Apple TV official new firmware 4.2.2 update released
TheRealHershey Wrote:Well, shit, of course season pass isn't working for 4.2.2, so back to 4.2.1...hopefully.

On 4.3 and used SeasonPass this morning, XBMC is up and running, a few problems with theme's and plugin's but all is fine, well nearly.
Interesting 16bit dolby digital working fine...however whenever i play mkv 1080p compressed files the xbmc crashes and I get to the main apple menu - avi h.264 files work fine. In the previous build mkv files worked fine! Anybody having similar problems?
vskatusa Wrote:Interesting 16bit dolby digital working fine...however whenever i play mkv 1080p compressed files the xbmc crashes and I get to the main apple menu - avi h.264 files work fine. In the previous build mkv files worked fine! Anybody having similar problems?

Experiencing the exact same thing here. I was wondering if it was my device or setup before I saw your post.
I decided to update one of my ATV2 units to 4.2.2. The newest Seas0nPass worked fine and I got nitoTV installed, but I can't get past these seatbelt unlock complaints:

Code:
carbon:/tmp root# dpkg -i latest_atv2.deb
Selecting previously deselected package org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2.
(Reading database ... 1423 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 (from latest_atv2.deb) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2:
org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 depends on org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock; however:
  Package org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock is not installed.
dpkg: error processing org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 (--install):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2

I tried manually installing the seatbeltunlock and got errors:

Code:
carbon:/tmp root# apt-get install org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree      
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

jason
hyerstay Wrote:I decided to update one of my ATV2 units to 4.2.2. The newest Seas0nPass worked fine and I got nitoTV installed, but I can't get past these seatbelt unlock complaints:

Code:
carbon:/tmp root# dpkg -i latest_atv2.deb
Selecting previously deselected package org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2.
(Reading database ... 1423 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 (from latest_atv2.deb) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2:
org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 depends on org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock; however:
  Package org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock is not installed.
dpkg: error processing org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 (--install):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2

I tried manually installing the seatbeltunlock and got errors:

Code:
carbon:/tmp root# apt-get install org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree      
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

jason

I had the same problem and just ran apt-get -f install and all worked out. Steps are as follows:

wget http://hadm.net/~keith/xbmc_atv2/latest_atv2.deb
dpkg -i latest_atv2.deb
apt-get install org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock
apt-get -f install

All seems to be working well with the audio, but I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing a loud pop sound from the audio when starting a file that is in Dolby.

Pop sound > Static nonetheless

Edited to clarify the steps I used.
TheRealHershey Wrote:Yeah, no kidding. Well, shit, of course season pass isn't working for 4.2.2, so back to 4.2.1...hopefully. I think my XBMC got screwed up during install when I installed it via ATV Flash beta 5...crashed every time I tried to play anything. Going without ATVFlash this time 'round.

EDIT: Looks like Apple has stopped signing all of the iOSes except for the latest, 4.2.2. I get errors with all of the versions in iTunes now and I'm too scared to try the latest...

EDIT 2: Okay, well, I don't know what I've done to my poor ATV2, but I have a feeling it had something to do with the ATV Flash Beta 4...

I get this with every single iOS version out there (when it booted and still now that I'm stuck at the apple boot logo), even with the lastest upgrade directly from Apple via iTunes. It got stuck on the apple boot logo when I restored/updated via ATV2. Sad

TinyUmbrella couldn't find any SHSH blobs ever. I think ATV Flash rendered the iOS versioning system useless or something along those lines. ;(

Have you edited the Hosts file on your computer at any stage? Perhaps while downgrading your ATV or an iPhone?

Mine had this issue until I changed my Hosts file to allow iTunes to actually contact Apple.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
I had this problem upgrading to 4.2.2 and finally got it resolved by changing options in tinyumbrella.
Cranial Wrote:Have you edited the Hosts file on your computer at any stage? Perhaps while downgrading your ATV or an iPhone?

Mine had this issue until I changed my Hosts file to allow iTunes to actually contact Apple.

I haven't, unless season pass changed them. The only time I changed them was for some adobe progs. Could it be the RSA key file...I think it's that file, or the one you have to remove when you try to ssh in and it says WARNING DNS Spoofing, ect.

I'm thinking about just taking it to the apple store and telling them that it locked up when I installed the new iOS yesterday...must be a bug! Haha.

I'll try it on my friend's mac tonight, or my lion partition now.
Cranial Wrote:Have you edited the Hosts file on your computer at any stage? Perhaps while downgrading your ATV or an iPhone?

Disable the check box in Tinyumbrella's Advance tab called:

Set Hosts To Cydia On Exit
Asgardsurfer Wrote:Disable the check box in Tinyumbrella's Advance tab called:

Set Hosts To Cydia On Exit

Thanks! I have a feeling that might be what caused it, except I was still getting that same message before I even installed TU...

Anyhow, I got it restored to 4.2.1 in iTunes on my Lion Partition. Big Grin
rexready Wrote:Get all your firmware versions at http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/
Put your device into DFU mode, press shift and click restore in itunes and select the old firmware. If you dont hold the shift key down then itunes will just load the latest firmware back onto your device.

That site's downloads for ATV are really screwed up; the files, names, and versions don't match up with anything. I installed what was supposed to be -and iTunes though was- the 4.2.1 version, but it was actually 4.1.1 after install on the ATV, which I haven't been able to get back down too...until now.

Just download the iOSes directly from Apple.com:

iOS 4.3 (ATVOS 4.2.1) 8F202

iOS 4.3 (ATVOS 4.2.2) 8F305
rexready Wrote:Get all your firmware versions at http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/

There's some confusion at felixbruns site (iOS versions being confused with Apple TV software versions). iClarified.com is a better choice (in my experience). It's nice to have the direct downloads from a previous post to get the current versions but iClarified will be updated to include future versions when they're released.

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=970
Renze Wrote:I had the same problem and just ran apt-get -f install and all worked out. Steps are as follows:

wget http://hadm.net/~keith/xbmc_atv2/latest_atv2.deb
dpkg -i latest_atv2.deb
apt-get -f install

All seems to be working well with the audio, but I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing a loud pop sound from the audio when starting a file that is in Dolby.

Pop sound > Static nonetheless

Edited to clarify the steps I used.

Thanks Renze, I just got an ATV2, so I moved it to firmware 4.2.2 as suggested by the same ATV2...

Then I did the typical error... Trying to use an official build with the ios 4.3 (or in this via FW 4.2.2)...

Therefore I followed your steps: I logged in to the ATV2 via terminal and applied your commands and now voila!, it shows MKVs and most of the apps.

THanks a lot man for your simple fix! (That I assume it's the typical way to install the "un-official" nightly fixes that I was looking for!

Thanks again
Luchazo

btw: this is my first post and it's already a positive one hahaha! good xmbc.org!
I installed as per instructions here.

Quote:wget http://hadm.net/~keith/xbmc_atv2/latest_atv2.deb
dpkg -i latest_atv2.deb
apt-get -f install

Is the above pull for nightly builds? It appears that I have installed the stable build for atv2?

Can i install the atv2 from ttp://hadm.net/~keith/xbmc_atv2/latest_atv2.deb on top of what I have installed? Or should I uninstall the earlier version of XBMC using nito tv and then install from ~keith?
I installed on a fresh & clean iOS 4.3.3, used seasonpass to jailbreak, sn0wbreeze gave me trouble, I was first stuck with an instable xbmc after installing it using nito tv.

When doing the install of XBMC and seatbelt something went wrong but the 'apt-get -f install' fixed it, a couple of dependencies were missing.

Also ISO playback is working like a charm on the nightly build !!

I didn't hear/notice the popping noise when starting playback as mentioned above

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV official new firmware 4.2.2 update released0