XBMC + W7 Dual Boot
Hi,
I recently bought Asrock ION 152B. Now I want install XBMC Live in a partition on my HD, and a looader that give me a chance to choose if i want to load windows or XMBC, is there a guide to do this ?

I have some other question, I'm sorry, I'm very inexpert:

- Once I have installed XMBC Live on my hd, can I share my media between windows and XBMC ? How ?

- I need to download a specific version of XBMC Live for my ION 152B, mmm may be something like XMBCFreak ? where i can find the last version?
- Do I need do something step if I want Audio 5.1 from HDMI ?
- There is something of very important I have to know before installing XMBC on a patition of my HD ?

Thanks so much, I really need your help!
I don't think XBMC Live supports dual booting. If you want dual booting you'd be better off going with Ubuntu or OpenELEC.

Wouldn't it be easier to just run XBMC on Windows 7?

JR
yes, why dualboot in this case - simply install XBMC on Windows7 if you need that OS anyway.
thanks Guy
One thing I've done is just left XBMC Live on a USB stick and run it from there. It actually runs very well that way. This way you can dual boot from the boot menu. It will store all data on the USB stick and not need the hard drive. XBMC actually runs better for me from the LIVE USB stick then it does on the hard drive from windows.
rchapoteau Wrote:One thing I've done is just left XBMC Live on a USB stick and run it from there. It actually runs very well that way. This way you can dual boot from the boot menu. It will store all data on the USB stick and not need the hard drive. XBMC actually runs better for me from the LIVE USB stick then it does on the hard drive from windows.

yeah i run it the same way... xbmc-live is better than the windows version on a nettop.
Tonella Wrote:Hi,
I recently bought Asrock ION 152B. Now I want install XBMC Live in a partition on my HD, and a looader that give me a chance to choose if i want to load windows or XBMC, is there a guide to do this ?

I have some other question, I'm sorry, I'm very inexpert:

- Once I have installed XBMC Live on my hd, can I share my media between windows and XBMC ? How ?
xbmc-live is based on linux. linux can natively read/ write to ms fat32/ ntfs... windows cannot read/write to linux ext2/3.
Tonella Wrote:...
- Do I need do something step if I want Audio 5.1 from HDMI ?
it worked fine for me on a acer revo 3600. ymmv.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC + W7 Dual Boot0