• 380(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2015-11-23, 03:12)cheddardonkey Wrote: Seems I've made this same mistake. Sad. Any chance of a script update? looking to install openelec standalone.

Many thanks

Dual boot should work now; I don't have a standalone firmware ready yet. Shoot me an email at [email protected] if you'd like to help me with that
so what i did is i soldered the two pins with a rub and now ill try to install the chrome os again and than ill try to install the custom firmware hope it works
Hi again :-)

Now I feel like I`m really a noob, yes I am, but I thought I could handle this..

I will try to reinstall my Chromebox with OE EGL, as mentioned in the upper post.
But I can`t seem to understand how to make this happen. If i push ESC at boot up, I get the GNU GRUB.
There I have some choices: Ubuntu, Advanced options for Ubuntu, Memory test and Memory test.
And "e" to edit commands befor booting and "c" for command line.
I have tried "c", and tried to enter the curl code for getting the script, no luck :-(

I am running KodiBuntu standalone as is now, but I want to change to clean OE, and update the firmware if necessary.
But I`m stuck.
I have read the whole first thread, but can`t seem to find what I`m doing wrong. Or maybe I`m just plain stu..d?

Hope to get a pointer in right deriction :-)
Kindly Petter
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
damn with this... now i cant even return to chromeos.. im trying using the recovery from the recovery utility but it gives me "an unexpected error has occurred"
please someone.. help..
even thought i soldered the pins with the rub i can know if it worked for me.. because i cant get into chromeos to tying install the custom firmware again
PLEASE SOMEONE?
Having trouble with the Fritsch build, 15.2. The menus freeze periodically and menu hangs while watching movies. Anyone experience these hiccups? Seems to happen with all content I've tried.
(2015-11-23, 13:01)pettergulbra Wrote: Hi again :-)

Now I feel like I`m really a noob, yes I am, but I thought I could handle this..

I will try to reinstall my Chromebox with OE EGL, as mentioned in the upper post.
But I can`t seem to understand how to make this happen. If i push ESC at boot up, I get the GNU GRUB.
There I have some choices: Ubuntu, Advanced options for Ubuntu, Memory test and Memory test.
And "e" to edit commands befor booting and "c" for command line.
I have tried "c", and tried to enter the curl code for getting the script, no luck :-(

I am running KodiBuntu standalone as is now, but I want to change to clean OE, and update the firmware if necessary.
But I`m stuck.
I have read the whole first thread, but can`t seem to find what I`m doing wrong. Or maybe I`m just plain stu..d?

Hope to get a pointer in right deriction :-)
Kindly Petter

if you're not seeing the 'Press ESC for boot menu' text at boot, then your boot menu wasn't properly created / your USB stick isn't being recognized. Pressing ESC after that, as you have seen, gives you the grub boot menu (assuming grub is installed), which is not useful nor what we want.

(2015-11-23, 13:24)alioop Wrote: damn with this... now i cant even return to chromeos.. im trying using the recovery from the recovery utility but it gives me "an unexpected error has occurred"
please someone.. help..
even thought i soldered the pins with the rub i can know if it worked for me.. because i cant get into chromeos to tying install the custom firmware again
PLEASE SOMEONE?

hard to say since you clearly went off script and tried doing a whole bunch of things without having disabled the firmware write protect, though I don't know what you could have done to affect ChromeOS booting. This isn't the best place for ChromeOS-related issues - perhaps try one of the Google+ communities for ChromeOS/Chromebox?

(2015-11-23, 17:14)Ladeef Wrote: Having trouble with the Fritsch build, 15.2. The menus freeze periodically and menu hangs while watching movies. Anyone experience these hiccups? Seems to happen with all content I've tried.

no, a clean install of fritch's Intel-EGL OpenELEC build will not have those issues. Re-test with a clean install, stock skin, no addons installed, etc. And if you're still having issues, provide the information requested in the OP for troubleshooting else nobody will be able to help you
Then I think I know what is wrong.
I don't have an install media in the USB?
Thought I had to use the script to make that?
(2015-11-23, 18:06)pettergulbra Wrote: Then I think I know what is wrong.
I don't have an install media in the USB?
Thought I had to use the script to make that?

the script offers the option to create the OpenELEC/Kodibuntu install media for convenience only, there's a download link and instructions link for creating the install media like every other non-ChromeBox user has to do Smile. But since you still have a working Kodibuntu install, you can log in to desktop mode, open a terminal console, and run the script from there to create the install media.
Thank you very much, I'll try that then?
Then I have tried, and it looked good.
I get this error when OE is starting to install:

'''Error in prepereConfusedysrot: mount_common: Could not mount /dev/SYSTEM'''
###Starting debugging shell... type exit to quit ###
sh: can`t access tty: job contorl turned off

Lubuntu still works, so it don`t look like OE has overwritten any files.

I have tried two different USB thumb drives, I have updated the firmware via the script.

Thanks in advanced :-)
(2015-11-23, 19:21)pettergulbra Wrote: Then I have tried, and it looked good.
I get this error when OE is starting to install:

'''Error in prepereConfusedysrot: mount_common: Could not mount /dev/SYSTEM'''
###Starting debugging shell... type exit to quit ###
sh: can`t access tty: job contorl turned off

Lubuntu still works, so it don`t look like OE has overwritten any files.

I have tried two different USB thumb drives, I have updated the firmware via the script.

Thanks in advanced :-)

can't say I've seen that before. perhaps retry with a different USB stick? otherwise I'd say ask on the OpenELEC forums or IRC channel
Thanks again for the help.

You guys are awesome! Huh?

The 5th USB worked
Know anybody the root Login for ChromiumOS? Chronos need´s an password, don´t know...

EDIT: Okay User: Chronos and Password: password Undecided

Okay back to question... wood like to update my Firmware @ my Asus Chromebox. In moment there are 20151015 installed. But the update script told my there are no newer for my... but at the first post there are many new one...

What can i doo?
(2015-11-24, 17:57)Lambada123 Wrote: Know anybody the root Login for ChromiumOS? Chronos need´s an password, don´t know...

EDIT: Okay User: Chronos and Password: password Undecided

Okay back to question... wood like to update my Firmware @ my Asus Chromebox. In moment there are 20151015 installed. But the update script told my there are no newer for my... but at the first post there are many new one...

What can i doo?

read better.
Sorry Matt, but i understand what you mean... Firmware 20151015 are installed, when i look in your Update history there are some newer changes...

I have test your script to fix this FAN issue after hibernate... it works, but when the Chromebox are connected to an AVR it don´t work...
  • 380(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37