Exporting DDS Fanart
Sorry if this has been covered before but I couldn't find anything on it.

Is there a way to export DDS fanart as well as TBN when using the "Export Library" feature?
Star 
jackmeehan Wrote:Is there a way to export DDS fanart as well as TBN when using the "Export Library" feature?
Guess I'm not hip... don't understand what DDS or TBN means. Exporting fanart (background images) and the cover art (thumbnails) is done in video settings export video library as separate files.. they end up in the folders you placed your original video.
Thanks for the reply.

TBN is the standard format of fanart/thumb images. DDS is an alternative format which some GPU's can decode therefore making it faster to load (although is often 2x the size of TBN) which makes it the more suitable format for a lot of users. Currently only the TBN images are exported, hence my question.
I wish to resurect Jack's question on exporting DDS artwork, as it was not answered. (... and I have the same question)

I have a system that has Nvidia GPU, so I can take advantage of DDS artwork.

My advancedsettings.xml is:

<advancedsettings>

[INDENT]<useddsfanart>true</useddsfanart>
<video>
[INDENT] <playcountminimumpercent>90</playcountminimumpercent>
</video>[/INDENT]

<videolibrary>
[INDENT]<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
</videolibrary>[/INDENT]
</advancedsettings>[/INDENT]

Now, my understanding of the information at http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=ThumbnailCache is that all I then need to do is to scroll through my movies and other catagories, and XBMC will automaticaly create and store a DSS version of the DVD Artwork and Fan Art, and use that, cuttimg down liubrary load times.

(... right? )

As I have 4 systems, and have my media on NAS, I use the export feature to ensure that my graphic choices are saved and can be replicated to other systems.

As Jack asked: "Is there a way to export DDS fanart as well as TBN when using the "Export Library" feature?"

Or... maybe just a way to tell it to export ONLY the DDS version of the artwork?

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Exporting DDS Fanart0