• 65(current)
Android Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV
(2016-12-25, 05:10)rbrown3 Wrote: But that is what I did. I wet to the file manager and pointed it to my network share. Is there another source I should know about?

Try this page, it explains it all.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sources
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
i tried everything on my XBR-65X850C
even when it was running android 5.x.x and now with the new android 6 update
kodi was never able to output/passthrough the audio correctly to my receiver. tried dts and dd sources. as many know, it will just be a bunch of static crap. changing the tv settings output 1 or output 2 didn't matter. and we shouldn't be using bandaids like switching it to PCM, only to have problems to have to do tricks to get audio normal again on other devices. that just should never be a solution. esp for many of us who paid a good amount of money for our TV.

i think the reason kodi can't output it properly is because it doesnt have the key setting to change the section "audio output device" it is stuck and greyed out to the default android or whatever it says. So even enabling passthrough, etc etc. we get crap. number of channels reall doesnt matter. leaving it at 2 is fine esp for multi channel audio as the receiver will should just be passing the audio for the receiver to work with.

I'm using the most current Kodi version available to this date that is from the google play store on android TV. so I didnt side load any betas or anything else. just whatever is available on the playstore as of this posting.

So the solution?

Get SPMC. this allows you to change audio output device. I use Android, Raw Passthrough, and with the obvious options enable audio passthrough dd, dts etc. everything works fine now. no need to be doing any tricks or bandaids.
That is not a solution. Don't suggest false information to others.
Install v17 and be done with it.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-12-28, 19:16)Martijn Wrote: That is not a solution. Don't suggest false information to others.

i dont see how thats false. it works as it should after that.

how can i install v17 from the google playstore on my android tv? i dont se it?
(2016-12-28, 19:16)Martijn Wrote: That is not a solution. Don't suggest false information to others.

Latest beta still suffers from same issue, pass through audio isn't working correctly. It does work in Jarvis based spmc
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
well, someone's advice above saying its false and how i should install v17, so i did.

there is a link to be a "beta" tester or somthing, you accept it and it will push the update via your android tv on playstore.

so i tried kodi v17, and NOPE, still does not work properly. even all the proper settings, passthrough on, etc etc. does not work.

while SPMC, works perfectly as i mentioned above. the KEY SETTING that allows it to work perfect is the ability to change "AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE" i selected IEC Passthrough and works fine for DTS, and DD streams, and no problem going back to a normal 2.0 PCM stream.

I also noticed on v17 kodi, it cant play my mkv 1080p files on my network physically attached via cat5e cable. maybe this is a beta issue? i forgot to check on the previous stable. but on the current SPMC, i can play my mkv files from my network thats on another computer/server smoothly. 1080P high bitrate, even tried the sony 4K sample file

EDIT, this is on XBR-65X850C with latest marshmallow update
Yesterday I installed v17 RC on my Sony KD-55X8509C running android tv 5.1.1.

I've tried different settings but I only get Dolby Surround and no dts. Only gives pcm to my receiver. I had no problems with this in v16.

- Sync playback to display is off
- Audio output device: android, audio track (greyed out)
- Number of channels: 5.1
- Output configuration: Optimized
- Allow passtrough: On
- Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver: On
- Dolby Digital Plus (AC3) capable receiver: On

Please help?
can you stop spamming every thread with this and instead use that time to actually read something here?
TV: Sony KDL55W755C running Android 5.1.1.
Kodi version: 16.1
SPMC version: 16.5-5
Connected via optical SPDIF to a Sony 5.1 AV amp

Hi I am struggling to successfully access a proper DD5.1 audio stream with any settings using either the Kodi or SPMC versions listed above, so wondered if I could get help on settings.

With pass-through enabled; 2.0 channels selected and all almost any combination of audio out device (only selectable on the SPMC version) my sony AV amp lights up to show it is receiving multichannel audio but there is a subtle problem with the stream which makes it hard to watch: the best way I can describe it is that although there is sound from all 5+1 channels and some stereo separation, it is as though the centre channel is being played equally through all the speakers leaving the voice track diffuse and unfocussed.

The same set-up relays perfect DD 5.1 from off air Freeview transmissions, SKY and Netflix/Amazon Prime Video.

What am I doing wrong?
Hi,

Been using kodi on my KD-55X8509C for a while now but have always had an issue where by the picture on playing some (maybe all) files is darker than it should be, almost like I have the contrast set too low.

I've searched loads but the only thing I can find is changing the colour range but I don't appear to have that option.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.
(2017-01-13, 00:10)maph3287 Wrote: Hi,

Been using kodi on my KD-55X8509C for a while now but have always had an issue where by the picture on playing some (maybe all) files is darker than it should be, almost like I have the contrast set too low.

I've searched loads but the only thing I can find is changing the colour range but I don't appear to have that option.

Did you check the picture settings on your tv? If you start an app like Kodi / Netflix the picture settings change to app. Maybe that's your problem?
(2017-01-13, 00:10)maph3287 Wrote: Hi,

I am not sure you can change the colour range in Kodi, but when palying a video if you press 'OK' on your remote you should (may depend on skin you are using) display a menu at the top of the screen. Use the left key to highlight what looks like an 'eye' and press OK, in drop down menu you can adjust the contrast and brightness, default is 50% in both cases; and if you wish in the same drop down Set as default for all media. This is for Kodi 16.1 which I am using, Kodi 17 may be different.
Hi guys,

I have my TV connected to my AV Receiver via ARC, and both Dolby Digital & DTS play fine on my receiver.

Whenever I play Dolby Digital Plus though, my receiver (which fully supports DD+) only outputs in stereo. Am I missing something here or is this not supported?

TV: KD-65XD930 (EU Model) running latest firmware 5.1 Lollipop set to AUTO 1
2 problems:

- ARC does not support DD+
- PCM hack used for Passthrough in Kodi Jarvis 16 does not support DD+ either
Hello, I have search the treads, wiki and google.. can't find the specific answer I am looking for...

I have a XBR-55X850C - I love it already. Been using the AmazonBox and sync it with Trakt.. I am used to the "select" key on the game controller so I can access the Trakt drop menu.. Allowing me to "Add to Collection" "Mark as Watched" etc..

I have downloaded the Key Editor as suggested earlier in the thread...but lost as to what I need to do now. Any suggestions are appreciated !
  • 65(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV8