ETA on stable release for atv2 4.3?
Want to buy an apple tv but not pulling the trigger until xbmc is stable on the latest software.
Got mine but waiting to get another 5 to replace the old XBox running XBMC until latest working because most of my files are in ISO.
When it's done.

If you want to expedite this process, donating hardware/money/beer entices developers I hear.

You can also roll up your sleeves and come help participate in the port.
daMouse Wrote:Got mine but waiting to get another 5 to replace the old XBox running XBMC until latest working because most of my files are in ISO.
Just curious, are 5 simply for different rooms.
keith Wrote:When it's done.

If you want to expedite this process, donating hardware/money/beer entices developers I hear.

Keith, is it still possible to participate without having an expertise in coding.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

keith Wrote:When it's done.

No offense man, but that's kind of a douchey answer. It might do some good to explain what someone can do based on their expertise. Some of us aren't programmers but would like to help any way we can.
he did explain what non coders can do, donate money, hardware, beer...

Thought that was pretty explanatory...
dukevader Wrote:No offense man, but that's kind of a douchey answer. It might do some good to explain what someone can do based on their expertise. Some of us aren't programmers but would like to help any way we can.

Not really, one thing that greatly helps is users testing git trunk via nightly builds. We devs tend to be task focused and don't spend much time testing all the various aspects of xbmc operation. Good testing coverage of git trunk is how we get to a stable version.

So if you don't code, then a) donate, or b) test under nightly builds. That's how you can participate in getting a release out.

By the way, nightly builds are vetted before released. We don't yet have them building under our buildbot system.
What kind of hardware is needed? My company routinely dumps old for new and I can see if anything may prove applicable.
Yes for different rooms and 1 for cabin in mountains so I don't have to ruff it too much.
I'll happily upgrade and use the nightlys however i don't know how you get the logs etc.

Do they get send on system failures or do we need to send them in?
Cuthbert Wrote:I'll happily upgrade and use the nightlys however i don't know how you get the logs etc.

Do they get send on system failures or do we need to send them in?

See here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=92480 Smile
They are on the apple TV2 , you can provide them for the devs with a report of the problem on the forum. It's all described in above link.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ETA on stable release for atv2 4.3?0