Movies in library
Hi, my current setup has outgrown itself, so i have built another pc up, got windows 7 running on it (this oneis using vista), i intend to put all my movie hard drives in the windows 7 machine, have xbmc installed on it, scrape all the movies on it.
Then on the main xbmc (vista), i would add source via upnp, and then watch the movies from the 7 machine that way.
I will be retaining 1 movie hard drive in the vista machine, but i wanted all the movies to appear in the movies section(library), but alas they do not, i have to go into videos, which is something i didn't want to do.

Is there a way for all the movies to appear in movies library, regardless of where they are stored?
Thanks guys
disregard that last question, must be getting stupid with age, library mode wasn't enables...
Edit: they aren't showing up in library mode?!
have you set the content type and actually done a scan?
--
XBMC HUB - THE NEW HOME FOR ADD-ONS and PLUGINS
Read how my ATV2 installation went
ATV2 one week on ... it's getting better all the time
XBMC/ATV2 - Feeling the love
--
XBMC:
Platform - Darwin iOS (11.0.0 AppleTV2,1, Version 4.3 (Build 8F305)).
11.0-RC2 - Built on Mar 1 2012 (Git:20120229-f38655f)
Platform - Darwin OSX (8.8.2 i386, Version 10.4.7 (Build 8N6014)).
11.0-RC2 - Built on Mar 1 2012 (Git:20120229-f38655f)
rather than get ahead of myself, i've scanned on drive, but am gonna do the lot before i post anything else, then see where i am, but thanks for the reply!!
will advise later on today!
You can add multiple locations either as one source or as separate sources, your best options is to share the movie folder(s) on the win 7 machine then add them as a SMB share on the other machines which is just like adding a local drive

I think your problem is your using upnp which I believe doesn't allow you to scrape your media in the same way ?
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
pc still scanning, but on last drive, just out of curiosity, is samba a windows feature, or do i download it?
Never used before so pardon my ignorance!
falafael Wrote:pc still scanning, but on last drive, just out of curiosity, is samba a windows feature, or do i download it?
Never used before so pardon my ignorance!

Samba / SMB is the normal application-layer networking protocol for sharing files / printers in Windows. So no.. you don't need to download it, it's built in.

Further info can be found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Server_Message_Block / http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/...S.85).aspx if interested.
Just share the folder in windows then when you go to add source in xbmc go to SMB and you should see your shared folders
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
ok, as usual, nothing simple, although upnp works, i have shared each harddrive as mentioned, and gone onto windows smb on the vista pc, and although it sees the other computer, as well as each drive (letter), it sees no content at all on any drive?
Suggestions?
I didn't say share the whole drive not that it matters, chances are you haven't configured everything correctly especially if all you did was just share the drive and nothing else

If you did just share the drive and password protection is on then that's the likely cause, there are plenty of guides on how to share in windows 7 including turning off password protection

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies in library0