aacPlus (AAC+) audio codec?
ok... done! sweet... new features.

one question tho, sometimes while it's playing i hear an annoying bling! out of nowhere. whats that?
sorry, no idea what you are referring to... i never hear a "bling".

try a new topic for that and provide more details.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(elupus @ april 04 2006,19:04 Wrote:played fine here.. you must be using an old build.

<edit>
well atleast allmost fine.. it slowed down xbmc to a crawl..

<edit2> slowdown affected any audioplayback for dvd player :/.. darn.. will get fixed as soon as cvs is back.

<edit3> okey pls files are apperently not parsed by us.. they are directly sent to mplayer fo playback.. so don't use .pls files.. try a .strm file with just the url.

i now tried the .strm file and it works fine. just a click on it and the radio stream starts.

when the aac+ stream is playing then xbmc is still extremely slow and crawls (like mentioned before)..
My XBOX built into a Sony Hifi CD-Player Case
XBOX Hifi Media Center Picture Gallery

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

@elupus:

i now have updated to cvs 13.04.06 and the aac+ stream is working just fine!
also the previous .pls file i had works great now! :bowdown:
thanks a lot.

but theres still a glitch i think:
when i play the .strm file or .pls file it displays next to the thumbnail just the url name and not the radio station name like it was before (also on the lcd display) .. the radio station name is defined in the .pls file (title1 = ... )
this is only when playing back aac+ streams .. with mp3 streams the radio station name is displayed fine..

i can also confirm the popping "bling" sound when playing back the aac+ stream! it happens randomly.
you can playback this stream http://radio21.rdsnet.ro:8000 to hear the "bling" sound after a while randomly ..
My XBOX built into a Sony Hifi CD-Player Case
XBOX Hifi Media Center Picture Gallery

yup.. dvdplayer currently has no support for giving correct stream info.

so i've got the latest xbmc build and i'm subscribed to a streaming tele station that stream h264 streams and aac+ audio (in winamp it comes up as he-aac).

video plays fine but there's no audio.

what gives?

:d
I am not sure if this is common with all AAC+ streaming stations, but I listen to this station on my PC at work and home and its fine, but when I try to listen to it on my XBOX its badly distorted via digital, or analog. Ive even put the replay gain to the minimum and turned off the "output to all speaker" option and its still distorted.

Here is the station for anyone who wants to give it a go:
http://afferent-rapture.com:8010/

The website is:
http://www.pitchforkjesus.com/

Any help would be great.
I am not sure if aacPlus audio streams are even supported by XBMC in any thing other than backwards-compability mode(?)

If I understand this correct then if MPlayer is used to playback that audio stream then aacPlus should be supported, but if PAPlayer is used to playback the same stream then it will only playback that stream in backwards-compability mode (meaning not the full quality as Spectral Band Replication (SBR) and Parametric Stereo (PS) is not supported by the DLL codec that PAPlayer uses?)
dvdp is the one with the most complete aac+ support i think.
i will have a look at what version the pap faad codec is later

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
aacPlus (AAC+) audio codec?0