Suggestions to develop a script under Linux
Question 
Hello. I'm new in the xbmc community, and looking forward to colaborate with this fantastic project.
I'm from Spain (sorry if I don't write well enough), and doing the final work for my IT degree. I'm doing a comprehensive study about linux media centers and, for the last part, I must develop an addon(script) for XBMC.
I've been reading a lot of pages from xbmc.org (like the FAQ, manual, and many others), and concluded that the possibilities are too many to count.
First of all, I don't know Python, but learn fast. I know there are a lot of addons made, but can you recommend me one script to develop, count I must finish it before July 15th (to make the documentation, and implement it to my main document)? I know it's very little time to do something big, so any little functionality will be fine. You may know how much time is needed to develop some functionality.
The last thing I need is a start point to set the programming environment to linux xbmc. Is it better to use Ubuntu + XBMC than the LiveCD? What programs do I need to develop xbmc scripts?
Thanks in advance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Suggestions to develop a script under Linux0