• 591(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2015-03-01, 19:01)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2015-03-01, 09:31)hasamba Wrote:
(2015-02-28, 10:56)Lunatixz Wrote: plugin and configuration?

about the chtype 15, the plugin is banned from this thread, but i think that any plugin that have translation will not work...
about chtype 17, here is config for example that doesnt work:

<setting id="Channel_522_type" value="17" />
<setting id="Channel_522_time" value="344329" />
<setting id="Channel_522_1" value="Channel" />
<setting id="Channel_522_2" value="20" />
<setting id="Channel_522_3" value="TV" />
<setting id="Channel_522_4" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_522_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_522_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_522_rule_1_opt_1" value="Knowledge Channel" />
<setting id="Channel_522_changed" value="False" />
<setting id="Channel_523_type" value="17" />
<setting id="Channel_523_time" value="344329" />
<setting id="Channel_523_1" value="Playlist" />
<setting id="Channel_523_2" value="6" />
<setting id="Channel_523_3" value="TV" />
<setting id="Channel_523_4" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_523_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_523_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_523_rule_1_opt_1" value="Nature" />
<setting id="Channel_523_changed" value="False" />

all came from autotune ofcourse
There is no chtype 17....

you mean there is no chtype 17 anymore? cause im pretty sure autotune made those for me,
so is there another way to use those multichannel? i know those are youtube playlist but i dont know which...
(2015-03-01, 21:36)halcyonforever Wrote:
(2015-03-01, 10:57)BugRaider84 Wrote: FEATURE REQUEST:

Sub folders for BTC-folders to allow for channel specific BTCs. Folder structure:
/commercials/
... /commercials/_all
... /commercials/_fallback
... /commercials/BBC
... /commercials/CNN
Commercials in "_all" we be played in all channels. Commercials in "_fallback" will be played in channels that do not have an own sub folder. Commercials in a channel sub folder will be played in that channel only.

Great idea
+1

I started looking at a few things and noticed this is actually similar to how bumpers are loaded. I would love to see the default and all options for bumpers as well. That way we can put a PseudoTV bumper in that will show up on any channel in addition to channel specific ones.

Oh I really like the idea of a PseudoTV Live bumper! The fallback idea is pretty cool too because not all channels are brand names and this would add the capability to those channels.
Aloha, Im having a difficult time making a channel using directorys and or playlists. Ive been reading and trying diffrent combinations to get it to work right, rather than clog this thread with this,,, is there another thread I could read about this. Ive read milkmans and this thread about this. I just dont wanta clog this thread....

Thanks for responses in advance...

This mainly has to do with not being able to make a channel based on a directory, either by making a playlist and then a channel or by directly using directory in the pseudo windows manager... both ways seem to come up blank... when i do get some combination to work, it will only life the first episode over and over... ARG!
Is there a general theme favorite for Kodi in general that favors the performance of PseudoTV Live? I've got 3 different machines I'm playing with (desktop i5, Intel NUC i5 & an HTPC i3), and keep wiping out the entire configuration, uninstalling KODI, and reinstalling (I wipe out all folders too, just to be sure), and Pseudo seems to work great with Confluence loaded, but then I get to setting up Aeon ShedNox (the theme I love) and while Kodi runs like a champ still, PseudoTV's EPG turns into a total dog... moving from one channel to the next takes forever, if it even works at all. I've tried all kinds of optimizations, but no luck. Even let it sit there and run over night, to make sure it's all cached up...

Is there a general theme everyone uses, or prefers to use? I really need Custom Home Menus (Movies, Kids Movies, TV, Kids TV, TV UK)... and some themes don't offer custom Home Menus, and some only offer 3 or 4 custom types, and I need at least 5. Is my theme my potential problem, or am I looking too far out of the box?
(2015-03-03, 00:21)Savage702 Wrote: Is there a general theme favorite for Kodi in general that favors the performance of PseudoTV Live? I've got 3 different machines I'm playing with (desktop i5, Intel NUC i5 & an HTPC i3), and keep wiping out the entire configuration, uninstalling KODI, and reinstalling (I wipe out all folders too, just to be sure), and Pseudo seems to work great with Confluence loaded, but then I get to setting up Aeon ShedNox (the theme I love) and while Kodi runs like a champ still, PseudoTV's EPG turns into a total dog... moving from one channel to the next takes forever, if it even works at all. I've tried all kinds of optimizations, but no luck. Even let it sit there and run over night, to make sure it's all cached up...

Is there a general theme everyone uses, or prefers to use? I really need Custom Home Menus (Movies, Kids Movies, TV, Kids TV, TV UK)... and some themes don't offer custom Home Menus, and some only offer 3 or 4 custom types, and I need at least 5. Is my theme my potential problem, or am I looking too far out of the box?

So you are saying the performance of PTVL changes when you change Kodi skins?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2015-03-03, 01:15)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2015-03-03, 00:21)Savage702 Wrote: Is there a general theme favorite for Kodi in general that favors the performance of PseudoTV Live? I've got 3 different machines I'm playing with (desktop i5, Intel NUC i5 & an HTPC i3), and keep wiping out the entire configuration, uninstalling KODI, and reinstalling (I wipe out all folders too, just to be sure), and Pseudo seems to work great with Confluence loaded, but then I get to setting up Aeon ShedNox (the theme I love) and while Kodi runs like a champ still, PseudoTV's EPG turns into a total dog... moving from one channel to the next takes forever, if it even works at all. I've tried all kinds of optimizations, but no luck. Even let it sit there and run over night, to make sure it's all cached up...

So you are saying to performance of PTVL changes when you change Kodi skins?

Id be interested in hearing the answer to this as well...

FWIW I've done some pretty intensive testing on this particular subject and while I will say some kodi skins obviously run smoother than others (mainly due to the system they are running on) I've actually never noticed a difference in performance while in PTVL.

And in the interest of full disclosure, this exact question is what I've been trying to answer since I wrote my first skin back in the old PTV days. It's logical to think that running a more cpu intensive skin would have a dramatic effect on PTVL's performance but after testing just about every kodi/PTVL skin combo possible, Id say it doesn't seem to.

In fact, the only thing that really seems to affect performance of the EPG is the dynamic artwork option, again at least in my experience. YMMV.
Hello.... As this seems to be the only way, can somebody save me a bit of time and tell me the dimensions that work best for PTVL channel logos? The dimensions that will fill up the whole channel logo space? I am unable to find any that fit the PTVL format. I am just going to make a pack of my own I guess... When I am finished, I will be happy to share. Smile
(2015-03-03, 01:15)Lunatixz Wrote: So you are saying the performance of PTVL changes when you change Kodi skins?

I'm sure I'm going to prove myself to be quite nuts, very wrong, or both. Big Grin

What would be the best way to benchmark or log my performance? Just turn on logging? I'm ready to start over again. LOL
(2015-02-27, 01:06)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2015-02-27, 00:58)a_bobo Wrote: First off I've got to say this is by far my favorite plug-in and has transformed the way I used XBMC.

I've been OK with setting up channels by using playlists to organised them.

One thing I hadn't tried before was channel logos so I wanted to try and get that working
My problem is I can’t get the channel logo/bug to show up on the screen.

I have ticked “always show channel bug” and “use unaltered channel bug”

Set the channel name to the same as the logo name.

In this case for testing purposes I have one channel renamed “sky”

The logo is in the folder on my NAS named “sky.png”

Have it set to “display the channel logo”

On my NAS I have a folder called logos with “channel logo folder” option pointing to that.

Am i missing an obvious step?

Thanks
Theres a bug, in channel logo code... its been fixed already. But I didn't push the code.

Do you know when you`re going to push the code

tomorrow, next week , next month ?

I`m holding off re-doing all my channels till i get this feature

if its a while from now I`ll just live without it and go ahead and get stuck in.

Thanks Lunatixz
(2015-03-02, 21:52)wrichards Wrote: Aloha, Im having a difficult time making a channel using directorys and or playlists. Ive been reading and trying diffrent combinations to get it to work right, rather than clog this thread with this,,, is there another thread I could read about this. Ive read milkmans and this thread about this. I just dont wanta clog this thread....

Thanks for responses in advance...

This mainly has to do with not being able to make a channel based on a directory, either by making a playlist and then a channel or by directly using directory in the pseudo windows manager... both ways seem to come up blank... when i do get some combination to work, it will only life the first episode over and over... ARG!
Under settings set "media llimit per channel" to 1000 instead of unlimitedSmile
How come only one per household?
(2015-03-03, 08:29)NIPSZX Wrote: How come only one per household?

What's only one per household?
(2015-03-03, 05:38)a_bobo Wrote: Do you know when you`re going to push the code

tomorrow, next week , next month ?

I`m holding off re-doing all my channels till i get this feature

if its a while from now I`ll just live without it and go ahead and get stuck in.

Thanks Lunatixz

https://twitter.com/PseudoTV_Live/status...1691829248
(2015-03-03, 03:02)tommymsw Wrote: Hello.... As this seems to be the only way, can somebody save me a bit of time and tell me the dimensions that work best for PTVL channel logos? The dimensions that will fill up the whole channel logo space? I am unable to find any that fit the PTVL format. I am just going to make a pack of my own I guess... When I am finished, I will be happy to share. Smile

Off the top of my head I believe they are 161x109.
(2015-03-03, 15:15)azrael17 Wrote:
(2015-03-03, 03:02)tommymsw Wrote: Hello.... As this seems to be the only way, can somebody save me a bit of time and tell me the dimensions that work best for PTVL channel logos? The dimensions that will fill up the whole channel logo space? I am unable to find any that fit the PTVL format. I am just going to make a pack of my own I guess... When I am finished, I will be happy to share. Smile

Off the top of my head I believe they are 161x109.

mine are 270x83
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
  • 591(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45