Even more unofficial ATV2 builds for eternal optimists
RosevilleHT Wrote:And so it begins.

Like I said before, it DOESN'T MATTER as long as this stays in one thread.

Turb007 Wrote:can anyone post a link to instructions to install these builds please

It's the same instructions for the unofficial nightly in the sticky, you just replace the file location from Keith's url/build to LG's url/build.
Thanks Ned
just to let folk know, this has the smb share bug, were manually scanning for content will eventually crash xmbc back to front row. Best to ensure your librarys are all fully up to date before updating to this
no work around for this? or simply to have it scanned at startup?
Hi,
I just tried this build and it runs fine (new Confluence is really nice...and Cachhing feature is great if you, like me, use streaming contents like I do). I just noticed though that Movies and TV Series info gotten from info plugins stopped working... if I try to get some info keeping menu button pressed on a file it says server is down... and if I try to update an info I already gotten (with previous builds) it crashes XBMC... Not sure if it happens only for me.

Btw everything else seems to work fine Smile (but if you can fix this it should be great)
Thanks a lot!

UPDATE: After further tests I realized it doesnt happen all the times... sometimes the update works, other times it says "Couldn'n connect to the Server" messages (in italian for me) worst case some other times happens... it crashes XBMC and goes to Apple dashboard... not sure why different behaviour...
danfozzy Wrote:just to let folk know, this has the smb share bug, were manually scanning for content will eventually crash XBMC back to front row. Best to ensure your librarys are all fully up to date before updating to this

This bug must apply to FTP sources as well as I cannot build a new library on this using my FTP server. Haven't tried upnp.

Log: http://pastebin.com/fdUrmgTs

Edit 1:

Just tried it again, got a little farther (log file part 1, part 2). It gave me the "Can't connect to remote server" message once and, after I hit "yes," it did continue the scan.

But then it crashed back to Front Row like before.

Edit2:

When I tried with upnp, it immediately popped up "Can't connect to remote server" and, when I hit "yes," it instantly crashed to Front Row.

Log: http://pastebin.com/tnvSDtw5

Not going to bother with SMB if it's already confirmed as nonworking.
known bug!
I appreciate these new builds and will be sure to post bugs related to whichever build I use in the proper thread.

As it seems the MySQL DB just upped again in the Win7 and OSX pre-Edens I am using, I will need to try this build in the hopes it's also using the latest DB rev.

Such a pain doing pre-Eden on so many different OS types, but makes for good testing Wink
Just wanted to post a quick thanks for this build. It resolved all my issues with the new DB from the latest nightly, plays really well with MySQL (better than previous builds) and even is working under iOS 4.2 as I never upped my ATV2 to 4.3 after all the issues I read about. Will do it eventually, but thought you would be happy to know that, so far, this build is running great, with MySQL, nice and fast even, on my 4.2 ATV2. Great job and thank you!
danfozzy Wrote:just to let folk know, this has the smb share bug, were manually scanning for content will eventually crash XBMC back to front row. Best to ensure your librarys are all fully up to date before updating to this
I get the same thing and I use FTP for sharing. I don't want to turn this into a help thread though, so carry on.
Server - Debain Squeeze Server + 6TB RAID5 + Sabnzbd + CP & SB
HTPC - Zotac MAG + 60GB Vertex 2 SSD + OpenELEC Frodo 12.1 + Aeon Nox
HTPC 2 - AppleTV 2
Lawn Gnome Wrote:These are Apple TV 2 builds only. I don't have any other iOS devices new enough to run XBMC, and don't want to build anything I can't at least minimally test before uploading. Sorry, iPhone and iPad users.

There's a good chance these builds will only run on iOS 4.3, because that's the SDK I have installed on my build machine. If someone with iOS 4.2 wants to try using a build and report back, awesome, but I'm not exactly confident.

1) I never test my ios builds. I ask someone on IRC to do it occasionally, but 90% of the time I just drop 'em and hope for the best. Smile
2) Naw, I'm using 4.3 SDK too, works fine with all IOS4+ devices.
Its all at your own free will of course..... but I would love another build in two days, as in 7 days after ur first release Smile
I have been using this build for a week now , only mkv's on a seagate goflex using ftp sharing and its solid. no buffering problems at all.

re updating the library i found i can do this but i run it manually from the library folder and its fine. If i run it from the files folder it crashes but no biggie Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Even more unofficial ATV2 builds for eternal optimists0