• 66(current)
Android Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV
(2017-01-22, 02:14)Malcovis Wrote: Hello, I have search the treads, wiki and google.. can't find the specific answer I am looking for...

I have a XBR-55X850C - I love it already. Been using the AmazonBox and sync it with Trakt.. I am used to the "select" key on the game controller so I can access the Trakt drop menu.. Allowing me to "Add to Collection" "Mark as Watched" etc..

I have downloaded the Key Editor as suggested earlier in the thread...but lost as to what I need to do now. Any suggestions are appreciated !

i used global settings and edited the context menu to use the the blue button.

did you know you can long press the select button also to bring that menu up without any changes??
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
Had enough of this crap and just ordered a $40 chinese player. Lost any patience and trust in Sony's android tv.

Yeah it's my first post after over a year of following this thread. Probably last one.
(2017-01-24, 13:43)tgv604 Wrote: Had enough of this crap and just ordered a $40 chinese player. Lost any patience and trust in Sony's android tv.

Yeah it's my first post after over a year of following this thread. Probably last one.

What kind of problems do you have? I hope the chinese developers did not fuck up the API.....
In short, random issues with the sound -- static noise, silence or 2ch PCM instead of 7.1/5.1 surround.

And on top of it, a fundamental issue of not being able to send full audio stream through ARC.

It's goddamn 21st century, people go to space, split atoms, decipher genomes, and here I am sitting with two stupidly expensive Sony devices, terabytes of highest quality rips and can't play them in full glory.

Chinese developers can fuck up the API as much as they want, I'm going to flash the heck out of that pathetic android rubbish immediately!
(2017-01-26, 03:05)tgv604 Wrote: In short, random issues with the sound -- static noise, silence or 2ch PCM instead of 7.1/5.1 surround.

And on top of it, a fundamental issue of not being able to send full audio stream through ARC.

It's goddamn 21st century, people go to space, split atoms, decipher genomes, and here I am sitting with two stupidly expensive Sony devices, terabytes of highest quality rips and can't play them in full glory.

Chinese developers can fuck up the API as much as they want, I'm going to flash the heck out of that pathetic android rubbish immediately!

i just bought a 2016 Sony a few months back.. What were you expecting it to do? ARC doesnt support HD audio.. so how do you suppose Sony should figure it out? It doesnt matter what TV you bought, your needs cant be fulfilled by any of them currently..
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2017-01-26, 03:05)tgv604 Wrote: In short, random issues with the sound -- static noise, silence or 2ch PCM instead of 7.1/5.1 surround.
I hope you are not expecting a $40 Chinese AMLogic Android player to give you 7.1 Surround. You will not get 5.1 DTS sound out of it either.

However LibreELEC Kodi on a AML S905 will give you what you want with some elbow grease and DIY. Wink

As dukester said, you will not get 7.1 HD Audio using ARC. There simply is not enough Bandwidth available when using a HDMI ARC connection. No HD Audio with SPDIF/Optical either for the same reason.

Some self reading...

HDMI ARC IS THE COOLEST TV FEATURE YOU’RE NOT USING (HERE’S HOW)

Yes I understand all of the above and got a bucketload of elbow grease ready. LibreELEC it is.
(2016-12-28, 19:12)redturbo Wrote: i tried everything on my XBR-65X850C
even when it was running android 5.x.x and now with the new android 6 update
kodi was never able to output/passthrough the audio correctly to my receiver. tried dts and dd sources. as many know, it will just be a bunch of static crap. changing the tv settings output 1 or output 2 didn't matter. and we shouldn't be using bandaids like switching it to PCM, only to have problems to have to do tricks to get audio normal again on other devices. that just should never be a solution. esp for many of us who paid a good amount of money for our TV.

i think the reason kodi can't output it properly is because it doesnt have the key setting to change the section "audio output device" it is stuck and greyed out to the default android or whatever it says. So even enabling passthrough, etc etc. we get crap. number of channels reall doesnt matter. leaving it at 2 is fine esp for multi channel audio as the receiver will should just be passing the audio for the receiver to work with.

I'm using the most current Kodi version available to this date that is from the google play store on android TV. so I didnt side load any betas or anything else. just whatever is available on the playstore as of this posting.

So the solution?

Get SPMC. this allows you to change audio output device. I use Android, Raw Passthrough, and with the obvious options enable audio passthrough dd, dts etc. everything works fine now. no need to be doing any tricks or bandaids.
I don't get SPMC to work on my XD8505. What audio and video settings are you using? Is it working if you just connect with HDMI between receiver and TV?
For me SPMC crashes whenever I put Live TV on. The build I use now is TFMC, no pass through works there with my TV, but at least there is no problems with HW acceleration on Live TV as with Kodi.

Sent from my Nokia 3110i
It's not good news: Android update bricks Sony Bravia smart TVs
Sony is probably the worst Android TV integrator. Even some cheap Chinese boxes are better...
I heard that Philips is the worst. Smile The Chinese boxes running just plain Android, not real Android TV, except Xiaomi Mi Box International.
I go crazy on this, is it any way to force the TV to always use the external AVR for audio? It's always the Internal speaker when TV turns on. This makes the audio passthrough very difficult.

Sent from my Nokia 3110i
Someone had tried the Krypton Kodi 17.0?
Yes I have Do-IT-Yourself, but I am still on a RC version because I only got 2.0 PCM sound to my receiver, with the "edited" version from team kodi I now have dolby surround. So far it works fine for me...
(2017-02-08, 18:36)Supernovasx Wrote: Yes I have Do-IT-Yourself, but I am still on a RC version because I only got 2.0 PCM sound to my receiver, with the "edited" version from team kodi I now have dolby surround. So far it works fine for me...

Where do you get a copy of the "edited" version from team kodi?
  • 66(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV8