• 21(current)
v16 Android pass-through test thread. EXPERIMENTAL!!!
Kodi is platform agnostic. That means no platform has priority. Hacks that violate this strategy have no chance. I have invested a lot of time to implement the base for this feature properly in v17: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/071d...3cea0d528e

Back in Frodo audio was a big mess and with help from fritsch I have rewritten the entire audio engine. That code won't be tainted by ugly quick hacks just because some can't wait for another couple of months.

And again to make this clear: v17 has a proper solution.
Been lurking on the forums for quite a while. Just registered to show my appreciation and support for the Kodi developers. Thank you for all your hard work.

On topic;
HD-Audio is working for me on the Shield TV with the latest test build, but i also have sync problems and an occasional dropout (the dropouts seem to be happening on ATMOS tracks). Also if I use seek/fastforward then the sync is there right away after some visible frameskips/drops. I'll see if i can make a debug log later.
Since last update, i could not connect to Kodi Add-on repository.

Any tipps?
I see in one log of the "screeching sound on pause on DTS" that it's using the "jump back on unpause" script.
Is it an isolated case?
I'm still getting an audio sync issue on TrueHD sound tracks. It's always about .325 seconds to fast. Everything else works perfectly so far. I am on a shield tv connected to a pioneer elite sc-55 which is connected to a Samsung 65js8500. Most of my mkv files came from my own Blu-Ray Rips using makeMkv.
(2015-12-31, 17:22)Crypter Wrote: I'm still getting an audio sync issue on TrueHD sound tracks. It's always about .325 seconds to fast. Everything else works perfectly so far. I am on a shield tv connected to a pioneer elite sc-55 which is connected to a Samsung 65js8500. Most of my mkv files came from my own Blu-Ray Rips using makeMkv.

Is that after you have fast forwarded through it? I think I had an issue with that, but solved by either a) watching from the beginning or b) using the chapter forward or reverse
(2015-12-31, 17:25)chocco Wrote:
(2015-12-31, 17:22)Crypter Wrote: I'm still getting an audio sync issue on TrueHD sound tracks. It's always about .325 seconds to fast. Everything else works perfectly so far. I am on a shield tv connected to a pioneer elite sc-55 which is connected to a Samsung 65js8500. Most of my mkv files came from my own Blu-Ray Rips using makeMkv.

Is that after you have fast forwarded through it? I think I had an issue with that, but solved by either a) watching from the beginning or b) using the chapter forward or reverse

Well I work around the issue by adjust the audio delay in the audio track menu. But yes, seeking also sometimes solves it, but not always
(2015-12-31, 15:56)Koying Wrote: I see in one log of the "screeching sound on pause on DTS" that it's using the "jump back on unpause" script.
Is it an isolated case?

I just disabled it, made no difference, still have stutter on DTS.
I uninstalled it, rebooted Shield, still have stutter, updated log - http://pastebin.com/n1sRNVpQ
Also ran into audio sync issues on certain non HD DD 5.1 tracks. Seems like only DVD rips. Rolled back to 12/28 build and all it fine. Only other issue I've noticed is occasional buzzing noise when FFWD or REW on DTS-HD tracks(Happenned on latest build as well).
(2015-12-31, 18:30)gottahavit Wrote: Also ran into audio sync issues on certain non HD DD 5.1 tracks. Seems like only DVD rips. Rolled back to 12/28 build and all it fine. Only other issue I've noticed is occasional buzzing noise when FFWD or REW on DTS-HD tracks(Happenned on latest build as well).

Hi I have the same issue. Do you know of anywhere I can get the 12/28 build? Or how did you roll back?
(2015-12-31, 19:32)pmlfrew Wrote:
(2015-12-31, 18:30)gottahavit Wrote: Also ran into audio sync issues on certain non HD DD 5.1 tracks. Seems like only DVD rips. Rolled back to 12/28 build and all it fine. Only other issue I've noticed is occasional buzzing noise when FFWD or REW on DTS-HD tracks(Happenned on latest build as well).

Hi I have the same issue. Do you know of anywhere I can get the 12/28 build? Or how did you roll back?

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/android/arm/
(2015-12-31, 19:43)bitlisz Wrote:
(2015-12-31, 19:32)pmlfrew Wrote:

Can confirm rolling back to 12/28 build fixed my audio sync issues Nod
(2015-12-31, 20:25)pmlfrew Wrote:
(2015-12-31, 19:43)bitlisz Wrote:
(2015-12-31, 19:32)pmlfrew Wrote: Hi I have the same issue. Do you know of anywhere I can get the 12/28 build? Or how did you roll back?

Can confirm rolling back to 12/28 build fixed my audio sync issues Nod

Can I ask if the 12/28 build experiences cut outs in high action scenes? I think Koying said he increased the buffer size in 12/29 to avoid this happening as a few people had issues with during explosions etc
I have watched The Fith Element 4k today with 7.1 Atmos streamed to my Denon and I didn't notice any lipsynch probs, I have my denon set to auto lip synch and the shield set to a 30ms delay
Ps the film looked and sounded amazing and @ 100gig I suppose it should lol.
Ps I loaded the 29th version first...
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android pass-through test thread. EXPERIMENTAL!!!11