XBMC will not start - win 7 64bit
Question 
Hello
I just got a new laptop (HP pavilion DV7). I installed XBMC and when I go to start it nothing happens. I say nothing happens, but once I have tried to start XBMC when I shut off the computer I get a DEVICE_Power_state_failure blue screen of death, after waiting for 10 minutes for windows to shut down.

I thought it may be related to the DIVX driver, because when I did a system restore to just before this was installed (and it was installed when XBMC installed) I can again shut down windows fine.

After the system restore, I tired installing DIVX WEB PLAYER 1.5 before installing XBMC in the hopes that an older driver would help. It did not change anything with respect to XBMC starting. I could use the DIVX player before trying to start XBMC, but afterwards the system freezes. If I shut down the computer (pushing the power button!) and start the DIVX player without having tried to start XBMC it works just fine.

There is no log file created by XBMC with the failed start attempts.

Any suggestions on what I can try? I am out of ideas and really love this media player. I have it running on two other computers which are also running win 7 64bit without problems.

Thank you
Jon

SYSTEM INFO:
Windows 7 64 bit
HP laptop Pavilion DV7-6070CA
i7-2630QM [email protected] GHz
8 GB RAM
Graphics - Radeon HD 6770M
desktop resolution 1600x900 @ 60 hz
Generic PnP monitor
Intel® display Audio

XBMC product version 10.1
JRP72 Wrote:Hello
I just got a new laptop (HP pavilion DV7). I installed XBMC and when I go to start it nothing happens. I say nothing happens, but once I have tried to start XBMC when I shut off the computer I get a DEVICE_Power_state_failure blue screen of death, after waiting for 10 minutes for windows to shut down.

I thought it may be related to the DIVX driver, because when I did a system restore to just before this was installed (and it was installed when XBMC installed) I can again shut down windows fine.

After the system restore, I tired installing DIVX WEB PLAYER 1.5 before installing XBMC in the hopes that an older driver would help. It did not change anything with respect to XBMC starting. I could use the DIVX player before trying to start XBMC, but afterwards the system freezes. If I shut down the computer (pushing the power button!) and start the DIVX player without having tried to start XBMC it works just fine.

There is no log file created by XBMC with the failed start attempts.

Any suggestions on what I can try? I am out of ideas and really love this media player. I have it running on two other computers which are also running win 7 64bit without problems.

Thank you
Jon

SYSTEM INFO:
Windows 7 64 bit
HP laptop Pavilion DV7-6070CA
i7-2630QM [email protected] GHz
8 GB RAM
Graphics - Radeon HD 6770M
desktop resolution 1600x900 @ 60 hz
Generic PnP monitor
Intel® display Audio

XBMC product version 10.1

need to update ALL of your drivers
Thanks for the response.
I have updated all the drivers that I can find. The video drivers will only update through the HP site and from what I can gather they are up to date. So is the audio.

Are there others that I am missing?

Thank you
Jon
Thumbs Up 
You were absolutely right!
I reinstalled all the drivers from the HP website again and now it works.
Thanks for the help
Jon
Also, I'm not sure if I'm following you exactly, but XBMC uses its own codecs. You do not need to install DIVX before installing XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC will not start - win 7 64bit0