and I'll see what can be done to fix this add-on.

Thanks for your efforts in fixing this. I do hope you succeeded. I use(d) this addon all the time.
(2016-07-15, 15:39)RavRob Wrote:

Thanks for your efforts in fixing this. I do hope you succeeded. I use(d) this addon all the time.

+1
Hello: I am really new to this kodi software and have been enjoying it emmensly, but all of a sudden a site I used to get doesn't appear to be working but when I asked for help in one of the forum it appears I was banned. This is my first time at this site and was only looking for a reason why I can't watch the show on the site I like a lot. I hope everyone knows I am not being sarcastic or spiteful, I just want to know why I couldn't watch my shows.
Thank You and I hope for help.
Saffos613
(2016-08-05, 00:16)Saffos613 Wrote: Hello: I am really new to this kodi software and have been enjoying it emmensly, but all of a sudden a site I used to get doesn't appear to be working but when I asked for help in one of the forum it appears I was banned. This is my first time at this site and was only looking for a reason why I can't watch the show on the site I like a lot. I hope everyone knows I am not being sarcastic or spiteful, I just want to know why I couldn't watch my shows.
Thank You and I hope for help.
Saffos613

I'm not sure why you are here in the CBC thread. Your previous post was trashed because it referred to a banned add-on. A non-exhaustive list of banned addons is here: banned addons (wiki)

If you ask about banned add-ons in this forum you can expect that it will be trashed because the forum has a strict no piracy stance. The add-on you previously referred to is one of the worst piracy offenders and is illegal in many countries, including the one you are resident in.
Any way to get this app to work with the olympic coverage?
I was hoping to use this to watch the olympics too. Any headway on this @learningit? Anybody know if the olympics would even be viewable through this addon if it were working?
CBC new site is using m3u8 version 4 where audio and video is sperate like youtube DASH. We need to use the inputestream to play but i am not sure. Is anyone able to find any other format that might be compatible beyond being in Kodi nightly. Also , Latest Kodi nightly Inputstream is broken. I think unless Kodi Team focus on implementing version 4 , we have to wait.

Any other ideas??
Sad 
(2016-08-10, 21:05)alibaba011 Wrote: CBC new site is using m3u8 version 4 where audio and video is sperate like youtube DASH. We need to use the inputestream to play but i am not sure. Is anyone able to find any other format that might be compatible beyond being in Kodi nightly. Also , Latest Kodi nightly Inputstream is broken. I think unless Kodi Team focus on implementing version 4 , we have to wait.

Any other ideas??

Oh boy! It sounds like this is not just a matter of changing the CBC add-on. Hopefully @learningit can work with the Kodi team to resolve this. The CBC add-on was my favourite and most-used add-on Sad
I have this partially working with an earlier version of inputstream.mpd
There is a fair bit of work still to do, needs to wait until next time I'm in Canada.
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Canadian Broadcasting Corp (CBC.ca) Video Addon4