• 7(current)
Release [Mod] Expanded Movie Wall and Logo View - Nox 5
(2015-02-05, 18:42)djkilla Wrote: Got a quick question. I installed your Complete Aeon Nox 5 (Helix) Skin on an Amazon Fire TV. When I select 'Movie Information' then select a cast actor/actress and select down on the remote, I don't get additional information panels like filmography, etc.. I've got ExtendedInfo Script installed and text scrolling on. Is there something missing to get the extra panels?

I've heard the phython libraries are temporarily broken in version 14. They are supposed to be fixed in version 14.1. I should restate that the Android libraries are broken. I think Windows, Mac and Linux are fine. But that's not certain.
(2015-02-05, 21:10)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-02-05, 18:42)djkilla Wrote: Got a quick question. I installed your Complete Aeon Nox 5 (Helix) Skin on an Amazon Fire TV. When I select 'Movie Information' then select a cast actor/actress and select down on the remote, I don't get additional information panels like filmography, etc.. I've got ExtendedInfo Script installed and text scrolling on. Is there something missing to get the extra panels?

I've heard the phython libraries are temporarily broken in version 14. They are supposed to be fixed in version 14.1. I should restate that the Android libraries are broken. I think Windows, Mac and Linux are fine. But that's not certain.

You are correct it is the PIL library and it did not make the cut for 14.1 you would need to install a 15 nightly.
Thanks for the quick reply! At least I now know it wasn't me doing something wrong. Any word on when the next version of Kodi will be out with the fix? Also, how stable is the nightly build?
(2015-02-06, 00:43)djkilla Wrote: Thanks for the quick reply! At least I now know it wasn't me doing something wrong. Any word on when the next version of Kodi will be out with the fix? Also, how stable is the nightly build?

I have no idea how stable the nightly build would be. Likely stable because version 14 has been released and 14.1 is already available. But your problem with PIL libraries could be unstable. I don't think that can be predicted. Otherwise, the nightly build would be released as an official release.
Thanks for your work on this Warner, love the way it brings info to my logo view in movies. Is there a way to bring movie set info into logo view? I already have it all set up and bringing info in under movie sets, but when "grouping movies into sets" it doesn't import that info. So when scrolling through the movies, whenever you come across a movie set, it's all blank except for just logo.

Standard movie info

Movie grouped into set

Just shows info from Skin Info Service

If it's too much work, by all means ignore this post. But if you thinks it's doable, it would be great to add it.
(2015-02-20, 01:12)gardnerd4me Wrote: Thanks for your work on this Warner, love the way it brings info to my logo view in movies. Is there a way to bring movie set info into logo view? I already have it all set up and bringing info in under movie sets, but when "grouping movies into sets" it doesn't import that info. So when scrolling through the movies, whenever you come across a movie set, it's all blank except for just logo.

Standard movie info

Movie grouped into set

Just shows info from Skin Info Service

If it's too much work, by all means ignore this post. But if you thinks it's doable, it would be great to add it.

Yes, that is possible, but I'm not sure what the like information would be. There is no slogan, studio or number of votes. You might only see the Runtime, Release Year and IMDb rating. That is a lot of blank space and might look silly.

If that's okay, it probably wouldn't be too difficult. I think you simply need to change the visibility condition for each element on the screen. But it might be a separate List.Item for collections. I would have to look in Tri-Panel. If I noticed it the first time, I would have at least tried it.

Edit: I looked again and noticed Tri-Panel is a movie set-specific view. I don't know if that information transfers into the movie library views. There would have to be a specific visibility condition for that. I think the condition is Container.Content(sets). That might only hold true if the List.Item is viewed in the sets node not the video or movie libraries.
Yeah, I was wondering how and what the information should be too. It's not like you can set it up to average it. The set info seems to be taking the year from most recent (seems like it should be first year released) and adding the runtime together. So maybe splitting the release year and runtime on either side of the tagline would work and just dumping the imdb rating altogether. As far as studio and certification, probably just the first movie it comes across would be enough. I don't think anything can be done about tagline unless tmdb starts adding tagline to movie sets.

It's just an idea anyway, I spent time making custom logos for a lot of the collections so I like to show them off, but it's not a big problem to just NOT group them in sets.

edit: Ok, just read your edit. That makes sense if it's not able to be added.
I updated all downloads to include information for collections in library views when set to Logo. You don't need Skin Info Service for this information to appear.

I don't have any set logos, but the end result is below. The tagline and MPAA flags are the only empty fields. It might be possible to get an MPAA rating; I didn't think of it, but it will have to wait.

Tri-Panel view had to be replaced in the complete skin upload mentioned above. I broke it.
(2015-02-20, 04:53)Warner306 Wrote: I updated all downloads to include information for collections in library views when set to Logo. You don't need Skin Info Service for this information to appear.

I don't have any set logos, but the end result is below. The tagline and MPAA flags are the only empty fields. It might be possible to get an MPAA rating; I didn't think of it, but it will have to wait.

Nice, It looks much better to me. I don't think there's any way around the tagline section being blank, but i'm ok with it. Thanks for jumping on it so quick. Cool

Hi Warner, great work on the small icons wall view. Only thing is, now that I've replaced the stock files with your ones, the PVR is somewhat broken.
The background furniture has disapeared and is now incredibly difficult to read. Any idea how to fix this please?
(2015-02-21, 12:12)filthycatbox Wrote: Hi Warner, great work on the small icons wall view. Only thing is, now that I've replaced the stock files with your ones, the PVR is somewhat broken.
The background furniture has disapeared and is now incredibly difficult to read. Any idea how to fix this please?

No, I don't know what's wrong. What download are you using? If you are using the default download, the only file that could have caused your problem is MyVideoNav. Replacing that file with the original would be needed to test. I didn't deliberately alter anything that could impact PVR use.

Are you using the Live TV mod? That could also be a factor. If you are using the complete skin folder, it could be harder to trace down the culprit. Includes_BackgroundBuilding might be the problem?

I need a picture and more information about what files you are using to fix your problem. A list of mods you use would also be helpful. As stated in the instructions, you must be using the most recent GIT version of the skin. I tend to keep up with the larger skin changes.
So I was looking around at mikesilvo's mod and noticed he has movie set info showing in logo view.

And I thought, if it can be done, that's a great idea for the tagline area. So I made a mockup to show what I envisioned.

I'll try to see if I can make heads or tails of the views he uses, but this looks like a winner to me.
(2015-02-22, 14:05)gardnerd4me Wrote: So I was looking around at mikesilvo's mod and noticed he has movie set info showing in logo view.

And I thought, if it can be done, that's a great idea for the tagline area. So I made a mockup to show what I envisioned.

I'll try to see if I can make heads or tails of the views he uses, but this looks like a winner to me.

You can't use that code the way you posted it. The list of movies scroll one on top of the other. That's why he moved the logos up.
(2015-02-21, 20:14)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-02-21, 12:12)filthycatbox Wrote: Hi Warner, great work on the small icons wall view. Only thing is, now that I've replaced the stock files with your ones, the PVR is somewhat broken.

No, I don't know what's wrong. What download are you using? If you are using the default download, the only file that could have caused your problem is MyVideoNav. Replacing that file with the original would be needed to test. I didn't deliberately alter anything that could impact PVR use.

Are you using the Live TV mod? That could also be a factor. If you are using the complete skin folder, it could be harder to trace down the culprit. Includes_BackgroundBuilding might be the problem?

I need a picture and more information about what files you are using to fix your problem. A list of mods you use would also be helpful. As stated in the instructions, you must be using the most recent GIT version of the skin. I tend to keep up with the larger skin changes.
Yes, I am indeed using that. Thanks buddy, I'd forgotten that I'd installed that Big Grin
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mod] Expanded Movie Wall and Logo View - Nox 57