• 14(current)
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v2
butchabay Wrote:2. You have to use the normal Fanart View, not Fanart Poster, Fanart Poster has been integrated to choose for video addons. If you want to use this View you should go to Program Addons and disable " Hide Info" in the Slide Out menu.

3. You're sure ? There is a watched Flag in the Window above!

4. No Problem i set it to fixed List !

Hey,

Just checked again and your are indeed correct that there is a watched status in the window above, However... i cant see it if i am watching a tv series in that window? Just like the bug where i can't see if i have a trailer for a movie or its watched status, if i am watching something in the video window that information is not visible? That seems a tad unusual?

I usually search for an episode while watching tv, news, or another show, therefore meaning that the video window is in use and therefore these features are unavaible to me?... Hmmm can that be changed as it seems as tad awkward?

Also, i have found aother bug, where after i have enabled all the views for TV Shows in the skin settings, and then go back and disable them, they dont disable? Once enabled for the first time, they never turn back off no matter what i do?

As for the locked list, an option would be better than fixing it for everyone? Can we have the option to lock it? That way it wont affect everyone...

Here are the screen shots of the things i think are a tad uncomfortable within the skin...

Unable to view watched status or trailer status when video window is in use:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The one above is also a tad annoying as the video selection window is not centered like the other views? It seems to select the video the 3rd from the right? can it be centered so that the video we select is the one in the middle instead of being off to the right? ... Do you also notice the white dot in the h.264 flag, totally looks like a dead pixel (just needs painting gold i think...?

Only have 1 series but it shows 8/10 posters?

The one above is most confusing on an episode level and when you have 3 or above seasons as its easy to get confused?

Hope this is useful, thanks again for all your hard work. its massivly appreciated... I just cant get enought of this skin Big Grin

Edit:
Just checked "Fanart Poster" view again and it looks good as it only shows posters for the series you have! If it had a video window this would work much better imho... Which ever is easiest to implament :-)

Also, did you verify the mising text for current watched tv show in right list view (TV Shows/Episode) or do you need a screenshot?
PatrickBateman Wrote:Hey,

Just checked again and your are indeed correct that there is a watched status in the window above, However... i cant see it if i am watching a tv series in that window? Just like the bug where i can't see if i have a trailer for a movie or its watched status, if i am watching something in the video window that information is not visible? That seems a tad unusual?

I usually search for an episode while watching tv, news, or another show, therefore meaning that the video window is in use and therefore these features are unavaible to me?... Hmmm can that be changed as it seems as tad awkward?

Also, i have found aother bug, where after i have enabled all the views for TV Shows in the skin settings, and then go back and disable them, they dont disable? Once enabled for the first time, they never turn back off no matter what i do?

As for the locked list, an option would be better than fixing it for everyone? Can we have the option to lock it? That way it wont affect everyone...

Here are the screen shots of the things i think are a tad uncomfortable within the skin...

The one above is also a tad annoying as the video selection window is not centered like the other views? It seems to select the video the 3rd from the right? can it be centered so that the video we select is the one in the middle instead of being off to the right? ... Do you also notice the white dot in the h.264 flag, totally looks like a dead pixel (just needs painting gold i think...?

The one above is most confusing on an episode level and when you have 3 or above seasons as its easy to get confused?

Hope this is useful, thanks again for all your hard work. its massivly appreciated... I just cant get enought of this skin Big Grin

Edit:
Just checked "Fanart Poster" view again and it looks good as it only shows posters for the series you have! If it had a video window this would work much better imho... Which ever is easiest to implament :-)

Also, did you verify the mising text for current watched tv show in right list view (TV Shows/Episode) or do you need a screenshot?

Ok i'll do it that way:
Watched Overlay (the old ones) when video is playing.

About enable or disable views. I think you have to delete gui settings and start from scratch, as these options where implemented and guisettings is still on 2.01. I know it's quite annoying to set everything up again, but it's the only way for the moment.

As said the Fanart Poster is only for addons. I'll see if i can make this view avaiable for TV Shows.

I'll change it to Fixed List, that is the right way.

EDIT: Not possible to center on episode Level. It's one View for Movies, TV Shows, Season, Episodes. If i change a position it will affect all the others. You may have to switch to another view in episode level, because i can't change that at the moment.
butchabay Wrote:Ok i'll do it that way:
Watched Overlay (the old ones) when video is playing.

About enable or disable views. I think you have to delete gui settings and start from scratch, as these options where implemented and guisettings is still on 2.01. I know it's quite annoying to set everything up again, but it's the only way for the moment.

As said the Fanart Poster is only for addons. I'll see if i can make this view avaiable for TV Shows.

I'll change it to Fixed List, that is the right way.

EDIT: Not possible to center on episode Level. It's one View for Movies, TV Shows, Season, Episodes. If i change a position it will affect all the others. You may have to switch to another view in episode level, because i can't change that at the moment.

Cool, Is there a reason why the TV Shows/Episode level isthe only view with the selected window off to the right instead of centered? Is it the size of the thumbs or something? is ther another way around it by enlarging or reducing the size of the thums etc? No idea if thats the case Laugh just spit balling with you in the hope to spark your Nerd brain into a solution Wink

All just minor niggles, nothing to really worry about, as over all this skin is incredible! I just adore what you have done!

I've just checked my views again, and i already seem to have "fanart poster" view available in "TV Shows" on a "series" level?

it just has no videowindow available, other than that "Fanart Poster" view is already available for me in TV Shows/Series Nod

Additionally would you consider removing the videowindow border... It NEVER fits my movies and looks untidy as it just does not fit/go with the overall look. No border would be nicer imho... cleaner i think.

As for the Fanart poster view, i think the videowindow would look best either exactly where the fanrt vew window is, or perfectly centered... whadda you think?

Have added a screenie to show the missing text bug for the currently playing episode and the fact that the video window doesnt fitthe videos playing in it :-)

May just be my system (running ODK 38 PVR build) but this skins makes XBMC lock up after a library update is finished, the log seems to point to updating recently added - so I turned on the option to make this visible on the homescreen. This also caused XBMC to freeze.. anyone else see that problem ??

Also one note from playing around with the skin this morning; The 'right list' view when used for tv episodes (as in the actual episode screen, not show / season windows) it's quite hard to read the titles as the text blends into some fanart.. seems like it could do with a tinted background behind it to make it more visible ?

Great work on the skin though Smile
Swifty Wrote:May just be my system (running ODK 38 PVR build) but this skins makes XBMC lock up after a library update is finished, the log seems to point to updating recently added - so I turned on the option to make this visible on the homescreen. This also caused XBMC to freeze.. anyone else see that problem ??

Also one note from playing around with the skin this morning; The 'right list' view when used for tv episodes (as in the actual episode screen, not show / season windows) it's quite hard to read the titles as the text blends into some fanart.. seems like it could do with a tinted background behind it to make it more visible ?

Great work on the skin though Smile

The reason could be that after every update i have to change the version number in addon.xml, but not the skin name. So the only thing is to delete guisettings and starting setup from scratch. As said it's annoying but for now the only way.

Episode View is standard and original cirrus. Maybe i just going to change the font into BOLD.
PatrickBateman Wrote:Cool, Is there a reason why the TV Shows/Episode level isthe only view with the selected window off to the right instead of centered? Is it the size of the thumbs or something? is ther another way around it by enlarging or reducing the size of the thums etc? No idea if thats the case Laugh just spit balling with you in the hope to spark your Nerd brain into a solution Wink

All just minor niggles, nothing to really worry about, as over all this skin is incredible! I just adore what you have done!

I've just checked my views again, and i already seem to have "fanart poster" view available in "TV Shows" on a "series" level?

it just has no videowindow available, other than that "Fanart Poster" view is already available for me in TV Shows/Series Nod

Additionally would you consider removing the videowindow border... It NEVER fits my movies and looks untidy as it just does not fit/go with the overall look. No border would be nicer imho... cleaner i think.

As for the Fanart poster view, i think the videowindow would look best either exactly where the fanrt vew window is, or perfectly centered... whadda you think?

Yep the reason is the itemlayout of the thumbs, they are larger. I can't change it. That's the reason of the non centered items for movies in original cirrus.

About the border in video window, i have to see if i find a solution with aspect ratio ... what do you use as default aspect ratio ? I've invested a lot of time to integrate the border, so no way i'll remove them. Probably i'll do it optional.

Fanart Poster for TV Shows and video window will be in the next release.
butchabay Wrote:The reason could be that after every update i have to change the version number in addon.xml, but not the skin name. So the only thing is to delete guisettings and starting setup from scratch. As said it's annoying but for now the only way.

Episode View is standard and original cirrus. Maybe i just going to change the font into BOLD.

Hmm,
I like the right list view text, im not a fan of bold text Sad i like it to be elegant looking and bold text can look garish? I think it looks good as-is and if changed could do more damage than good...

ive hadded a screenshot of the missing text in rightlist view, andthe video window issue but over all i think right list view is pretty much perfected. If bold is added as an option that would be great, but please dont take away the current text... Big Grin

as for aspect ratio, i use the defaul/standard aspect ratio that my movies/tv shows were shot in, i try to watch content exactly as it was shot. As you can see from myscreenshots, none of my videos seem to fit the window (band of brothers screen shot) and (bored to death screen shot) an option to disable the videowindow border would be great as it just feels and looks cleaner for me, Thanks for that butch.
PatrickBateman Wrote:Hmm,
I like the right list view text, im not a fan of bold text Sad i like it to be elegant looking and bold text can look garish? I think it looks good as-is and if changed could do more damage than good...

ive hadded a screenshot of the missing text in rightlist view, andthe video window issue but over all i think right list view is pretty much perfected. If bold is added as an option that would be great, but please dont take away the current text... Big Grin

Sure i'm just going to see how it looks and ofcourse optional.
Video Window issue in rightlist view Huh
butchabay Wrote:Sure i'm just going to see how it looks and ofcourse optional.
Video Window issue in rightlist view Huh

Yea. the video is sitting outside the video window border by a fraction on the top and bottom, and is not fitted on the left and right hand side, it doesnt fit at all and looks a tad awkward and untidy on a 50" screen Sad but if the option is added to remove it, then consider that issue resolvedNod Big Grin
PatrickBateman Wrote:Yea. the video is sitting outside the video window border by a fraction on the top and bottom, and is not fitted on the left and right hand side, it doesnt fit at all and looks a tad awkward and untidy on a 50" screen Sad but if the option is added to remove it, then consider that issue resolvedNod Big Grin

Here the screenshot of the video window that fits perfectly:

And if you see the you tube video i've posted the playing video fits everywhere in every view. So i'll make it an option to remove the border, but in my eyes it looks perfect.

You Tube Video
butchabay Wrote:Here the screenshot of the video window that fits perfectly:

And if you see the you tube video i've posted the playing video fits everywhere in every view. So i'll make it an option to remove the border, but in my eyes it looks perfect.

You Tube Video

Hey,

Yea, In that view it looks great. Perfect as you say...

But for me, 90% of the time it looks like this Sad ...

PatrickBateman Wrote:Hey,

Yea, In that view it looks great. Perfect as you say...

But for me, 90% of the time it looks like this Sad ...

It's you not me RoflLaughBig Grin

Just kidding, i really know the problem and i'll make it an option to hide the border.
Quote:It's you not me RoflLaughBig Grin

Just kidding, i really know the problem and i'll make it an option to hide the border.

Laugh

Cheers bro Big Grin

While were at it, can i ask one more thing Blush

Can we have options to set how we want content to be launched?

For example my perfect setup would be...

"Cinema" to have a skin option to launch full screen or windowed by default or to play all trailers and intros in a window and then the main feature in full screen!

"Trailers" defaulted to launching in a window (as they do now) -stunning-perfect-amazing please dont ever change this :-)

"Tv Shows" to have a skin option to launch full screen or windowed by default or to continue playing from lastview (remember last view)

"Movies" to have a skin option to launch full screen or windowed by default or to continue playing from lastview (remember last view)

and,

The ability to select "Play All" when in a tv series and have it play all the episodes in the series in the current window (So if i am watching "season 1 episde 1" in a window and then select "play all" it will play all episodes in the season in the current window without change.

Hope that makes sense.

Not sure how possible that is but just another idea :-)
el_Paraguayo Wrote:So I've tweaked things a bit:

I've also fixed the BBFC scraper issue - by changing the scraper code to add the "UK:" prefix. Skin now displays logos correctly.

I've researched to see how BBFC Rating Flags should be named. In Skin Night Purity for example there is:

bbfc_r18.png

and in cirrus:

UK_r18.png

Please could you share your modified includesCodingFlagging.xml ? So i can put it in the next update?

Thanx
PatrickBateman Wrote:Laugh

Cheers bro Big Grin

While were at it, can i ask one more thing Blush

Can we have options to set how we want content to be launched?

For example my perfect setup would be...

"Cinema" to have a skin option to launch full screen or windowed by default or to play all trailers and intros in a window and then the main feature in full screen!

"Trailers" defaulted to launching in a window (as they do now) -stunning-perfect-amazing please dont ever change this :-)

"Tv Shows" to have a skin option to launch full screen or windowed by default or to continue playing from lastview (remember last view)

"Movies" to have a skin option to launch full screen or windowed by default or to continue playing from lastview (remember last view)

and,

The ability to select "Play All" when in a tv series and have it play all the episodes in the series in the current window (So if i am watching "season 1 episde 1" in a window and then select "play all" it will play all episodes in the season in the current window without change.

Hope that makes sense.

Not sure how possible that is but just another idea :-)

Here you're asking something that is not handled by the skin itself. When you press "enter" to start a video file it automatically goes fullscreen. Time ago the idea was to bring a popup window where to choose how you want to start the video.

Example: Fanart View on press down a window popup where to choose:

- Play Video in video window
- Play Video Fullscreen
- Play Trailer in video window
- Play Trailer Fullscreen

But i have to see, learn and test how i should handle it. Another Option could be to have these option in Video Info by pressing "i" ...

Play all it's already possible, you have to queue all your item by pressing "c" contex menu so you'll have a playlist and it would play all shows in sequence.

Cinema: Don't know if i understand, but downloaded trailers could be handled as playlist too and play them in sequence via playlist.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v213