Link XBMC SQL db to Media Player Classic
I currently have two appletvs linked to my PC, all running XBMC with a centralized database so that I can stop media on one machine, and resume it on another. I have this working perfectly between the three machines.

However, on my PC I favour media player classic (MPC) as my main media player over XBMC, largely because I like to have it running in the corner of my monitor with all the controls minimized and it always on top of everything else that is running, and I can't find a way to do this with XBMC.

I have found and followed the instructions so that when I click a video in XBMC it loads on the external player (MPC), however if I stop a video part way through watching, it doesn't record where I am up to in XBMC (so there is no resume from option when I play it again). Does anyone know how to link MPC to the XBMC database?

Ideally I would want to be able to click a video on the PC, have it load in media player classic, stop it halfway, and then goto the appletv and resume where I left off.

Thanks
iirc this would be expected behaviour with external players. xbmc has no means to communicate with the external player, i.e it does not know if you have watched 1min, 5 mins or 50mins worth of video so cannot record its position like it does with the internal player.

Additionally, i think when using external players it marks the movie as watched pretty much as soon as you start playing it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Link XBMC SQL db to Media Player Classic0