[Live] HD content is fine, SD XviD content bad quality scaling
Question 
Hello,

After reading the forum a lot and watching screenshots, I finally checked XBMC on my windows machine, and decided this is what I need.

I got myself an ASUS based machine with Atom +NG ION chipset which is running XBMC live just fine.

However I seem to have some issues with the scaling of SD content. I'm using HW accelleration (VDPAU enabled) but it just doesn't look nearly as good as on my old trusted WDTV, and not even close to what the PS3 did with this content.

The machine is connected to a 1080P capable display via HDMI.

I checked out the existing posts in here but found a lot of info from 2009 and 2010 which is probably not relevant to the current build, for example:

* VDPAU disabled for XviD content
* Requests for software SD scaling, and retaining VDPAU for HD

Is there anything I can do to improve quality of SD content?

As a test I disabled hardware rendering, and SD displays just fine, CPU seems to handle it okay, but scaling doesn't look much better (didn't fiddle with algorithms) - HD playback is of course, jerky, CPU can't keep up.

All help is very welcome. Big Grin
I have found this in another thread:

Quote:"Read about <vdpauscaling> in http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title...ml#.3Cvideo.3E
It's disabled by default, since performance is a lot better with it off.
Also, XBMC has lanczos scalers in GLSL that can be used together with vdpau, but only if vdpau is not scaling. "

Can this be set in the GUI or do I need to edit config files?

Thank you
Smile 
Seems I was too fast to post any questions - resolved in the OSD GUI settings - counter intuitive to me... changed to Lanczos and all is well Smile

Thread can be locked :p

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Live] HD content is fine, SD XviD content bad quality scaling0