mini-itx mobo recommendation for i3-2105
I am looking for a mobo for the i3-2105. My only real requirement is mini-itx format. Wireless is not required. Thank you.
http://ow.ly/1tpnRD

Smile
Eskro like that board you linked to I see it requires a separate graphics card what is the best one to go for if you want to just use openelec??

Thanks

Paul
OpenELEC is based on Linux so, get a GT210 http://ow.ly/1tqsHX
and the rest is history!
Thanks eskro, I linked to that but it says "Recommended Power Supply 300 W" if I use the above board would you recommend the 300w power supply

Paul
eskro Wrote:http://ow.ly/1tpnRD

Smile

Thank for the recommendation. Are Gigabyte mobos bad? I havent built a PC in years so I am a little out of the loop in terms of which suppliers are better than others.
@paul elder: which htpc case your getting?

@tboooe: Are Gigabyte mobos bad!!? Hell No!! Their the top brand!!!
paul elder Wrote:Eskro like that board you linked to I see it requires a separate graphics card what is the best one to go for if you want to just use openelec??

Thanks

Paul

Well, if you're going to use a discrete card, there is no reason at all to pay for a 2105 rather than a 2100, since the only difference is the HD2000 vs HD3000 GPU. And by all accounts the HD3000 is a totally unnecessary upgrade for an HTPC anyhow.

But personally, if you're buying an i3-2100 for an HTPC, I think you ought to at least give the integrated GPU a try. There's plenty of H67 ITX MBs that have the necessary connectivity and include a PCIEx16 slot to enable you to add a discrete card later in case you're not happy with the results.

Indeed I think the Asrock H67M-ITX/HT that Eskro linked does have HDMI out and supports the integrated GPU and allows, but does not require, use of a discrete graphics card.
Eskro was going to go for the WESENA itx2
Zon2020. Thanks for the info I read the tech page but did not see it had it's own integrated GPU. I thought it required the use of separate graphics card

Paul
paul elder Wrote:Eskro was going to go for the WESENA itx2
Zon2020. Thanks for the info I read the tech page but did not see it had it's own integrated GPU. I thought it required the use of separate graphics card

Paul

The H61/H67/Z68 motherboards typically are listed as having no onboard graphics at places like Newegg because the GPU is not part of the motherboard, it's part of the CPU. The motherboard needs the chipset and connectors to make use of the CPUs's GPU, which is what the H61/H67/Z68 have, but you need to make sure that it has the connectors you want (not all have HDMI) and personally I would choose one with a PCIEx16 slot so I can use a discrete card if I ever choose to do so.
Zon

Thanks for the info I will keep that in mind before I order one, as you say will get one with pciex16

Paul

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
mini-itx mobo recommendation for i3-21050