• 61(current)
TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
(2016-12-15, 22:58)gillmacca Wrote: I have no problem driving myself nuts setting things up....lol.
Especially when it comes to keymapping....trying to make sure something I set-up in the TV Guide, doesn't mess up something else in the rest of kodi

I've been working on an Action Editor for TV Guide Fullscreen today.
I think its working but I want to test it some more tomorrow before I release it.
It will let you map up different ACTION_s to the internal Commands.
You will still need Keymap Editor to map the real keys to Actions but it should help, especially with button-challenged remotes.
I think you read my mind, if this is the same.
I was thinking if there was a way to setup keymapping for the tv guide without affecting the rest of kodi
Emby, NVIDIA Shield, QNAP
(2016-12-15, 21:43)primaeval Wrote:
(2016-12-15, 21:32)Drt1989 Wrote:
(2016-12-15, 20:21)primaeval Wrote: Your path depends on your device. Have a root around in adb if it's not obvious from whatever file manager you're using.
One of the examples uses the Kodi temp directory which should be writeable by ffmpeg.

Write the value of any variable you're interested in in the log with:
xbmc.log(repr(variable))
where variable might be cmd or filename for example.

Make sure ffmpeg is working on the command line first. You won't be able to see any error values when you run it from Kodi.
It needs the full path for the output path.

I have no idea on how to rn in cmd prompt in android ?

Hmm I'll have to do a lot more work I think.

I'm not even sure I have done things correctly. I used the binary example that you linked too. If i needed to do anything to that file, then I need to research how to Huh

I did copy the wrong .playwith example.

Heres you android one:

Code:
# Play with your own preferred player and paths
if url:
    name = "%s=%s=%s" % (start,channel,title)
    name = re.sub(' ','_',name)
    name = name.encode("cp1252")
    filename = xbmc.translatePath("special://temp/%s.ts" % name)
    #filename = "/storage/external_storage/sda1/recordings/%s.ts" %name   <-------- My plan here is to change this special://home/recordings (for testing) (is this ok/will it work!?)
    ffmpeg = r"/data/data/ffmpeg"                                                               <------------------- To me this is the location of where i have put the ffmpeg file? I'll move it to special://home/
    cmd = [ffmpeg, "-y", "-i", url, "-c", "copy", "-t", str(seconds), filename]  <---------------- Need to read up
    p = Popen(cmd,shell=False)
    if p.wait() != 0:
        xbmc.log("There were some errors")

Only Kodi understands the special:// paths. You have to use the full Android path for filename.

I suppose a remote adb shell app would be easiest to get to the command line on an Android TV box.
Maybe this:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...iadb&hl=en

I would do some experiments on Windows first if I were you then you can watch the processes and work out how to run ffmpeg.

Thanks. I am understanding a lot more now. I shall try in my Windows environment and report back. Although this may take some time.
Apart from record and "catchup" I am pretty much done in how I envision this guide to be used. I've disabled longpress in kodi and remapped contextmenu to open the set remind/autoplay. 9 is set to open categories.
For me it's working well and schedules direct works well too.

Not sure what else could be added now.

Awesome work!
Hello Mister

Why I cant use latest version ? When I update, my channel order and all channel settings get lost. So I copied old addon/userdata version back.
Backup of channel mapping is helping here ?
(2016-12-16, 09:15)ködi-zömbie Wrote: Hello Mister

Why I cant use latest version ? When I update, my channel order and all channel settings get lost. So I copied old addon/userdata version back.

The last version that might have reset the channels was 0.0.238, I think.
That was 3 or 4 days ago.

There are lots of Settings that force a channel reset.
This post tells you about some:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2473370

Did you manage to get the old mapping back with:
userdata\addon_data\script.tvguide.fullscreen\custom_stream_urls_autosave.ini
(2016-12-16, 10:17)primaeval Wrote:

I'll try this evening. I have 0.0.21xxx, I think. You mean now manually copy "custom_stream_urls_autosave.ini" and after update & db.update copy back ?
(2016-12-16, 12:49)ködi-zömbie Wrote:
(2016-12-16, 10:17)primaeval Wrote:

I'll try this evening. I have 0.0.21xxx, I think. You mean now manually copy "custom_stream_urls_autosave.ini" and after update & db.update copy back ?

If you copy a working custom_stream_urls_autosave.ini to
userdata\addon_data\script.tvguide.fullscreen\custom_stream_urls.ini
you should be able to re-import it in Settings \ Backup \ Import Channel Mappings.

There is also an option to import channel mappings from an ini file or m3u playlist whenever your xmltv file gets updated in
Settings \ Optional \ Channel Mappings.

I've added a bit of code to copy the previous custom_stream_urls.ini to custom_stream_urls.ini.last in version 0.0.251.
So you will have 2 chances to save your channel mappings.

If you have an older version you might have to extract the mapping from the database.
If you get stuck I'll see if I can fix your old database for you. I did it with someone else's.

I fixed his database by adding this to the settings table in source.db.
tvguide.co.uk.systemid Sky

It stopped the channels getting updated.
Exclamation 
version 0.0.251
- Settings \ Lab1 \ Action Editor (most actions are now customisable)

WARNING: Big changes. I expect breakages. Let me know if anything doesn't work.

You should now be able to Edit most of the Actions that trigger Commands in the new Action Editor.

Real buttons still need to be mapped up to the Kodi ACTION_s with Keymap Editor or manually by editing your keymap.xml file.
http://kodi.wiki/view/keymap

I've left the old commands in comments in gui.py in case you need to check what does what now.
Look in the functions that start with "def onAction".

The Action Editor makes a semi-readable json file called:
userdata\addon_data\script.tvguide.fullscreen\commands.json
Hello! I don't go away for long do I (hehe)

I figured that I can only find ffmpeg for ARMv7 processors. As my box is a v8 I am halted here for the time being. As it's something I really want to do, I am now trying on Windows but a headache has stopped me in my tracks. I'd like to PM you some more questions once I've tried again.

So I am just tidying up my "build" as they call it and hopefully when I am feeling more up to it, I'll be able to crack it. For now at least I am very happy with the guide.
(2016-12-16, 13:51)Drt1989 Wrote: Hello! I don't go away for long do I (hehe)

I figured that I can only find ffmpeg for ARMv7 processors. As my box is a v8 I am halted here for the time being. As it's something I really want to do, I am now trying on Windows but a headache has stopped me in my tracks. I'd like to PM you some more questions once I've tried again.

So I am just tidying up my "build" as they call it and hopefully when I am feeling more up to it, I'll be able to crack it. For now at least I am very happy with the guide.

This post says ffmpeg supports ARMv8 but you have to build it yourself.
https://github.com/WritingMinds/ffmpeg-a.../issues/32

That should keep you busy. Wink

[EDIT] ffmpeg must support ARMv8 because Kodi uses it as a library and Kodi runs on ARMv8.
(2016-12-16, 13:56)primaeval Wrote:

Definitely!
Hopefully when I'm feeling better. Right now everything is a blur so I'm doing more simple point and click stuff.. (I think I've gone code blind!)

I want to try this search and play.... You mention meta4kodi.... does this mean the meta addon? Or is it built in to the guide?

Also for example say most of the BBC stuff doesn't have Season Numbers and Episodes so the search is rather generic (tested using isearch) Is there a way so it's can identify the episode and then search it?

isearch and mysearch - what is the difference here?

Sorry for all these questions.
(2016-12-16, 14:12)Drt1989 Wrote:
(2016-12-16, 13:56)primaeval Wrote:

Definitely!
Hopefully when I'm feeling better. Right now everything is a blur so I'm doing more simple point and click stuff.. (I think I've gone code blind!)

I want to try this search and play.... You mention meta4kodi.... does this mean the meta addon? Or is it built in to the guide?

Also for example say most of the BBC stuff doesn't have Season Numbers and Episodes so the search is rather generic (tested using isearch) Is there a way so it's can identify the episode and then search it?

isearch and mysearch - what is the difference here?

Sorry for all these questions.

Meta4Kodi is here.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=263065

There are official players for addons like iplayerwww that can handle the season and episode number.

There are also a lot of players around for banned addons. So be careful what you post here.

iSearch links to the iSearch function in Super Favourites.
MySearch uses the last iSearch list from spoyser's own repo before he deleted it. Plus a couple of extra players that might be useful.
They don't use the episode number although MySearch has the ability to.
Ok.. I'm looking for the player list for Mysearch.
...the ability to.... is this something that would mean further code has to be added or can a user setup from within kodi?

I can't believe how useful this guide is. Gets better and better.
@primaeval - I've edited the PlayWith.py and all is good, but of course any update to the addon would overwrite this. Could there be an option for the addon to first look in userdata for PlayWith.py before using the default version? I did try this but it always seems to default to the version in the addons folder. Also just a small thing, is there a way for me to mod this to show a current date/time string rather than at present it showing the unix date in the filename? Thanks.
(2016-12-16, 14:46)Drt1989 Wrote: Ok.. I'm looking for the player list for Mysearch.
...the ability to.... is this something that would mean further code has to be added or can a user setup from within kodi?

I can't believe how useful this guide is. Gets better and better.

The Mysearch list is in:
addons\script.tvguide.fullscreen\resources\favourites.xml

If you want to edit it you should be able to copy it to Super Favourites and use an edited version from iSearch.
userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.super.favourites\S\favourites.xml
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)8