Having problems playing my own videos files - with XBMC on Apple TV 2
I bought an Apple TV 2

I tried to jailbreak it with some video tutorials and did a bit but am now stuck.

If on Apple TV, I go to ABOUT section, it says my SOFTWARE VERSION = 4.1.1 (In case you need to know that)

I jailbroke it so now on my homepage of Apple TV - the second option after movies I have is NIDOTV and then after Internet I have XBMC on the Apple TV home page

Basically what I want to do is, whenever I download a movie, generally in AVI format, I can put it from my wireless network, somehow so it can just read it from my iMAC - make sense? Just to play my own video files

How can I do that?

Thanks
swissdude Wrote:I bought an Apple TV 2

I tried to jailbreak it with some video tutorials and did a bit but am now stuck.

If on Apple TV, I go to ABOUT section, it says my SOFTWARE VERSION = 4.1.1 (In case you need to know that)

I jailbroke it so now on my homepage of Apple TV - the second option after movies I have is NIDOTV and then after Internet I have XBMC on the Apple TV home page

Basically what I want to do is, whenever I download a movie, generally in AVI format, I can put it from my wireless network, somehow so it can just read it from my iMAC - make sense? Just to play my own video files

How can I do that?

Thanks

You have to open XBMC in the XBMC menu. After that then learn how to use XBMC:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...tart_Guide

For the most part all instructions will be the same for XBMC on desktop systems.

Very short version, you will share a folder on your iMac using SMB. In XBMC you will be able to open this SMB folder and play movies from there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Having problems playing my own videos files - with XBMC on Apple TV 20