sleep mode in windows 7
HI, I am trying to figure out if when I put PC to sleep with XBMC in Windows 7 if it is putting it in to Hybrid or Non-Hybrid mode,,, or does it just go with what Windows is set for (I am set for Hybrid mode) -- i find it more convenient than using suspend as it takes longer to load back up again vs 7 seconds from sleep.

I want to make sure as i know hybrid sleep uses less power than regular sleep and suspend uses about the same as hybrid, but it takes pretty much whole boot process to resume.

Also as a side note, does anyone know how to make sleep NOT make the power button blink? (without pulling the LED lead from the MB)

Thanks!
window 7 provide the sleep mode facility in this facility if user do not work long time and computer is not use that time in particular time this computer go on sleep mode .It means save the power .
The blinking light is a motherboard feature. The only ways I can think of is to either unplug the HDD wire from your F. panel connector to your motherboard, or put a switch on it. Or jsut cover it , either partially, or completely.

I covered mine about 90% because it's so damned bright.
argh! Wrote:The blinking light is a motherboard feature.

I saw this setting in my BIOS as to what I want the light to do in sleep mode. The availability to set this feature will likely vary depending on your MB manufacturer and BIOS version.
I have this option on my new HTPC I just put together last week. I don't think I have this feature on my 3 yr old desktop PC with a different MB brand.
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
sleep mode in windows 70