• 6(current)
FanArt for Movie Sets now Movie Set Collection Grouping support has been implemented?
Rygrath Wrote:XWMM isn't built in. It's another media manager tool, just web based.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=60643

I personally didn't like it when compared to Ember, but everyone's opinion is different. What works for some, doesn't for others etc etc.

You're correct. I meant that it could be installed from within XBMC itself.
I prefer Ember myself because of total control. Totally depends of your needs.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
... except they still don't allow you to set fanart for your sets Sad
Hyram Wrote:... except they still don't allow you to set fanart for your sets Sad

Fanart for sets can be done from within XBMC. Press "C" when your on a movie set and then you can chose set thumb and fanart.
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Fanart for sets can be done from within XBMC. Press "C" when your on a movie set and then you can chose set thumb and fanart.

Machine,

Do you have any idea how or as which filename (convention) these set thumbs should be saved?

I'm asking because I'm using Ember now to save all my media and it's content to a directory (a dir per movie). I have the 'nightmare on elmstreet' movies in my collection. I can easily make a set of the 7 movies. This is nicely stored in the .nfo file of the movies (created by ember). Like you said, than I can go into XBMC and add a set thumb. But this last piece of data is not stored to my movie directory, it is stored in the cache of XBMC. I don't like that Wink

Any way to solve it?

Thanks,
Grave
st graveyard Wrote:Machine,

Do you have any idea how or as which filename (convention) these set thumbs should be saved?

I'm asking because I'm using Ember now to save all my media and it's content to a directory (a dir per movie). I have the 'nightmare on elmstreet' movies in my collection. I can easily make a set of the 7 movies. This is nicely stored in the .nfo file of the movies (created by ember). Like you said, than I can go into XBMC and add a set thumb. But this last piece of data is not stored to my movie directory, it is stored in the cache of XBMC. I don't like that Wink

Any way to solve it?

Thanks,
Grave

At the moment no. Because there's no support for this in xbmc. I store my thumb/fanart for sets in a seperate "collections/<movie title>" folder and name them "Collection Nightmare on Elmstreet.jpg" and "Collection Nightmare on Elmstreet-fanart.jpg".
There's no standard for this (yet). Just organize them as you see fit.
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:At the moment no. Because there's no support for this in xbmc. I store my thumb/fanart for sets in a seperate "collections/<movie title>" folder and name them "Collection Nightmare on Elmstreet.jpg" and "Collection Nightmare on Elmstreet-fanart.jpg".
There's no standard for this (yet). Just organize them as you see fit.

Thanks for the info. I will follow your way of working ;-)
Is it possible to add a description to a set? Probably also not yet?
st graveyard Wrote:Thanks for the info. I will follow your way of working ;-)
Is it possible to add a description to a set? Probably also not yet?

hey,
possible now? it is really ugly to have the same Fanart on any Movie Set.
sebi4488 Wrote:hey,
possible now? it is really ugly to have the same Fanart on any Movie Set.

You tried movie sets addon? It's available on the passion repo.
Even XWMM (web interface) allows you to set fanart image for movie sets.
All the infos, plots and collections thumbs can be shown too. There are only 4 or 5 skins supporting this feature.
Thanks.
I have installed the MovieSet PlugIn. But there is an error in manager.py. Any Solution/Idea?

Which skins are supporting it?
I still think it would be best if this was integrated into XBMC itself.
(wishfull thinking Rolleyes)
Martijn Wrote:I still think it would be best if this was integrated into XBMC itself.
(wishfull thinking Rolleyes)

Yes, I think so too. But for the moment I need an other solution...
You're on dharma or nightly?
Cirrus extended v2 has support for collections in one view " movie sets fanart "
But only for nightly builds and the addon is required to show info.
Else as already mentioned you can set fanart with the webinterface addon if you only want a dIfferent fanart.
butchabay Wrote:You're on dharma or nightly?
I use Dharma 10.1

butchabay Wrote:Else as already mentioned you can set fanart with the webinterface addon if you only want a dIfferent fanart.
I cannot find, where I can Change the Fanart via Webinterface.
I have tried 4 or 5 WebinterfacePlugIns, but I never saw an option to change the Fanart from a MovieSet.
@butchabay: Maybe you can tell me, about which Interface you are talking ...
Dharma does not support Movieset Fanarts. Thre is a small bug in the code.

See: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116236

This seems to get changed in the future.

I made those changes in my "personal" dharma and calculating the hash for the fanart as shown in:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=94016

Works pefect.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FanArt for Movie Sets now Movie Set Collection Grouping support has been implemented?2