My Pictures Database not indexing any pictures
Hi,

A while ago, I used My Pictures Database (MyPicsDB) and I really liked it, but that was Pre-Dharma. However, now I can't use it because it doesn't find any pictures.

No matter what folder I configure for scan, it doesn't find anything. I tried on Linux and Macs, same result. Same plugin version on both OS, 0.5.1.

Not sure what information could be useful as this is pretty straight forward. I configured the Folder to scan in the Add-on settings, checked Perform scan now and Use the picture as fanart for pictures. Minimum required rate is set to all.

In the plugin itself I added a path to Paths for pictures folders. This is the same path I added in the Add-on settings.

Hints would be appreciated. Let me know if you need more info!

Thanks

J-P
Try this topic: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=80845
Robotica Wrote:Try this topic: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=80845

I saw it earlier and read a good part of it (didn't read it completely), but it seems more feature focus. Unless there is a specific post you want me to take a look at, I don't think it will help.

Thanks anyway.

J-P
I have been trying to get this addon to work, without much success. When I ask it to scan my pictures (which are all on a network drive ) it comes up with nothing. I can view the photos and it is the same drive I use for music and movies which have no problems, but I just can't get "my pictures" to work. Anyone got it working? I Am running XBMC on Apple TV 1 but I have also tried it on PC
Thanks for putting this addon together, it is filling a distinct hole in XBMC's capabilities.

I've noticed that the browse_folder function scanpath.py tends to bomb out at the stat functions if it encounters any files or folders without read permissions.
This is probably OS-specific and partially a user issue...
HOWEVER - In the name of bulletproofing, would it be possible to insert some exception trapping per-file or per-folder ?
I crudely hacked some try/except blocks around the code to enable it to scan my pics, but this might be handled more elegantly by the original authors.

Thanks again !
(2011-09-18, 01:22)gifton Wrote: I have been trying to get this addon to work, without much success. When I ask it to scan my pictures (which are all on a network drive ) it comes up with nothing. I can view the photos and it is the same drive I use for music and movies which have no problems, but I just can't get "my pictures" to work. Anyone got it working? I Am running XBMC on Apple TV 1 but I have also tried it on PC

Same problem for me -very little help provided for setting this up. Why can't you just browse to the folder where your pictures are stored. This addon doesn't seem to do that!

This is what I did to configure it:
  1. From your home screen select the Add-ons submenu under Pictures.
  2. Select My Pictures Database
  3. Select Paths of picture folders (2nd last item)
  4. Select Add a path to database
  5. Navigate into the picture folder you want to add
  6. Press OK
  7. Select Yes for the next three dialog boxes (or configure as you desire)
  8. Wait while it scans
  9. (repeat as needed for any additional folders you wish to add)
That's it. It should work for you now.
Using the steps above in a Mac Mini.

Via SMB it didn`t work
Via Volume mapping it appears to be working (still scanning)

I also could not get it to work on a Mac Mini using SMB. It would start scanning and immediately tell me 0 pictures were found. How do I set up the volume mapping?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My Pictures Database not indexing any pictures0