[split] New WETEK Box
I'm also interested to know if the device will support dvb-c
(2016-02-27, 11:51)Sando Wrote: Interesting! Would it somehow be possible to use this with a CI card for dvb-c?

I doubt it will have a CI interface to accept a CAM (Conax, Videoguard, Irdeto etc. decryption module). However it may well be possible to use a card reader with a legitimate viewing card (that would usually plug into a CAM in a CI slot) and a software implemented CAM. However I think discussions of this will be very tricky, as such implementations are often also used for service theft.
(2016-02-28, 09:38)alextav Wrote: I'm also interested to know if the device will support dvb-c

Many DVB-T2 USB solutions also include DVB-C support, so it may well be there. It is useful in some countries that have FTA cable (though in many areas FTA channels on DVB-T/T2 are encrypted on DVB-C)
Hi noggin,

Yes, our tuner is hybrid one with support for DVB-C/T/T2 in one tuner.
Hello. What about dvb-s2 tuner? Will be dual or single ? Maybe we can know some specification for it ?
Regards
(2016-02-28, 14:06)droidelec Wrote: Hi noggin,

Yes, our tuner is hybrid one with support for DVB-C/T/T2 in one tuner.

Great news, can't wait Smile
(2016-02-28, 11:25)noggin Wrote:
(2016-02-28, 09:38)alextav Wrote: I'm also interested to know if the device will support dvb-c

Many DVB-T2 USB solutions also include DVB-C support, so it may well be there. It is useful in some countries that have FTA cable (though in many areas FTA channels on DVB-T/T2 are encrypted on DVB-C)

That's a shame. Atleast for me, a tuner without the possibility to watch subscription channels is worthless. I basically only watch free channels once or twice a year, for like world cups or olympics...
(2016-02-28, 18:58)Sando Wrote:
(2016-02-28, 11:25)noggin Wrote:

That's a shame. Atleast for me, a tuner without the possibility to watch subscription channels is worthless. I basically only watch free channels once or twice a year, for like world cups or olympics...

On the other hand in the UK we only have free channels on DVB-T/T2 essentially these days - so for us no need for a CAM (and DVB-C is locked down so can't be used without an official box). Here some pay-TV channels are switching to free on DVB-T/T2 because the audience increase for advertising is worth more than subscription, as they can increase their audiences hugely by going free.
(2016-02-26, 03:30)wrxtasy Wrote: I'm only speculating here, but with WeTek being a OpenELEC sponsor it would be a very strong possibility that any future products coming out of their workshop would run Android / OpenELEC in virtually the same way as existing WeTek products do.
ie. a user friendly Dual Boot setup. Wink

The v3.14 AML Linux Kernel in the S905 has also changed the the Hooks required to signal Refresh Mode changes and as such the current amcodec decoder in Kodi needs modding or as WeTek are in the process of doing, re-written entirely.

Frame Rate Automation aka HDMI Self adaptation also has different hooks to activate various modes by the looks of it.

so at the moment kodi 16 not support Auto-switch fps for S905/S905x? and 23,976fps?
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
It will decode 10-bit, but will it also output 10-bit, or will it only output 8-bit?
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
(2016-03-02, 11:55)looun Wrote: so at the moment kodi 16 not support Auto-switch fps for S905/S905x? and 23,976fps?
I believe it does... just started testing Minix U1 and it switches from UI at 1080p/60 to movie at 23.976 and back. This is via XBMC for Minix. Haven't tested other framerates yet.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Unless care is taken by the AML developers, standard, out of the box S905's, using the common AMLogic supplied Android Lollipop 5.1.1 SDK and Firmware will have a bunch of things broken for Kodi compatibility:

1) Kodi refresh switching will not work at all, unless the Firmware is modded and fixed. (Sound familiar ?)
2) Either the Kernel needs to be modded or a custom version of Kodi has to be supplied, due to the fact that the AML v3.14 Kernel changed the display mode ID's required for 23.976fps or 60fps 1080p video output as an example, compared to the older S8xx display mode ID's.
3) If amcodec is left enabled for hardware decoding and you try and play 23.976fps @ 1080p without using a modded Fork (version) of XBMC/Kodi, you will be left with a black screen due to Kodi signalling an older unsupported Display Mode.
4) If you then disable amcodec to prevent this happening and just use mediacodec(stagefright) in Android Lollipop, video will playback correctly, provided Firmware is modded from Point 1)
However try and watch mpeg2, Interlaced content such as Broadcast TV and hardware decoding of mpeg2 with mediacodec fails and you are left with ff-mpeg2 software decoding and poor, Inferior Software deinterlacing.
5) mpeg4, and mpeg2 VOB files from old DVD movie Rips will not playback correctly, unless Kodi is patched.

Regular Kodi versions using the old AML mode ID's will not work properly with amcodec. This includes Kodi Krypton.
Basically the amcodec decoder is broken for S905's when using regular Kodi Android. You use mediacodec decoder.
Its a major PITA switching amcodec ON/OFF if you want to view mpeg2 TV Broadcasts and then 23.976fps movies however.

Also if you were contemplating a S905 for DVB-C 4K HEVC viewing you need at least a Revision C board due to the video problems with S905 Hardware decoding detailed in these posts HERE

Basically you need to do your homework thoroughly if you want a box to work OK with new AMLogic S series SoC's and Kodi. A lot of these cheap AML Android boxes are rushed out the door with no care or support given by developers. However if its a dirt cheap S905 box, then some annoying limitations may be acceptable for some users, to gain 10-bit decoding (8-bit Kodi output) and HDMI 2.0.

The interesting test for hdmkv for the S905 U1, would be to attach a Keyboard and pull up the OSD Codec window to actually see what decoder is being used for various video test files. Also Skipping and seeking around during video playback with HD Audio passthrough enabled was giving U1 XBMC MINIX users problems, last time I checked MINIX's U1 sub-forum.

(2016-03-03, 04:42)wrxtasy Wrote: The interesting test for hdmkv for the S905 U1, would be to attach a Keyboard and pull up the OSD Codec window to actually see what decoder is being used for various video test files. Also Skipping and seeking around during video playback with HD Audio passthrough enabled was giving U1 XBMC MINIX users problems, last time I checked MINIX's U1 sub-forum.
I'm thinking I should disable all but 'amcodec' and do my tests, then when I find any playback issue, try with mediacodec also enabled. What do you think?
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Conversation taken over to the MINIX U1 thread where its more relevant...
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2267298

On S905 OpenELEC for our WeTek Play 2S everything is working fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] New WETEK Box1