Several views not accessible in playlists
Hi there, I'm loving the Aeon skin, but I'm wondering why it is that not all view types are accessible everywhere.

For example, I made a few static playlists that I added to my favourites, but when I go to the playlist, I can only select the List, Wall, InfoWall & Posters view and not for example the Low List view which I would like to use there.

If this requires some xml-fiddling, I would be okay with that, but if there's an easier way to make this possible I would be very grateful. Any ideas? Thank you for your time.
Since you mention InfoWall, I'm guessing you are using Aeon Nox.
What kind of playlist is it that you have?
Ah yes, Aeon Nox. I forgot there was a difference.

I'm particularly talking about a static playlist, i.e. one which I made by queueing several movies, going to 'Now playing' and then saving the list as a new playlist.
Okay, could be a bug. I'll take a look at it.
Okay, it's basically a file view when you make a playlist. There is no content set, like movies/tvshows/episodes. So there is nothing I can do on a skin level. or is this working in a different skin?
Mm... okay. Thank you for looking into this. No, I don't think it is working in a different skin.

In that case I have a more general question. What is the reason for file views not being compatible with content sets and the view types that go along with that? Is it because of the possibility that a file view contains different types of content? Both movies and tv shows?

One of the reasons I find this "annoying" - if I can put it bluntly like that - is that for example I have a folder that contains Pixar shorts. Preferably I would like to view this folder (without all my other movies) in the Low List view (which I like very much). To do this I had to make a smart playlist, add it to my favourites, and then in an xml file change the view type manually to library view or something like that.

Am I missing something obvious? Or is it really this tricky to do stuff like this?
TijlK Wrote:Mm... okay. Thank you for looking into this. No, I don't think it is working in a different skin.

In that case I have a more general question. What is the reason for file views not being compatible with content sets and the view types that go along with that? Is it because of the possibility that a file view contains different types of content? Both movies and tv shows?

One of the reasons I find this "annoying" - if I can put it bluntly like that - is that for example I have a folder that contains Pixar shorts. Preferably I would like to view this folder (without all my other movies) in the Low List view (which I like very much). To do this I had to make a smart playlist, add it to my favourites, and then in an xml file change the view type manually to library view or something like that.

Am I missing something obvious? Or is it really this tricky to do stuff like this?
I think this is partially solved in xbmc 11. Everything is in the library, also files. Smart playlist are a good way of doing what you want thuogh. You could setup a rule with studio pixar and runtime less than an hour or something. Off course this will require the shorts to be in the library.
Then you have all viewtypes available for that smart playlist and you can add it to the main menu or submenu.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Several views not accessible in playlists0