New AMD Fusion Board keeps Crashing - WIN7 XBMC
Hi Guys,

This is my first build on the new AMD Fusion board under WIN7 and XBMC keeps crashing at random intervals when playing a movie.
DXVA2 is set on but even when it's off it still crashes - Looking at the log file it seems like an issue with FFMPEG? (I have no clue how to read these log files)

Any help would be great!
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...8947999488
http://pastebin.com/GcRAYBeV

Specs:
ASUS E35M1-M PRO Motherboard
2GB Ram
Win 7 32Bit
Not heard of problems like this. Does this happen with only 1 film or more?
My fusion board (EM35m1-1 deluxe) runs just fine with XBMC.

Looking at your log, it seems XBMC is not able to read your data. For example:

11:09:35 T:2852 M:1079894016 ERROR: ffmpeg[B24]: [matroska] Read error

Did you install all the drivers from the Asus site ? If you installed everything correctly, I'd say you have a hardware fault (though it's hard to call).

What I'd do for starters is see if there are problems outside XBMC, with playing movies, or with anything in general.

I'd also try a clean install:

* Install win7
* Install all drivers from Asus
* Install latest AMD Catalyst
* Install latest Realtek driver as well by the way, from their site; the one supplied by Asus has a bug, but it's not related to your current problems.

That's all. If you then still have the same problems, I'd return the board (but make sure it IS your board, could be your hdd and/or cable too of course)
Ok I tried re-installing everything from scratch and it still hangs after about 20 or so minutes of playing any movie.

This time it gave this error:
m_pD3DDevice->BeginScene() failed

Hmm.. Might have to do a mem check and HDD check. Ill report back ASAP

THanks,
I assume this is with all of your movies, right ?

Getting those kind of 'weird' errors after a clean install doesn't look too good. If you have some spare RAM and HDD and SATA cable, try to replace those to make sure it's not that. If that still doesn't help, I'd probably return the board.
Yeah it happens with all movies.

I think it may be a HDD issue, since I used an old laptop HDD as the boot drive I did notice some massive delays when seeking this HDD. I compared it in Seatools with a few other HDD's of the same speed and it seemed this HDD kept locking up halfway during the test for 20 seconds then completing the test.

Also I moved one of the videos to the boot drive and it crashed XBMC much quicker, within 2 minutes this time rather than 20 or so mins,

Will try a new one tonight and if that doesn't work I'll move some new RAM in there.

Quite eager to get this PC out of my house and to it's new owner.
Ok I changed the HDD and it was working perfectly for a day until this morning when I installed Microsoft Security Essentials and it started to crash again.

I will do more investigation - If it's not a memory issue now then the board is going to have to go back.
Just an Update:

Changed RAM, uninstalled MSE - Still getting crashes back to menu when playing movies at random intervals.

I'm losing hair here!

My next test is to try a different PSU, if it's not that then it has to be the board.
I should probably also mention that I have an iMon case and I have heard issues about the system not booting with the iMon VFD but mine has no such issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New AMD Fusion Board keeps Crashing - WIN7 XBMC0