• 4(current)
v17 [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin
(2016-02-29, 16:09)phil65 Wrote:
(2016-02-29, 14:04)RayW1986 Wrote: This is a very nice, clean skin. What kind of menu modifications can we expect to have? Will we be able to add playlists, etc. to the home screen/menu or is still in the same vein as Confluence where we can add some add-on shortcuts, but other than that it is pretty fixed?

Thanks, and great work.

Not too many home menu customization options for now. That may change depening on whether we have sane technical solutions available.

What is new though is that several themes get shipped by default.

I miss a white-based theme.
Indeed, like the AppleTV
Looks great
(2016-03-01, 10:12)un1versal Wrote:
(2016-03-01, 01:29)Razze Wrote: Btw, while this is being in a full functional state for month and has been tested by team members for month, I suspect that we get the full potential the nearer we get to Kryptons release.
There are still some improvements, we want to make to the core, to make things far better.

Congrats to all involved. Yes, thats good news.

So is this how it will look, is this 100% finished skin and graphics?

Well as we're always pushing Kodi, it will never be finished I guess? Wink
It's good enough for daily use, trust me. There might be some views, that will be redone in the future, but all in all the look and feel shouldn't change.

(2016-03-01, 11:43)tredman Wrote: This looks great @phil65 really good work and will make a big difference to new user's first impressions of Kodi.

A bit OT, but might be worth coupling this new skin with a new instance wizard - prompting users to add their own media? May also help to encourage the impression that addons are NOT just what Kodi is about.

This skin actually has some kind of instructions, as long as your library is empty. But if you got the code for "a new instance wizard" feel free to PR it, as we want something like this, but no one had time for it so far.
(2016-03-01, 20:41)Razze Wrote: Well as we're always pushing Kodi, it will never be finished I guess? Wink
It's good enough for daily use, trust me. There might be some views, that will be redone in the future, but all in all the look and feel shouldn't change.

Though customer alert.

This skin replaces an old outdated skin that no one but myself cared to revamp via themes and new graphics making it just about bearable after all these years.

With this new skin I was hoping to see the talent in the team in the design end shine through and while I dont wish to be rude or non-appreciative, this looks outdated from the get go, especially when comparing with the 3rd party skins out in the wild of similar feel, I cant help to be slight heartbroken and sad when I use this new skin..

And no, not a Confluence die hard fan with a aversion to change, personally wanted to retire that old fart Confluence permanently.

But thats just me, sorry if anyone is offended by my observation it wasnt meant to be offensive even though most likely will be viewed as that.

Apologies.
(2016-03-01, 21:03)un1versal Wrote:
(2016-03-01, 20:41)Razze Wrote: Well as we're always pushing Kodi, it will never be finished I guess? Wink

Though customer alert.

This skin replaces an old outdated skin that no one but myself cared to revamp via themes and new graphics making it just about bearable after all these years.

With this new skin I was hoping to see the talent in the team in the design end shine through and while I dont wish to be rude or non-appreciative, this looks outdated from the get go, especially when comparing with the 3rd party skins out in the wild of similar feel, I cant help to be slight heartbroken and sad when I use this new skin..

And no, not a Confluence die hard fan with a aversion to change, personally wanted to retire that old fart Confluence permanently.

But thats just me, sorry if anyone is offended by my observation it wasnt meant to be offensive even though most likely will be viewed as that.

Apologies.
Feel sad whatever you want in some remote corner
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-03-01, 21:03)un1versal Wrote: And no, not a Confluence die hard fan with a aversion to change

That made my day, thx Smile
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2016-02-29, 02:39)mikesilvo164 Wrote: Nice... The Skilled Skinners/Modders have some shoes to fill Big Grin

I think I see some Nox 5, MIM•IC, and Transparency! influences Wink

The original mockups I did were heavily influenced by the mockups for the non-finished Linear skin.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
(2016-03-01, 21:03)un1versal Wrote:

Though customer alert.

Apologies.

Thank you for your kind words, if you hate it then it means we've done a good job. And, no, please don't send me another passive-aggressive PM.

mixing SD and HD movies creates this somewhat weird alignment

http://s29.postimg.org/sytovnr3b/screenshot000.png

notice the year 1976 ends up at the wrong place
Thanks to all involved, yesterday I built myself Kodi master with the PR (now merged) ,
the skin is amazing, awesome, beatiful, gorgeous!

One question tho: any plans for translations e.g. on transifex?
Guess I could help.
(2016-03-01, 21:37)asavah Wrote: Thanks to all involved, yesterday I built myself Kodi master with the PR (now merged) ,
the skin is amazing, awesome, beatiful, gorgeous!

One question tho: any plans for translations e.g. on transifex?
Guess I could help.

Of course it will get translated via transifex, no worries.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Quote:
if you hate it then it means we've done a good job

Quote:Feel sad whatever you want in some remote corner

un1versal might have chosen his words more carefully, but rebukes like the above really don't do Team Kodi any favours.
Bitcoin donations: 1Hvo9rWzhAVbuPrshgaGZaD7qcLFTCPuiv
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
there is some deeper history between those individuals. Nothing to worry about. Wink
(2016-03-01, 22:19)thedeadman Wrote:
Quote:
if you hate it then it means we've done a good job

Quote:Feel sad whatever you want in some remote corner

un1versal might have chosen his words more carefully, but rebukes like the above really don't do Team Kodi any favours.

My reply was personal, not at all the opinion of the team.

• 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin9