Instant Crash w/ MKV on 4.2.1 (4.3)
Hey,

Couldn't find this exactly problem after searching (unless I really missed it)...

What happens:
As soon as I try to play an MKV file (any size), XBMC crashes down to Lowtide. Icefilms work fine, and I'm not sure about other files types, since I don't have any other video file types to try, but this didn't happen on 4.1.1. Does this happen on 4.2.2? If so, I'll just update to that.

Apple TV 4.2.1 (4.3)
XBMC 10.0.7
Xeebo Skin (crash happens on others, too)
SMB or Zeroconfig share
TheRealHershey Wrote:Hey,

Couldn't find this exactly problem after searching (unless I really missed it)...

What happens:
As soon as I try to play an MKV file (any size), XBMC crashes down to Lowtide. Icefilms work fine, and I'm not sure about other files types, since I don't have any other video file types to try, but this didn't happen on 4.1.1. Does this happen on 4.2.2? If so, I'll just update to that.

Apple TV 4.2.1 (4.3)
XBMC 10.0.7
Xeebo Skin (crash happens on others, too)
SMB or Zeroconfig share

I had the same issue with 4.2.2 so I upgraded to latest build (7th may) of XBMC and now it works fine. GUI is smother also.

Although I have read that there can be other issues with latest build but I haven't had any issues when been testing.
Jefman Wrote:I had the same issue with 4.2.2 so I upgraded to latest build (7th may) of XBMC and now it works fine. GUI is smother also.

Although I have read that there can be other issues with latest build but I haven't had any issues when been testing.

So just up to the latest nightly?
no log = no help
Ned Scott Wrote:no log = no help

http://cl.ly/1D0a173N3e3v1r0H2I2V

Pretty sure those are the correct 3 .plist files from the latest crash (been watching icefilms for the past 2 hours)
Had the same issue yesterday. Just upgrade to the most recent nightly and everything works
How do you guys upgrade XBMC, in software install under Nito TV, i have choosen update all, but i also have the same problems as someone above, i run 4.2.1 (2100) on my ATV2, and when i try to play a 720P MKV file from my NAS, it just crash and go to the ATV menu,

I have another ATV2 which is running 4.1.1 also with XBMC installed, and it runs the 720P file smoothly.

I have previously had 4.1.1 installed on the one with the problem, and it also played the file fine.

Anyone ?

Kim
wget http://hadm.net/~keith/xbmc_atv2/latest_atv2.deb
dpkg -i latest_atv2.deb
rm latest_atv2.deb

Regards,
@R0MSTER...

Thanks, it helped, now both ATV's here are updated ;o)

Kim
I was having the same problem with mkvs on a fresh install of XBMC, and so I pasted the stuff in above the R0MSTER posted and it seemed okay, but now when i select VIDEOS on the main XBMC screen it just goes black? Not a crash, but just all black. I hit MENU on the Apple Remote and it goes back to the main screen?
Note, all the other Main Menu categories work fine, such as Pictures, Settings, etc.
versions people, versions. do you think there is only one version of xbmc out there ?
Dude, I'm tooooooooootally new to XBMC and have never used Terminal before this (i know nothing of scripting). Can you advises me what to do to fix it please? Thanks!
dozens Wrote:Dude, I'm tooooooooootally new to XBMC and have never used Terminal before this (i know nothing of scripting). Can you advises me what to do to fix it please? Thanks!

That's why we make stickies, see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=92480
Dude?? RoflRofl

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Instant Crash w/ MKV on 4.2.1 (4.3)0