Network problem?
is it just this machine on this given router that your having issues with?

DHCP is not static.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:is it just this machine on this given router that your having issues with?

DHCP is not static.

Yes only in this machine with XBMC live. I tested the same machine with windows 7 and it worked. I also tried my laptop (Windows 7 / Fedora 15) and it also worked.
you mentioned in an earlier post that using DHCP gave you an error what was the error?

The issue here probably lies with the addressing of your live machine.
deleted
my guess is that you were getting an error that said something to the effect of you have multiple clients with the same ip....to try and fix this when you are using DHCP run the command, sudo dhclient this command will force a release and renew, thus in theory fixing your problem assuming everything goes as planned.

Hope this helps.
If I chip in my two cents, try something simple and normal like assigning a single IP to each client, do this via dhcp and use ddwrt to permanently assign given ips to a specific machine, the guides are on the ddwrt forums.

Then set routing for your wireless one and make that a wireless extender, not bridge... in turn the wireless extender just works as a router not gateway and configured as such.

If you have ddwrt you should be able to do this in 5 minutes but dont be tempted to setup a wireless access point for everyone to use lock it all down with strong passwords.

When you get all machines working you can play around.
to properly set a static IP on your linux box:

Code:
sudo vi /etc/network/interfaces

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
address 192.168.1.250 #make sure it is not used by other machines
netmask 255.255.255.0
network 192.168.1.0
broadcast 192.168.1.255
gateway 192.168.1.1   #your routers IP

do not copy my comments, delete from # on as comments might not be allowed in the interfaces file
First of all, I want to thank everyone for helping out. Today, XBMClive can connect to my router without the need of the wireless bridge. I will be honest here, I don't really know why it works now (haven modified anything of the machine since my last post, nor of the router).

What I did saw (was going to put a static ip (thanks to wsnipex)) is that the dhcp clients showed my XBMClive machine (since I used it less than 24 hours ago with the wireless bridge). So I decided to change the static IP, I turned on the machine, and saw that XBMClive appeared on my Active clients. I don't really know what happened, would be cool if someone knows what actually happen...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Network problem?0